DCUC WAVE 5 in stores!

pooda

WTF? Seeing the prices for wave 5 let me crap my pants!! As if it's not expensive enough for me as a German collector (bound to eBay, international shipping costs and customs). Now it's topped with a Walmart exclusive wave, Hooorraaay!!

And since when does Mattel release a wave per month? The first three were released in 2-3 month rhythm and now with wave 4 in october and 5 in november they're trying to bankrupt me. I think i have to sell some organs to finance my action figure addiction.

Seriously, 160-180 bucks? Including shipping and customs it would cost me $250!! What's mattycollector.com for? Why don't they sell 'em there, too?

Is someone inclined to help a german guy who lives in a Third World country when it comes to "cool" action figures?

LOL, I know how you feel, back when you guys were getting the last few MOTU, I had ask to all over the place to find them. Wave 5 still have not hit my area yet, no big, I know they will someday. Its when I walk into a store and only see riddler that I will begin the big hunt. If I see any extras I'll grab a few extras for everybody.

That would be great!! Whenever there'll be any Europe or German exclusive figures (which i really doubt) you like, don't hesitate do ask me.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i had those kind of friends.

Don't we all!!! But I think I or we have made some good friends here and i know people are looking for us who can't find them and to everyone who is looking for us I thank you all #US1#

I know when i go out looking im thinking of you guys and trying to find stuff people are looking for just tryin to do my part to help out you know

I'm pretty sure we may get deluged with the figures this year. I know I'm sounding wildly optimistic, but given the tanking economy and the amount of sales around here, who knows if we may get in a situation where Wave 5 is packed on the shelves? I mean, anything is possible here. :)

I found a lone Riddler from the WM wave. It was just sitting on the shelf by the Hulk figs. I asked the toy department manager if they had received more of them and he said that one figure had just shown up one day. He thinks it was a return from another store. I have not found them at any other WM in my area.

I have only seen these figures at one location. I saw 2 Riddlers and figures behind them. Of course I got excited and then I found out there were 5 Riddlers and a Black Manta...Well at least I got some Christmas shopping done for friends. There was a Riddler left but I assure you it is not there now. This was a week or so ago. I am on the hunt for the whole series since I am a huge superman fan and want that Metallo already.

I was under the impression that since this was a Wal-Mart exclusive that it was going to be available at all of them and in massive quantities. Looks like that factory change for Mattel did not do a darn thing at all. At least I got my wave 4 in yesterday from Cornerstore but wait, my Captain Atom's LEG BROKE OFF! I swear crap like thi makes you want to stop collecting figures. Sorry, I had to blow off some steam somewhere. Oh, I am in the Memphis,TN area. So many Wal-Marts in the distribution center of the USA and no figures....makes sense right?

I found a lone Riddler from the WM wave. It was just sitting on the shelf by the Hulk figs. I asked the toy department manager if they had received more of them and he said that one figure had just shown up one day. He thinks it was a return from another store. I have not found them at any other WM in my area.

Yep, probably a scalper who could not get anyone to pay $40++ for it so he returned it , at least that's what happens around here.

Those solid glasses are killing me. I think I will just throw the f-ers out - There should be no reason why they could not have been see-through, like the DCD fig. (Or maybe I'll just use his for a transfer...) Same goes for Blue Beetle - Mattel - don't you DARE put a BB fig out without see-through goggles!

Those solid glasses are killing me. I think I will just throw the f-ers out - There should be no reason why they could not have been see-through, like the DCD fig. (Or maybe I'll just use his for a transfer...) Same goes for Blue Beetle - Mattel - don't you DARE put a BB fig out without see-through goggles!

Black lightings eyes goggles were supposed to be clear too and there not. its cheaper to do it the way there doing it i guess

Black lightings eyes goggles were supposed to be clear too and there not. its cheaper to do it the way there doing it i guess

You're right about that, but y'know, go ahead and save some more money and don't even do the things at all, if you're not gonna do 'em right. That's my view, anyway. Those DCD BL goggles were off so fast out of the pack, I don't even know if there was time to even pick up a stop watch. Then I whipped out a toothpick and some Testors baby blue (that's how I like BL) and before you could say 'Inuck chock!' (or whatever), everything is money. Or just leave the whites, looks just as good.