New G.I.Joe Cobra 5 Figure Boxset

The Wire

I don't much care for the selection.

Storm Shadow: Ok, I guess. He cums with nunchuks. That's about it that's cool.

Cobra Commander: HOLY CRAP! A HAND!

Baroness: Better, but why the hell couldn't they fix the crotch?

Zartan: I hope that leg/waist thing is just a flaw for that particular figure and not for the general run. And after this long, I'd thing they would be more adept at the stuff they are wearing on the torso not being bunched up on the chest. We are still getting the same problem Firefly has.

Viper: Fixed hands. Awesome. To be honest, I'm not sure I care for the chrome, but that's not REALLY a complaint.

Man o man, that Viper looks sharp! Baroness looks great. Storm Shadow looks cartoon accurate(or is that comic accurate) without sleeves, and CC and Zartan are okay.

Even though there are some saving graces to this set I'll pass.

How does it not look fixed?

Compare it to this. There's obviously much more clearance for her hips on the new figure than the old. In fact, it looks like under the belt, the new figure may have the same torso, but those weird 'arms' on the buckle aren't there, having been carved out to make said room.

I like the Baroness, hell, she was ALWAYS OK with me. But, for us army builders, a little too late on the re-vamped Viper. The rest are just not worth it. If someone is just starting their collection, or somehow missed out on the figs, then this is for them.

How does it not look fixed?

Compare it to this. There's obviously much more clearance for her hips on the new figure than the old. In fact, it looks like under the belt, the new figure may have the same torso, but those weird 'arms' on the buckle aren't there, having been carved out to make said room.

It didn't look much different, but your right.

I actually kinda like the look of the original in that it looks like she is wearing armor over her clothes. It could be positioning of the figure in the pic, but it doesn't look like that in the new one.

You all know you'll buy at least two sets! Then when the Valentines Day pack comes out, you'll buy 2 of those, Then the St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukah and Christmas 5-packs, you'll buy 2 of those. You know you will, don't lie. Everyone needs a Stormshadow with a kiss the cook apron and mini Turkey.

You all know you'll buy at least two sets! Then when the Valentines Day pack comes out, you'll buy 2 of those, Then the St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukah and Christmas 5-packs, you'll buy 2 of those. You know you will, don't lie. Everyone needs a Stormshadow with a kiss the cook apron and mini Turkey.

I'd like to think we are a little more restrained than that, although your scenario WOULD fit in with my whole 'COBRA BBQ Dio' that I had planned since the onset of this line...

Both sets look sweet. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I like all the figures.... Cobra Comander being my least favorite, but there are great updates ot the ones we've been complaining about and new versions of ones we wanted replaced. All in all both of these sets are great. Can't wait to get my mitts on all of them.

I know there's two posts, but I'll post my thoughts on both here....

Flint - Great updates. New arms used on the original colors. New head, web gear and looks like a new crotch.

Lady Jaye - New legs and paint scheme as well as gear and weapons.

Snake Eyes - Bout time we got this version and a new Timber to boot.

Shipwreck - pleasantly surprised by this upgrade. New legs, arms and Polly. And a grapple hook.

Hawk - Meh...Cartoon colors, but still nice.

Cobra Commander - Easily the one throw away though I'll use those hands for some mods on other figures.

Storm Shadow - New arms and lower legs. I'll need to swap out the gray belt and lower legs for white ones, but nice.

Zartan - YES! A pissed Zartan.

Baroness - Easily the best figure of this wave and one of the top three of the whole line.

Viper - Sigh. To little to late on this one I'm afraid. Dig the arms and face plate, but sadly I've already troop built and modified so this is probably be trade bait.

I'm sure I'll have some spares as I'm getting a pair of each, so be on the look out for my trade post.

I'm just going to copy Havok and combine my comments:

Flint - Like the body, hate the head - swapping with V1

Lady Jaye - New legs, arms and Torso look OK for a Bombstrike custom. Still prefer V1

Snake Eyes - Nice but unnecessary. Like that he has a backpack. Still prefer V1, but LOVE the new timber

Shipwreck - improved body and legs. Hate the head though. Like polly

Hawk - too bad it wasn't Keel Haul on the Flagg

Cobra Commander - not needed

Storm Shadow -another waste

Zartan - Too bad I just bought and Opened the Wave 11 one. AH well.

Baroness - FINALLY they got it right!

Viper - Like the chrome faceplate. AWESOME! will go well with the chrome CC from the DVD pack.

Overall, I'll get these, but mostly for custom fodder and headswaps.

But, for us army builders, a little too late on the re-vamped Viper.

Agreed, I am not going to go out and buy yet more Vipers. I'm done army building those guys. Not that there's anything wrong with him, it's just too late.

I like everything else in the set. Yes, that includes Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. This is the first Storm Shadow since the first 25th one from the oringinal 25th 5-pack That will actually go on the shelf. I am loving the cobra commander with the cape.

Zartan's pretty neat and Baroness is a great improvement.

I'll be getting this one but no Joe set for me, thanks.

But, for us army builders, a little too late on the re-vamped Viper. The rest are just not worth it. If someone is just starting their collection, or somehow missed out on the figs, then this is for them.

Man Im glad i only bought 2 of them. I just wasnt that excited about them until now. Im gonna get six to 12 of these chrome Vipers. Were better off buying the sets and selling the other figures. Vipers come out cheap. Hasbro will make a Chrome Cobra Commader face plate to match. And if were lucky Hasbro will make Cobra de Aco in chrome headed glory. :)