pooda

DCUC WAVE 5 in stores!

Interesting point P. I rarely look at a fig before I take it home. I try to remember, considering all the negs posted, but really, I have not found anything wrong with any of them. Once or twice in the past, I would get home to find out the fig I got had two left hands or feet or something, but as far as recently, I'll take what they give me. If it's a horrible (ie noticeable) bad paint job, and if I actually see it, then yeah, I might leave it for someone else, but 90% of the time, I'm just so happy to see the effer, I don't look to see if he has a spot on his nose or anything.

amiture @smilepunch@

maybe he's just that cold of a collector. i mean, we wouldnt expect you average collectors to have the gift of picking up the right fig on the 1st try. damn.....i should pat myself on the back more often! @lol@

what can i say the force is strong with me @loll@

<_<

Interesting point P. I rarely look at a fig before I take it home. I try to remember, considering all the negs posted, but really, I have not found anything wrong with any of them. Once or twice in the past, I would get home to find out the fig I got had two left hands or feet or something, but as far as recently, I'll take what they give me. If it's a horrible (ie noticeable) bad paint job, and if I actually see it, then yeah, I might leave it for someone else, but 90% of the time, I'm just so happy to see the effer, I don't look to see if he has a spot on his nose or anything.

amiture @smilepunch@

maybe he's just that cold of a collector. i mean, we wouldnt expect you average collectors to have the gift of picking up the right fig on the 1st try. damn.....i should pat myself on the back more often! @lol@

what can i say the force is strong with me @loll@

<_<

yeah that was lame, but what do ya want? comedy award winning post every time @nana@

Managed after going on an all night toy hunt through two states and probably about 25 Wal Marts I found one case of wave five and all but The Atom for the second set. So all I need is The Atom if anyone finds an extra they don't want or need.

To those that said it would be easy to find these you're out of your mind. Nearly 20 of the stores I went to aren't carrying them at all. I'm thinking based on the 50 stores I've checked out only 1 out of 10 carry them. This is probably the most difficult wave of figures I've had to locate. I've been up all night and so I'm going to bed.

I just know that I theoretically will be happy on Monday because of the 3 Walmarts I checked today, All of them had spot for this wave. I was able to find out from a couple of CSR that each store had 12 cases ordered and on the way. Although this is probably not typical, I am just glad to know that I should have this set by Thanksgiving and for that I will be thankful.

WTF? Seeing the prices for wave 5 let me crap my pants!! As if it's not expensive enough for me as a German collector (bound to eBay, international shipping costs and customs). Now it's topped with a Walmart exclusive wave, Hooorraaay!!

And since when does Mattel release a wave per month? The first three were released in 2-3 month rhythm and now with wave 4 in october and 5 in november they're trying to bankrupt me. I think i have to sell some organs to finance my action figure addiction.

Seriously, 160-180 bucks? Including shipping and customs it would cost me $250!! What's mattycollector.com for? Why don't they sell 'em there, too?

Is someone inclined to help a german guy who lives in a Third World country when it comes to "cool" action figures?

Managed after going on an all night toy hunt through two states and probably about 25 Wal Marts I found one case of wave five and all but The Atom for the second set. So all I need is The Atom if anyone finds an extra they don't want or need.

To those that said it would be easy to find these you're out of your mind. Nearly 20 of the stores I went to aren't carrying them at all. I'm thinking based on the 50 stores I've checked out only 1 out of 10 carry them. This is probably the most difficult wave of figures I've had to locate. I've been up all night and so I'm going to bed.

Damn...now that's hardcore.

I've been scoping out Wal-Marts, noting which ones would have DCUC and narrowing them down. I'd rather go to sure things than wastes of time.

WTF? Seeing the prices for wave 5 let me crap my pants!! As if it's not expensive enough for me as a German collector (bound to eBay, international shipping costs and customs). Now it's topped with a Walmart exclusive wave, Hooorraaay!!

And since when does Mattel release a wave per month? The first three were released in 2-3 month rhythm and now with wave 4 in october and 5 in november they're trying to bankrupt me. I think i have to sell some organs to finance my action figure addiction.

Seriously, 160-180 bucks? Including shipping and customs it would cost me $250!! What's mattycollector.com for? Why don't they sell 'em there, too?

Is someone inclined to help a german guy who lives in a Third World country when it comes to "cool" action figures?

LOL, I know how you feel, back when you guys were getting the last few MOTU, I had ask to all over the place to find them. Wave 5 still have not hit my area yet, no big, I know they will someday. Its when I walk into a store and only see riddler that I will begin the big hunt. If I see any extras I'll grab a few extras for everybody.

The local district manager for my area after about a week and a half finally called me today after I had called complaining about the fact that none of my Wal marts or nearby wal marts are carrying the DCU line and wave 5 in particular. He told me he spoke to both the Mattel representative to wal mart and the wal mart buyer for Mattel.

If your store doesn't carry the DCU line before now your store is unlikely to get wave five. The distribution is going to be as poor as earlier waves. According to them there simply weren't a lot ordered, in relative terms. I inquired what do you suggest if you don't have them up on the walmart website and they said all they could do is suggest looking at other walmarts or buying them off ebay. I told them how much they were going for and how most likely that it was employees snagging them and wanting to make a quick buck who were getting them. They pretty much dismissed it and said that they did all they could and hopefully next year they could get more product to more stores.

The local district manager for my area after about a week and a half finally called me today after I had called complaining about the fact that none of my Wal marts or nearby wal marts are carrying the DCU line and wave 5 in particular. He told me he spoke to both the Mattel representative to wal mart and the wal mart buyer for Mattel.

If your store doesn't carry the DCU line before now your store is unlikely to get wave five. The distribution is going to be as poor as earlier waves. According to them there simply weren't a lot ordered, in relative terms. I inquired what do you suggest if you don't have them up on the walmart website and they said all they could do is suggest looking at other walmarts or buying them off ebay. I told them how much they were going for and how most likely that it was employees snagging them and wanting to make a quick buck who were getting them. They pretty much dismissed it and said that they did all they could and hopefully next year they could get more product to more stores.

Dear Mattel,

NO MORE F*CKING WAL-MART EXCLUSIVES!!!

I just know that I theoretically will be happy on Monday because of the 3 Walmarts I checked today, All of them had spot for this wave. I was able to find out from a couple of CSR that each store had 12 cases ordered and on the way. Although this is probably not typical, I am just glad to know that I should have this set by Thanksgiving and for that I will be thankful.

actually man.. I am pretty certain that each store has TWO cases on order.

when they say "12" that means 12 pieces.... there are 6 figures per case. meaning TWO cases on order.

so Yoy better keep your eye out and jump on it.

"If your store doesn't carry the DCU line before now your store is unlikely to get wave five"

i was told pretty much the same thing by my local walmart and iv called about 30 walmarts and only one is carrying them thats even remotely near me. But there a scalper there just about every night and snags them up befor anyone else can get to them.

I hate this walmart exclusive stuff at least if it was target you would find something. Like the batpod it was a target only and guess what i found one took a week or two but i found one. I finally got ahole of the co mgr at my walmart and he said he even tried to order me a case and the computer wouldn't even let him order a case at all.

So that makes me belive its not the stores problem but mattels only wanting to send to the bigger cities and screw the smaller towns. I just don't get it i guess. Why only send to a certin few if your a mass market company. It gives me a headach.

"If your store doesn't carry the DCU line before now your store is unlikely to get wave five"

i was told pretty much the same thing by my local walmart and iv called about 30 walmarts and only one is carrying them thats even remotely near me. But there a scalper there just about every night and snags them up befor anyone else can get to them.

I hate this walmart exclusive stuff at least if it was target you would find something. Like the batpod it was a target only and guess what i found one took a week or two but i found one. I finally got ahole of the co mgr at my walmart and he said he even tried to order me a case and the computer wouldn't even let him order a case at all.

So that makes me belive its not the stores problem but mattels only wanting to send to the bigger cities and screw the smaller towns. I just don't get it i guess. Why only send to a certin few if your a mass market company. It gives me a headach.

Don't discount small cities--there were some DCU figures--not the wave five--at a small city WalMart and by the same token there were 9 big city WalMarts not carrying DCUC figures ever.

I think all that we can do is let Mattel and Wal Mart know about our complaints by contacting them at their 800 customer service numbers and while only a few complaints would probably go unnoticed--if all the collectors who frequent the various websites-fwoosh, actionfigureinsider, tni etc they might realize how many unhappy customers they have and how much money they are missing out on by not having more of these exclusive figures available. If nothing else maybe it will do some good if not for this DCU exclusive then maybe the next one coming in 2009.

I'm not sure if I buy this approach by Walmart. I know Marvel Legends weren't that much in vogue when I went hunting for the Ares wave, but both Walmarts near me got them without any issue. A LOT of them. And I can't see Mattel really going through the trouble of making an exclusive then just shipping out tiny amounts of the wave. Something isn't right here.

I keep hearing about this flood of the Ares wave. I'm not seeing it.

Out of 12 different Walmarts in the area:

0 /12 DCU

1/12 ML Ares wave

0 /12 DCU

1/12 ML Ares wave

my walmarts around my area did get the marvel line and there just sitting there we got 3 or 4 cases in i was there the night they came in. But only one walmart is carrying DCUC so i guess im like everyone else just seems like somethings going on. I guess if the DCUC had a only at walmart sticker on them we would see more. At this point i really don't know

0 /12 DCU

1/12 ML Ares wave

Where are you located? I'm in Michigan and so far I've been getting some luck with the Ares wave. I'm hopeful about the DCUC line but I'm guessing that we may get some luck.

Southwest Florida.

I've had good luck finding exclusives in the past.

I found the ML Giant Man wave in at least 2 of those Walmarts years back so maybe more time is needed for stuff to trickle down.

I'd like to have Riddler and Amazo.

The rest are in the "would be nice" category.

KB has two stores an hour away in either direction. Called both with no love.

Just looking for Unmasked BB.

0 /12 DCU

1/12 ML Ares wave

Where are you located? I'm in Michigan and so far I've been getting some luck with the Ares wave. I'm hopeful about the DCUC line but I'm guessing that we may get some luck.

Michigan here too, lincoln park area- maybe we could help each other out- i have three walmarts close buy- but the best seems to be the one in woodhaven - taylor locationn is bad for exclusives and the one in dearborn is hit or miss- anyway let me know if you guys want to start some kind of search team

0 /12 DCU

1/12 ML Ares wave

Michigan here too, lincoln park area- maybe we could help each other out- i have three walmarts close buy- but the best seems to be the one in woodhaven - taylor locationn is bad for exclusives and the one in dearborn is hit or miss- anyway let me know if you guys want to start some kind of search team

I'm game. I hit the Ypsilanti, Belleville, and Canton (Ford Rd) ones yesterday. The only thing to report is that none of them had any space set aside for DCUC stuff but Canton's Walmart and Target (Ford Rd again) had a lot of new Iron Man stuff.

I'll see if I can hit Monroe tomorow but it's out of my way since I live close to US-23. I might want to hit three of the stores in Ohio soon but I'm not sure when I'll have the time (it'll probably be Wednesday before Thanksgiving if anything

EDIT: Just checked Mapquest and I can get to Monroe much more easily than I thought. I'll see if I can go today.

EDIT 2: No go at Monroe at Telegraph. They didn't have much but did have a sign of the ML Ares Wave with a lone Scarlet Spider figure. They had some toy overflow in the automotive/electrical sections but no go there as well. On the bright side, they did have an obscene amount of Transformers Animated figures in the auto section which stuck me as funny.

A WM near me got two cases. But someone snagged the Black Lightings and Eradicators. SO I was only able to get a Riddler, Atom and Amazo. Thanks to a friend who picked them up to me. He left 3 Riddlers hanging all by themselves haha

Draven

i have no interest in the BAF for this wave. i'm fine with my DC direct metallo. but i am spending every drop of gas and time trying to find these figs. if i could just find riddler, black lightning and amazo i would be able to wait for eradicator and atom to cross my path.

I'm just wishing I find them. It's not like I can drop into a Meijer in the dead of night and pick these up. Walmarts around here aren't open 24/7 so it's a bear. Grumble!!

That said, I have turned lemons into lemonade by pre-ordering Series 6-8 through Cornerstorecomics.com. I'm sure as hell not doing this again (unless it's for an interesting variant!).

I'm just wishing I find them. It's not like I can drop into a Meijer in the dead of night and pick these up. Walmarts around here aren't open 24/7 so it's a bear. Grumble!!

That said, I have turned lemons into lemonade by pre-ordering Series 6-8 through Cornerstorecomics.com. I'm sure as hell not doing this again (unless it's for an interesting variant!).

gonna check out taylor tonight after work and woodhaven tomorrow morning b4 work- i heard rumors that DCUC wave 2 and 3 are popping up at krogers- ILYK

BTW- if you ever want to do a road trip- i'm game