The Oktober Guard: 25th Style

invisiblewraithbeta

well done! I had the same idea for Horror Show but was afraid to attempt it. so kudos for not only doing so but pulling it off magnificently. they are all sweet but the craftsmanship on HS is truly remarkable.

1) Superb work!

2) I read you Joe customs wiki entry the other day and that neck ball joint swapping technique is brilliant! I never would have thought of that...

3) What paint do you use for flesh tones? I'm having trouble finidng one I like.

wow those look awsome

• 2 weeks later...

Wong: Chinese Air Force Officer on loan to the Oktober Guard

UPDATED FIGURE

wong5.jpg

I added the button up front from a KotKS Russian Soldier, the more I looked at him, the more he needed it.

ORIGINAL VERSION

Wong.jpg

Ah, Wong, the cartoon only Chinese cowboy of the Oktober Guard. Not a bad character, but he deserved the full treatment so here is a 25th Anniversary version. For the basic design, I kept the recipe close to Shrage.

Recipe:

Head, hands: VvV Rollbar modified with Wild Bill hat

Arms, torso: Cobra Trooper

Legs: Storm Shadow with KotCS Dovchenko boots

As a result or a need for mutual enemies and strength a some duplicity on both parties, the Soviet Union and the People's Liberation Army of China entered into an exchange program so that their armed forces could learn from one another and advance the Communist cause while steeling their resolve against the capitalistic and adventurist dogs of the west.

As part of the exchange, a People's Liberation Army Air Force officer was placed with the Oktober Guard, the elite of the Warsaw Pact. Kong Jun Zhong Wei( the equivalent of an Air Force First Lieutenant) Wong Yi, a helicopter pilot of the PLA joined the Oktober Guard while Andrei Dragonsky served with the PLA tank corp. If not for a weather delay to his flight, Wong would have been with the Oktober Guard during the first fateful encounter with the GI Joe unit.

A few years after the exchange program ended, Wong would rejoin the Oktober Guard in the aftermath of a disastrous mission to Sierra Gordo which claimed the lives of 4 unit members at the request of temporary unit commander Daina.

Now that I look at him, I'm not sure why he looks green in spots, the base figure was blue too.