LT falcon pack no gun?

abazou

Lt Falcon does not come with a pistol. This has been covered extensively.

One simple search came up with it here and here. I'm not trying to pick on you, just point out that you could have saved yourself from starting a new thread.

On the other hand, the tentacles that come with Nemesis have always been an interesting case to me, so I'm glad you brought it up. They never seemed to have any purpose for Nemesis. The idea that Nemmy came with both backpacks originates, as far as I know, from the fact that they were both packaged behind him in the Cobra-La three-pack. As a kid, I assumed that was a mistake and they went with the Royal Guard.

I've heard several different stories about what the tentacles were intended to be and how they were meant to be used, with the most believable being that they were meant to represent one of those 'octopus'-like Cobra-La creatures; kids were supposed to attach it to the back of the 'victim' and pretend that the tentacles were 'capturing' them... the tentacles weren't bendy, which seems to defeat the purpose, but it's the most likely idea I've seen.

However, The new figure isn't really consistent with this. In the comic he comes with, Nemmy has the tentacles attached under his wings... which is impossible for the figure. Then again, the comic appears to be Hama's idea of a joke all around, so it's possible that's just another part of the gag. In the new line, with some figures not having backpack holes, the idea of the 'squid' as a 'weapon' doesn't work very well either.

The whole thing doesn't really make complete sense on any level. I think it's a case where we got something that just comes down to nostalgia value, regardless of the sense it makes now, or even the sense it made in the first place.

Dear Hasbro,

If you don't want to give them guns, then leave off the holsters! Did Lt. Falcon hock his gun to buy more drugs from Headman or what?! Well, once again his big brother bails him out with a sidearm from his private army of otherwise useless varients!

I'd like to chalk up those little green tentacles to something I call The Yoda Factor. Why did the original Yoda figure from the '80s have a pack in snake? Why was a rather ordinary snake even on on alient planet where all the other creatures were cool muppets? Not a clue... I briefly remember a snake in a tree in a scene on Deggoba, so I'm not sure why we needed one with the little Jedi master, or why it comes prominently draped over his shoulders like it had a major role in the movie. Maybe Kenner thought kids should get a little more plastic for their buck (a scary, novel thought!) or else I missed that deleted scene: "Luke... That snake in the tree, check it out! Touch it I dare you! A stick here is."

And yet, years later, the snake's back with Yoda in the celebrated Vintage line that seems to have established the pattern for our beloved 25th Anniversary collection. No longer on Yoda's shoulders, the snake returns with reasons not clear or really connected to the classic film. The tentacles are just like that IMO, a goofy idea that becomes a part of a legacy. My friend once had a Nemesis Enforcer, and he only wore his little green feelers on special occassions. When he wanted to feel extra pretty. :)

Did Lt. Falcon hock his gun to buy more drugs from Headman or what?!

LOL - Awesome reference. Goji, you're my favorite.

Now this is just me, but I was never fond of Cobra-La. I mean, I don't have an issue with the idea, it just seemed the be executed in a sort of mish-mash way. Pythona has olive skin and snake eyes... Cobra Commander was blue skinned... Golobulus was half-a-snake and had a creepy pulsing monocle... and Nemesis? Guy in a purple outfit with Guyver elbow claws and bat wings who squeals at people loudly. Ugh. They're less homogenous than Transformers, for crying out loud!

But, when it comes to the squid tentacles? I like to think he can switch between them and the wings. Or anything he wants, really. He's the ultimate warrior of a society that prides itself og bioweapon engineering.

Tom

It's not just Falcon. Vehicle drivers are cursed too.

hiss tank drivers came with guns

So did Clutch and Breaker.

Serepentor and Tele-Viper did not and I suspect that Lift-Ticket and Copperhead won't either.

I was pointing out that it seems to be "hit or miss". Some guys get stuff, some don't. And to add to that, some guys got unique gear, like Wild Card, Crank Case and Windchill. Yet others did't like Cutter, Cross Country, Ferret and Vapor.

I don't see how it can be THAT difficult to just toss in a pistol with all the drivers.