New Joe 5 Pack Pics at Joecanuck

Damed

These figures all look good enough but there's nothing there that I need to go out and rebuy.

Flint: I was secretly hoping they would NEVER give him gloves just to smite all the people who never realized what a nonissue "no gloves on Flint" was.

Lady Jay: They zipped her up, so why would I want an inferior LJ figure? :)

SON OF A BIT%^!!! @cussing@

They fixed the Vipers arms! Damnit! Now I want to rebuy my entire army! I think they'll be a whole lot of the old swap the figure and return happening that some of you guys have come across so often.

I am looking forward to comparison pictures with the older releases to really compare and see if these new figures are at all worth it. They seem more like the cartoon designs, and as a fan of the cartoon, I like that, but don't like re-buying figures constantly. I will wait and see.

I like both of these, but that Cobra sets gonna get returned with switched Vipers like there is no tomorrow. Looks like they Fixed both Flint and Shipwrecks hands, Took the purple off the animated style SE and gave us a new Polly. Lady Jaye looks to be completely new except for the head and Hawk looks the same. With the Cobra set looks like new arms and feet for SS, new head for the Baroness, new arms and a new head for the Viper. CC looks like a bash of other versions and I don't have that Zartan yet, so other than the color changes I'm not sure if anythings differnet. All in al I have to say I'll probably get both sets unless it's announced we'll get sinle version of some of those figures.

As crazy as it sounds, I might just get the Joe set, and split the figures with a friend of mine in California. I'd really like a decent Ship Wreck, and that one seems the best so far. I'm sure the Flint and the SE are like a spit in the eye to some people, but I don't mind. I think I still prefer SEv3 and Tiger Force Flint. Hawk's... different, at least. But I just bought a Wave 9 Hawk the other day, so the new one would probably get shipped off.

But between these two sets, is it really Hasbro's marketing decision to keep people from getting the DVD packs?! Why the hell would anybody buy a purple Snake Eyes over a black one?! Maybe I could just buy the DVD and the Mass Device part loose... They could keep the cross-eyed Quick Kick.

some are nice but they should have been done in the 1st place! wtf hasbro i am sick of seeing slight retools every other wave!

thats how the viper should have looked from the beginning, not with those f'd up arms (stupid weird wrists & extra flesh hanging off the elbows) & non shiny face plate. also the black snake eyes is 10x better than the purple one.

just another way to take 40-50 bucks out of our pockets again. i am not falling for it, in fact i might even buy them and switch them out and return the crap that they gave us the 1st time.

I actually like them all pretty much. And I will be getting both sets.

Snake Eyes is wicked. Nothing wrong with him and now in correct colors.

Lady Jay is good, not sure if I prefer the DVD one or not.

Flint is fixed! Except his head is weird now... so I will do a head swap with the old one.

Hawk seems to now have a jacket that has sleeves that match!

Snipwreck is a definite improvment as well, even if I have to switch his head too.

StormShadow is very nice. i love the bare arms this time around.

Baroness is the best one yet, now she has fixed crotch too.

CobraCommander.. well, he is the one I could do without.

Destro is... huh... how the hell did we not end up with the 24th Destro repaint in this pack?

Zartan is purple now... So he is one figure that will go with this CC into a drawer somewhere.

Viper has non-broken wrists now!!! YAY! I am really glad I only bought one of the wv7 version to keep MOC.. Now I can get this version instead. (The vac-metal face plate is interesting, but looks kinda crazy too)

anyhow.. I say good job Hasbro for fixing some things that you screwed up. Now, if you can have this foresight the first time around for the next batch of figures (instead of making us live with messed up figures for a year lol) you will have me back in your corner with this line.

Wow, we've been "Star Wars'd" y'all! @smilepunch@

I'm pleasantly surprised by these sets. My personal suspicion was that we were going to see at least straight repacks or very minor repaints in these, instead, almost 1/3 to 1/2 of these sets are new tools! These are a solid mix of cartoon additions and "fixing the fan complained figures", and while I have just about all of these in another form, pretty much all of these are new/different/improved enough I'll likely end up with both sets.

Cobra-

Cobra Commander- A cartoon homage to his staff and cape appearances using his DVD hooded figure as the base. Nothing really new, but not bad. Hopefully, the colors will jive with the Best of Battle mask version...

Baroness- Largely a retooled/new torso and I think a new head.

Zartan- A cartoon sendup (in the cartoon, his chest would glow red in sunlight), but I would have preferred a straight repaint in a more direct adaption of the cartoon colors. Nifty in the same way that Scuba baronness and radioactive Snake Eyes are.

Storm Shadow- New arms, some new paint, but nothing to major to me, but considering how uncommon finding a classic Cobra Storm Shadow has been over the past year, I'm not about to fault Hasbro for including him

Viper- New lower arms, and I swear that is a new head (the goggles don't stand out as much as on the single), and I'm always a sucker for vac-metal face plates. AND they even kept the colors in line with the previous releases of the Viper.

Joe set is a bigger hit than I expected-

Hawk- A cartoon repaint, pretty much what I was expecting

Snake Eyes- Classic colors repaint, pretty much what I expected PLUS what appears to be a backpack and the new Timber

Flint- Wow, the TF arms, new shotgun(s), backpack, new headsculpt AND classic colors. Hasbro could have chucked him on a single and everyone would have gobbled him up. I actually expected cartoon colors, so I wonder how the Hall of Heroes figure will be handled.

Lady Jaye- New torso, new arms, and a more "basic" cartoon coloration. Not sure I'd call her a better release, but she is new

Shipwreck- new head, new hand, new polly. Like Lady Jaye, not really sure he is THAT improved, but he is new.

I get the feeling that a LOT of these were single/multipack concepts Hasbro had under way and with the push for REsolute and the movie, basically rushed them out in order to make the money back on the tooling while the interest was there. Baronness, Viper, Snake Eyes, Flint, Lady Jaye and Shipwreck all feature as much new tooling as many single carded figures, so to see them PLUS some nicely done repaints for $30 is a bit of a surprise

So... we got a cartoon-accurate Lady Jaye in the same pack as a Flint that's not?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure tons of people are drooling over it (I'm a bit excited myself), but I really can't figure out the 'media' that they're trying to play to here. It's a pretty mixed bag of cartoon and comic looks.

On a similar note, they keep trying to promote figures as being from the cartoon or comic, but I can't recall CC wearing a cape with the hood, only the battle helmet... and this is what, the fourth caped/hooded CC, with no caped/helmeted version in sight? I could be wrong there, but it's really starting to bug me that Hasbro is making this effort at association, then not sticking to it.

What the heck is that Zartan all about?

But... having said all that, I don't want to sound like all I can do is complain. I do see some HUGE improvements in a lot of these figures, and will likely and get them. I mean, both CC and Shipwreck have two good hands! That alone makes me happy about it. Regardless of the mixed-media, Flint is a MASSIVE improvement, and bare-arm Storm Shadow looks sweet (still need the Ninja Force version though- c'mon Hasbro, you can do it!). Viper looks AMAZING. I love love love love LOVE the vac-metal faceplate.

I am very happy Hasbro is finally making the V2 Snake_Eyes in black. However, there are aspects with the single carded sculpt I prefer most notably the head. I hope they find away to release that version in black too but I think it is unlikely. Great sets!

Zartan- A cartoon sendup (in the cartoon, his chest would glow red in sunlight), but I would have preferred a straight repaint in a more direct adaption of the cartoon colors. Nifty in the same way that Scuba baronness and radioactive Snake Eyes are.

Actually, it glowed at different times, sometimes when he was mad... it was weird. His skin turned blue in sunlight. Definitely "interesting", but this might work for a "Zartan in disguise" custom (just remove the glowing chestplate, the rest of the figure is a keeper)

Storm Shadow- New arms, some new paint, but nothing to major to me, but considering how uncommon finding a classic Cobra Storm Shadow has been over the past year, I'm not about to fault Hasbro for including him

The arms are killer for their toy accuracy... but the gray belt/wraps aren't. Weird. Also... nunchucks!

Viper- New lower arms, and I swear that is a new head (the goggles don't stand out as much as on the single), and I'm always a sucker for vac-metal face plates. AND they even kept the colors in line with the previous releases of the Viper.

I don't know how they'd vac-metalize only the front of the helmet... so I'm calling it now! Hasbro's tooled up a new "wrap-around" helmet to fit over the new DVD Cobra Commander headsculpt. That, plus the new wrists, this could be a huge improvement over the first rendition.

Has there been a release date announced on these?

Dear God, I hope this isn't coming till early 09. With the recent release of Waves 11, 12, Comic Packs 6, DVDs Packs 3, 4 & 5, the Extreme Conditions 7-packs, Vehicle Wave 3, and the Target Ultimate $65 boxed set, I'm broke, in debt and looking forward to a wallet-castrating Christmas!

Let Wave 13 (the Blowtorch wave with Torch, Firefly, Resolute Duke, Cc, and Trooper), Vehicle Wave 6 (Sky Hawk and Mocassin) Wave 7 (Arctic HISS, Stinger, and Claw/Flak), and these boxed sets wait till next year. We need a break!