DCUC WAVE 5 in stores!

pooda

I'm not a complainer but I have to say the way Mattel has handled the DC Universe distribution has been poor. They create a line everyone wants but no one can get. Meanwhile stores carry everything but the DCU figures and when they get them they only get one case and of course there is only one set which is a problem if someone beats you to them or only buys one or two leaving you with an incomplete BAF. Not to mention by only having one set to a case and only one case to a store, you can't look for a better paint job which normally wouldn't be a problem but this line has had issues with quality control. Then on top of that with variants the problem is a store only gets one case and you won't get both of the two versions of the variant figure whereas if they got in several cases odds are you could get the basic set plus the variants. But no, they get in that one case and that is it.

Now with wave 5 it is even more of a problem because with the other waves you could order online or increase the odds of finding them with other retailers. Here it is Wal Mart or ebay where I refuse to pay those scalper prices especially for the least interesting wave from the line.

no...they created a line that does the same as ML did. there were whole entire waves of MLs that some people have NEVER seen in stores! (deadpool wave)

walmart has to be up on these types of things, mattel cant send what the store doesnt want.

The point was Mattel shouldn't have agreed to create an exclusive wave for Wal Mart given their lackluster support for it and before doing so they should have gotten a guarantee that most stores would at least get one case to insure that most everyone would have an opportunity to acquire them. It is one thing if Wal Mart orders a small quantity of a wave 2, 3 or 4. Mattel knows there are other avenues for the collector to pursue in order to get them.

why would they send dcuc 5 to stores that didnt order dcuc 1, 2, 3, or 4?

First, Wal Mart stores don't order the DCUC figures. Allocation is determined by the Wal Mart merchandisers/buyers when it comes to this line. The toy manager nor the store manager have any say in the matter. I've spoken to customer service and my local managers looking into the possibility of special ordering or carrying them. It simply is not possible.

Second, Wal Mart should have ordered enough that nearly every store received a case simply because they are exclusives. Start out by sending one case to a store and see how they sell. If they fly off the shelves then send more. If they warm the pegs then don't send future waves to those stores. When a store has never carried DCUC how will they know how it will do? If my stores carried them there wouldn't be a single figure on the pegs.

Third, if WalMart doesn't want to carry them at every store they should as a courtesy hold back some wave 5 sets and place them on their website for those whose stores don't carry them.

its not matty's job to convince wally to make a decision that needs to be made by whoever orders figs for wally. i think mattel sends this stuff to where it has been selling since the dcsh days.(imo) plus cornerstore comics sells the waves at cost! this wave is a bit different, but it hasnt been 3 weeks since the 1st sighting......give it a minute.

I heard "it has only been three weeks..give it a minute" before with wave two, three and four and all these months and months later none of my five supercenters ever carried them and based on my discussions and research with various parties at Wal Mart and Wal Mart Customer service that looks to be what will occur with wave 5. They did however indicate that with the 2009 waves of DCUC they will carry them more along the lines of other popular commonplace lines but that does me little good with wave 5.

If it hadn't been for Target, TRU I wouldn't have been able to get the figures I have now. And yes there are online stores where you can buy the figures but with the quality control issues that plague this line I'm not about to plop down good money not knowing if the figures will have big hands, paint slop, two legs, missing parts etc.

With all due respect, it is easier to say we are overreacting or being impatient when you are in the fortunate position of lucking out to be located in an area where the DCUC figures are more plentiful and readily available. This isn't a matter of not being on top of things. I call every day and go look at the various stores for what I'm wanting but even the most disciplined collector among us is rendered impotent when the stores simply don't stock the product.

why? ive waited on plenty of figs.....so. i dont see how anyone can come to panic only 3 weeks into it. as far as being on top of things....if you already know that your walmart lacks in the dcuc dept., then you have to use plan b. and if you dont want to use that option because of QC reasons or what have you, then i guess complaining is the only thing left. i wish things were different, but until they are, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a complainer but I have to say the way Mattel has handled the DC Universe distribution has been poor. They create a line everyone wants but no one can get. Meanwhile stores carry everything but the DCU figures and when they get them they only get one case and of course there is only one set which is a problem if someone beats you to them or only buys one or two leaving you with an incomplete BAF. Not to mention by only having one set to a case and only one case to a store, you can't look for a better paint job which normally wouldn't be a problem but this line has had issues with quality control. Then on top of that with variants the problem is a store only gets one case and you won't get both of the two versions of the variant figure whereas if they got in several cases odds are you could get the basic set plus the variants. But no, they get in that one case and that is it.

Now with wave 5 it is even more of a problem because with the other waves you could order online or increase the odds of finding them with other retailers. Here it is Wal Mart or ebay where I refuse to pay those scalper prices especially for the least interesting wave from the line.

no...they created a line that does the same as ML did. there were whole entire waves of MLs that some people have NEVER seen in stores! (deadpool wave)

walmart has to be up on these types of things, mattel cant send what the store doesnt want.

The point was Mattel shouldn't have agreed to create an exclusive wave for Wal Mart given their lackluster support for it and before doing so they should have gotten a guarantee that most stores would at least get one case to insure that most everyone would have an opportunity to acquire them. It is one thing if Wal Mart orders a small quantity of a wave 2, 3 or 4. Mattel knows there are other avenues for the collector to pursue in order to get them.

First, Wal Mart stores don't order the DCUC figures. Allocation is determined by the Wal Mart merchandisers/buyers when it comes to this line. The toy manager nor the store manager have any say in the matter. I've spoken to customer service and my local managers looking into the possibility of special ordering or carrying them. It simply is not possible.

Second, Wal Mart should have ordered enough that nearly every store received a case simply because they are exclusives. Start out by sending one case to a store and see how they sell. If they fly off the shelves then send more. If they warm the pegs then don't send future waves to those stores. When a store has never carried DCUC how will they know how it will do? If my stores carried them there wouldn't be a single figure on the pegs.

Third, if WalMart doesn't want to carry them at every store they should as a courtesy hold back some wave 5 sets and place them on their website for those whose stores don't carry them.

its not matty's job to convince wally to make a decision that needs to be made by whoever orders figs for wally. i think mattel sends this stuff to where it has been selling since the dcsh days.(imo) plus cornerstore comics sells the waves at cost! this wave is a bit different, but it hasnt been 3 weeks since the 1st sighting......give it a minute.

I heard "it has only been three weeks..give it a minute" before with wave two, three and four and all these months and months later none of my five supercenters ever carried them and based on my discussions and research with various parties at Wal Mart and Wal Mart Customer service that looks to be what will occur with wave 5. They did however indicate that with the 2009 waves of DCUC they will carry them more along the lines of other popular commonplace lines but that does me little good with wave 5.

If it hadn't been for Target, TRU I wouldn't have been able to get the figures I have now. And yes there are online stores where you can buy the figures but with the quality control issues that plague this line I'm not about to plop down good money not knowing if the figures will have big hands, paint slop, two legs, missing parts etc.

With all due respect, it is easier to say we are overreacting or being impatient when you are in the fortunate position of lucking out to be located in an area where the DCUC figures are more plentiful and readily available. This isn't a matter of not being on top of things. I call every day and go look at the various stores for what I'm wanting but even the most disciplined collector among us is rendered impotent when the stores simply don't stock the product.

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm running into the same thing. Alot of wakmarts aren't carrying this or any other wave of the new dcuniverse because the dc superheroes didnt do that well. but thoses lines weren't as devers as what has come along but walmart has givein up on the because of that.

When the DC super heroes line was out it was batman and superman and stock sat around so they figured it was a bust thats why i think they haven't carried it since then. i maybe wrong but the more i'v thought about it it seems to make sense for us in the smaller towns anyway..

why? ive waited on plenty of figs.....so.

I don't believe I said anything about having a problem with waiting on figures. I don't have a problem with not having them right away otherwise I'd be one of those people who rush to ebay willing to pay inflated prices just to say I have them. My problem is that I could wait and wait but if the store is never going to stock them what's the point.

i dont see how anyone can come to panic only 3 weeks into it.

I wouldn't say I'm panicked. I'm just extrapolating from previous patterns when it has come to DCUC figures and retailers and in this case specifically Wal Mart. Time and again Wal Marts simply don't carry DCUC at a majority of their stores. It isn't an isolated incident where only one or two people are having trouble locating them at their stores. It isn't the case of this happening with just one wave. When you repeatedly see on multiple websites from multiple individuals over and over and over and over again the diffiulty with locating figures, then I say it is a problem and not a case, as often can happen on the internet, of excitable fans/collectors.

as far as being on top of things....if you already know that your walmart lacks in the dcuc dept., then you have to use plan b

What plan B?

You mean going to wal mart.com and ordering them? Wait they aren't sold there.

You mean calling the local store requesting they special order them? They can't.

You mean calling Mattel and complaining and then having them direct you to Wal Mart in order to let them know. Been there, done that.

You mean compiling a list of Wal Marts near your relatives/friends and calling them every day thinking their stores will carry them only to learn none of them are.

I've mentioned in this thread I needed a set but no takers thus far. I offered to pick up something they needed but no takers thus far. The last resort is ebay but I'm not about to be exploited by a bunch of greedy scalpers raking in an obscene amount of money for a set that shouldn't run anymore than 65 bucks tops. I enjoy collecting and I don't mind a little effort but Mattel and the DCUC line with wave 5 in particular they've made it an absolute chore.

why? ive waited on plenty of figs.....so.

I don't believe I said anything about having a problem with waiting on figures. I don't have a problem with not having them right away otherwise I'd be one of those people who rush to ebay willing to pay inflated prices just to say I have them. My problem is that I could wait and wait but if the store is never going to stock them what's the point.

i dont see how anyone can come to panic only 3 weeks into it.

I wouldn't say I'm panicked. I'm just extrapolating from previous patterns when it has come to DCUC figures and retailers and in this case specifically Wal Mart. Time and again Wal Marts simply don't carry DCUC at a majority of their stores. It isn't an isolated incident where only one or two people are having trouble locating them at their stores. It isn't the case of this happening with just one wave. When you repeatedly see on multiple websites from multiple individuals over and over and over and over again the diffiulty with locating figures, then I say it is a problem and not a case, as often can happen on the internet, of excitable fans/collectors.

as far as being on top of things....if you already know that your walmart lacks in the dcuc dept., then you have to use plan b

What plan B?

You mean going to wal mart.com and ordering them? Wait they aren't sold there.

You mean calling the local store requesting they special order them? They can't.

You mean calling Mattel and complaining and then having them direct you to Wal Mart in order to let them know. Been there, done that.

You mean compiling a list of Wal Marts near your relatives/friends and calling them every day thinking their stores will carry them only to learn none of them are.

I've mentioned in this thread I needed a set but no takers thus far. I offered to pick up something they needed but no takers thus far. The last resort is ebay but I'm not about to be exploited by a bunch of greedy scalpers raking in an obscene amount of money for a set that shouldn't run anymore than 65 bucks tops. I enjoy collecting and I don't mind a little effort but Mattel and the DCUC line with wave 5 in particular they've made it an absolute chore.

youre taking this waaaay too personal. 1.) plan B is ordering them from one of the many online sights that people are ordering them from like toybub or something. 2.) if you already know that your wally has had a bad dcuc track record, then you should of been trying to explore other options from the jump. before matty said that they would be selling lobo on their sight, i had looked and found a guy to grab me one months before sdcc(as i knew that i wasnt going) theyre other options, its up to you to be up on it.

3.) i wouldnt call a set of figs that has only been out for about 3 weeks a chore to find, unless you already knew that your wally wasnt a good dcuc carrier, which in that case...see #2

4.) look at the ML ares wave. people were buying these things from second hand dealers at a very fast pace, but look now, a month or so into it....theyre everywhere! same as MM joker, look at the fools that paid all of that money, only to have an abundance of them sitting on shelves fo 12.00. im not going to go on with this, i just think that at some point personal responsiblity plays a part in this collecting thing, especially when you already know your situation.

Pooda you are one of the people we are asking help from. You respond by telling us we are whiny. Since your Wal-Mart caries these they might be able to order more, have you even asked them? We are just asking you to do what we would do for you if you were in our position.

Now I have something to say to everybody else on here. LET THE LOW BIDDERS WIN ON EBAY! I have watched 5 auctions for this wave start out around $50 and end at over $150. Don't try to outbid someone else, let them win. Another set will show up for you later. Your selfishness is just forcing someone else to pay more.

plan B is ordering them from one of the many online sights that people are ordering them from like toybub or something.

If you could point me in the direction of one of the many online sights where people are ordering Wave 5

I'd appreciate it

2.)[/color] if you already know that your wally has had a bad dcuc track record, then you should of been trying to explore other options from the jump.

While they had a bad track record with the earlier non exclusive waves, I thought that with wave 5 being a wal mart exclusive that there would be more of a concerted effort to have this wave more readily available than the earlier waves.

And long before wave five showed up I had explored other options--called customer service requesting my stores carry them contacting my stores' managers to see if they could order them, contacting my family/friends in other parts of the country seeing if they would pick them up if I called the stores, checking the walmart.com website thinking they might be available there.

before matty said that they would be selling lobo on their sight, i had looked and found a guy to grab me one months before sdcc(as i knew that i wasnt going) theyre other options, its up to you to be up on it.

Well I'm late to these collecting messageboards so I don't have the contacts many of you have where one person could pick up the items for another collector. So naturally my request would be last or near the last.

Now I have something to say to everybody else on here. LET THE LOW BIDDERS WIN ON EBAY! I have watched 5 auctions for this wave start out around $50 and end at over $150. Don't try to outbid someone else, let them win. Another set will show up for you later. Your selfishness is just forcing someone else to pay more.

Your kidding, right? You really think the guys around here are out bidding you on purpose just to get the price up? Its an auction site, there is no selfishness, its who pays the most gets it.

All of you need to chill out. DCUC is hard to get, we know that. But we also know wave 5 is an exclusive. It just came out, and hasnt even hit some parts yet(like Denver, I know, ive looked). But I also know these will come. Wallies are all over the place, and there is no way at least a few in your area wont have these (the Wallies in my town, small city outside of Denver, has never carried a Walmart exclusive, and ive been here 7 years, I know this and go hunting up in Denver). Plus its an exclusive, they want the exclusives to get people into their stores. Look at the Ares wave, harder then heck to find at first, but now its doable. Is it easy, no way, but I can find them. This wave will im sure be the same way. And if its not, well life goes on. Now I will complain all night long on how hard the regular DCUC figs are to find. Its like seaching for gold on these things. My despero finally got his left arm. Add in Mattels horrible packing(leaving out Batman Beyond in a case), sometimes shady paint ops and its a pain in the butt to get this line. I just order from bigbad and call it a day. So far ive been lucky and all of my figs look great.

As for you new guys not having the contacts, just PM a few of the regulars on the boards you collect(look at the post count or date they joined). Most people are more then willing to help out fellow collectors. We all started off not knowing anyone. Worst thing that happens is they say no. No big, ask someone else.

If your walmart doesn't carry the line, and nobody here will offer to help you, then you just have to wait if you don't want to pay alot.

I mean it is kinda crazy right now to expect somebody to help you since they are still very scarce. Like I am not about to hunt like a dog to help somebody get something, but if I run across it, then I might. Right now my nearest walmart, the one I know carries it, still hasn't received any because they still have a bunch of wave 1 (I don't know why we got 3 cases of that last month).

If you don't want to pay scalper prices on ebay, just wait a while. The last wave shot to like 180 or something, now its 70 I think. Thats not too bad, when it will cost you like 65 at retail.

And for the record, I think most comic stores will order you a case from the Previews magazine (diamond comic distributors)... just ask them

Pooda you are one of the people we are asking help from. You respond by telling us we are whiny. Since your Wal-Mart caries these they might be able to order more, have you even asked them? We are just asking you to do what we would do for you if you were in our position.

im willing to help. i have told people countless times that if they send the cash, ill hook them up. take the bat pod, i asked if people wanted to send cash to get one, only one person responded, so only one person got it.(from me) send me cash, ill send you merch.

There is no such website as Toybub, thanks for the tip Pooda (sarcasm intended).

http://www.toybubz.artbub.com/

I ordered the set myself....and got a shipping notice yesterday. Who knows if i'll get it though, site still seems a bit shady.

thanx opticon. now we can tell him where to stick that sarcasim.(smart assness intended)why would you assume that i would send you off on a blank mission, by lying? (im to old for that)

hey pooda if you can really hook people up i may actually need your help i have gone to all the walmarts in my area and they have crap 2/5 carry dcuc the others have nothing. i'll probably give it a shot tuesday but if i can't find anything i would appreciate some help.

hey pooda if you can really hook people up i may actually need your help i have gone to all the walmarts in my area and they have crap 2/5 carry dcuc the others have nothing. i'll probably give it a shot tuesday but if i can't find anything i would appreciate some help.

send the cash. better yet....ill see if they have them, then send it.

Well hell its already out of stock not supriseing really guess the scalpers got to most of it befor any one else can even have a chance

It was out of stock the morning after they went up for sale....at least 17 people on the fwoosh ordered the set, and about half of those have already been shipped (theres a thread over there keeping track of it, heh).

send the cash. better yet....ill see if they have them, then send it.

well i called my walmarts and the only 2 that even carry them don't seem to know anything but then again when you work at walmart they don't pay you to care. so if you find anybody please let me know.

wow. its been a while sence I visited this thread, but it looks like everthing I said about wave 5 has come true. Walmart should be tared & feathered over their poor employee handeling of merch.

Un like other retailers, Walmart's sloppy logistics has a lot to do with why their toy isles are so poorly stocked. Their employees are EXTREAMLY LAZY! They hate their jobs & it shows in their work. Walmart's people like telling shoppers NO. They laugh & howel at shoppers being told "no we don't have it" even though they didn't even look for it.

I wanna do............... "things" to the mrechandising Vice President of Walmart................dark & terriable things to him or her. They need to know our suffering. I've got 6 cans of Crisco, 100 feet of barbed wire, & a John deer tracktor to make this happen.

Mattel I'm coming for you next!

I tried to see if my walmart could order a case for me. But the co mgr said they couldn't order them it was str8 out of the warehouse so they just have to hope they send them or hope that there store will get them in. i don't know how much of that is true but i'v called every night about 12 30am and every morning about 5 30am. so they know me by now lol i dont think the guy would lie but i dont know. and the only walmart i know carries them hasnt got in any yet ro so they say. I HATE THIS EXCLUSIVE TO WALMART HOCKEY.

At least if it was at target we would stand a chance at seeing it more. I;m so sick of those who seem to find this or any DCUC wave so easy and say give it time or they don't understand why were all so upset. But GD you spend time calling these places and going there night after night day after day it gets real old seeing none or empty pegs where there supposed to be.

Its frickin sad how i could find drugs easyer than i can find thses figures.

I;m so sick of those who seem to find this or any DCUC wave so easy and say give it time or they don't understand why were all so upset. But GD you spend time calling these places and going there night after night day after day it gets real old seeing none or empty pegs where there supposed to be.

I really dont think anybody has ever said finding any DCUC is easy(unless of course you want Green Lantern or Orion, I can find those two everywhere). But getting so worked up its ruining your fun is no answer either. Collecting is supposed to be fun, enjoy the toys you buy. I think your just working way to hard at this, calling the store twice a day, asking them to order a set, etc. Just relax, have some fun with the line. Im pretty sure most of us are behind on our DCUC. The only real way to keep up is to order online, otherwise your at the mercy of the stores.

As for the Wallie exclusive, your real only answer is to sweat it out. Whats the worst that happens, you have to order from some scalper on ebay. Such is life, do I like it, heck no, but it is what it is. I dont like that I have to scramble every year to find the SDCC exclusives, and sometimes pay double, but thats life. I dislike exclusives, their expensive and hard to come by. But when a line is popular, it gets exclusives, thats the nature of the beast.

I;m so sick of those who seem to find this or any DCUC wave so easy and say give it time or they don't understand why were all so upset. But GD you spend time calling these places and going there night after night day after day it gets real old seeing none or empty pegs where there supposed to be.

I really dont think anybody has ever said finding any DCUC is easy(unless of course you want Green Lantern or Orion, I can find those two everywhere). But getting so worked up its ruining your fun is no answer either. Collecting is supposed to be fun, enjoy the toys you buy. I think your just working way to hard at this, calling the store twice a day, asking them to order a set, etc. Just relax, have some fun with the line. Im pretty sure most of us are behind on our DCUC. The only real way to keep up is to order online, otherwise your at the mercy of the stores.

As for the Wallie exclusive, your real only answer is to sweat it out. Whats the worst that happens, you have to order from some scalper on ebay. Such is life, do I like it, heck no, but it is what it is. I dont like that I have to scramble every year to find the SDCC exclusives, and sometimes pay double, but thats life. I dislike exclusives, their expensive and hard to come by. But when a line is popular, it gets exclusives, thats the nature of the beast.

Hey i love to have some fun with it but when no store is keeping stock or even ordering it,Is hard to have fun. but i don't collect for fun i collect because im passionate about the figures i like. and after i have them thats when i can relax and have your so called fun.

And im tried of haveing to pay 20 + on ebay plus shipping which people on there are charging way to damn much on so you wind up paying 40 bucks for a figure thats not i don't want to say worth it but its not really. Like I'v said befor and i'll say it again live in a place/area where its almost impossable to find anything you want or like and you will see things differently.

I don't have a credit card to order online. and most of the online stores are back ordered anyway plus you can't see what the paint app is or see the packing which could be bent all to hell. I collect MOC so thats important to me as well. Try walking in someones elses shoes. I hate to ask for help on anything But when I do it becasue i really need it. I'v did all the calling and trips at 2 am and hoped and prayed all i can. I don't even want a set im just looking for the riddler and eradicator and the metallo C&C but its hard to have fun like you say when every walmart with in a 50 to 70 mile area don't carry it and hasn't carried it since DC Super Heroes purple carded line

Hey i love to have some fun with it but when no store is keeping stock or even ordering it,Is hard to have fun. but i don't collect for fun i collect because im passionate about the figures i like. and after i have them thats when i can relax and have your so called fun.

And im tried of haveing to pay 20 + on ebay plus shipping which people on there are charging way to damn much on so you wind up paying 40 bucks for a figure thats not i don't want to say worth it but its not really. Like I'v said befor and i'll say it again live in a place/area where its almost impossable to find anything you want or like and you will see things differently.

I don't have a credit card to order online. and most of the online stores are back ordered anyway plus you can't see what the paint app is or see the packing which could be bent all to hell. I collect MOC so thats important to me as well. Try walking in someones elses shoes. I hate to ask for help on anything But when I do it becasue i really need it. I'v did all the calling and trips at 2 am and hoped and prayed all i can. I don't even want a set im just looking for the riddler and eradicator and the metallo C&C but its hard to have fun like you say when every walmart with in a 50 to 70 mile area don't carry it and hasn't carried it since DC Super Heroes purple carded line

get a prepaid debit card. as far as bad paint apps, do you really think that a guy who scoops you a set of figs as a favor, is going to inspect them? i know..i know....everyones going to respond "i do" or "i will" but they wont.

get a prepaid debit card. as far as bad paint apps, do you really think that a guy who scoops you a set of figs as a favor, is going to inspect them? i know..i know....everyones going to respond "i do" or "i will" but they wont.

I agree, I mean come on....beggars cant be choosers. My Atom has a small black smudge on the head, but I fell lucky to have found one.