DCUC WAVE 5 in stores!

pooda

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in general discussion, probably goes here I guess, sorry first posting...

This isn't meant to be #$#@# thread, I actually count myself lucky since today I found (an bought, ouch my wallet) the entire DC Universe Classics Walmart Exclusive wave (CaC Metallo), so I'm actually pretty happy. But what makes it kind of bittersweet for me is I've been checking out Walmarts all around my area (SoCal, Orange County and IE too) for the Marvel Legends Walmart exclusive wave (BaF Ares) for about a month now since I saw them starting to show up online at eBay. I really don't want to pay the huge mark up for them but also remember how fast the Giant man series went when it first came out (was really lucky I found those at retail just be chance) Anyone in SoCal area finding these? Have they already came and gone or have they just not made it here yet? Distribution on both Hasbro and Mattel have been so wonky I never know, probably biggest pet peeve of mind with the hobby. Who knows maybe one of the Toy company people will see this post and be able to explain how the whole distribution thing works or at least past the blame to the Walmart distribution folks. Oh well, thanks.

I posted this in general discussion, probably goes here I guess, sorry first posting...

This isn't meant to be #$#@# thread, I actually count myself lucky since today I found (an bought, ouch my wallet) the entire DC Universe Classics Walmart Exclusive wave (CaC Metallo), so I'm actually pretty happy. But what makes it kind of bittersweet for me is I've been checking out Walmarts all around my area (SoCal, Orange County and IE too) for the Marvel Legends Walmart exclusive wave (BaF Ares) for about a month now since I saw them starting to show up online at eBay. I really don't want to pay the huge mark up for them but also remember how fast the Giant man series went when it first came out (was really lucky I found those at retail just be chance) Anyone in SoCal area finding these? Have they already came and gone or have they just not made it here yet? Distribution on both Hasbro and Mattel have been so wonky I never know, probably biggest pet peeve of mind with the hobby. Who knows maybe one of the Toy company people will see this post and be able to explain how the whole distribution thing works or at least past the blame to the Walmart distribution folks. Oh well, thanks.

If you let me know quickly enough I can get you a complete set of Ares wave just for retail plus actual shipping.

Ok this is really depressing. This is no lie iv called every walmart with a 100 miles of my both ways here in thomasville NC. Not one of them is carrying these figures. Except one they got a 1 case in like a week and a half ago and it was gone befor they could even get it to the pegs. WTF is all i can say.. So again im asking for help I'd like the eradicator, riddler, and metallo C&C if any one can help please let me know. and still in the box not loose and a decent paint app

holy christ!!!!!!!!!! has anyone checked ebay about $30-$45 a figure and if you want to save money and just buy the set $200!!! my god how do these people sleep at night. oh wait its on a big pile of money.

Could the people who did find a case in there area be on the lookout for more shipments? Maybee you guys could try and get your Wal-marts to order more too. All the Wal-Marts here say they can't order them since they don't carry them, maybee things would be different at your Wal-Marts. A few of us on here have asked for help getting these, we sure could use it.

Could the people who did find a case in there area be on the lookout for more shipments? Maybee you guys could try and get your Wal-marts to order more too. All the Wal-Marts here say they can't order them since they don't carry them, maybee things would be different at your Wal-Marts. A few of us on here have asked for help getting these, we sure could use it.

I'm with you bro there telling me the same thing and the only walmart kinda near me which is really 40 minets away is getting pissed at me for calling every day. I'm just looking for 3 of these eradicator and riddler and the metallo C&C. so please help us out if you can guys. At a fair price too

Is it so wrong for us to want to enjoy these figures a it seems others find them on a regular basis do. Or to even find them here or at retail

I've never seen a company give exactly what the consumer wants and fail to deliver the items. I am so sick of this line, soley on the fact that they are backed up. Mattel has given us what we want but at such a huge burden. I can't believe the asking price of these figures, its crazy and sad. Thanks a lot Mattel, should of made the freakin line an online exclusive than silly ass WalMart. From the post it seems not every Mart is even carrying the line. I went to 2 WalMarts in the past week, 1 didn't have any, the second had an entire set of Wave 1 on the shelf which they got in a little over a month ago, why f&*(^ bother!!! Mattel you SUCK, only because you can't deliver your goods!!!

I've never seen a company give exactly what the consumer wants and fail to deliver the items. I am so sick of this line, soley on the fact that they are backed up. Mattel has given us what we want but at such a huge burden. I can't believe the asking price of these figures, its crazy and sad. Thanks a lot Mattel, should of made the freakin line an online exclusive than silly ass WalMart. From the post it seems not every Mart is even carrying the line. I went to 2 WalMarts in the past week, 1 didn't have any, the second had an entire set of Wave 1 on the shelf which they got in a little over a month ago, why f&*(^ bother!!! Mattel you SUCK, only because you can't deliver your goods!!!

so....because stores decide to not carry the product, its mattel's fault? none of my walmarts carried dcuc until wave 3!

so....because stores decide to not carry the product, its mattel's fault? none of my walmarts carried dcuc until wave 3!

It kinda is mattels fault because there supposed to have people that sends out letteers of there stuff and people who make calls to these stores and solicit them in a way. i know every walmart is different and its up to the mgr of the toys to order these or any figures. but i'v been talking to alot of the and because alot of walmarts haven't carried this line in so long its forgottin about.

It would help if the people at mattel at least sent out some sort of material to remind people or refresh there memories. because most of the mgrs at these places dont give a crap about the toys like we do.and its also up to us to call the wal marts like i have been doing and talking to the mgr of the toy departments and ask for these. its not all on mattel don't get me wrong.

But it would help if they did more than just send to the big cities and hubs and made more effort to get the word out to places like small towns and get the word out about what they offer to different stores.IMO We have to call and call till the stores in a word get pissed or look more into it. iv been calling all the walmarts around i can find twice a day in the morning and at night. if figure if enough buzz is created then more stores may carry them.

same with mine in fact mine still has a few batman figures. look if you really want them and they are carring another wave of them just buy up that wave and hope the next wave they get is them.

I'm not a complainer but I have to say the way Mattel has handled the DC Universe distribution has been poor. They create a line everyone wants but no one can get. Meanwhile stores carry everything but the DCU figures and when they get them they only get one case and of course there is only one set which is a problem if someone beats you to them or only buys one or two leaving you with an incomplete BAF. Not to mention by only having one set to a case and only one case to a store, you can't look for a better paint job which normally wouldn't be a problem but this line has had issues with quality control. Then on top of that with variants the problem is a store only gets one case and you won't get both of the two versions of the variant figure whereas if they got in several cases odds are you could get the basic set plus the variants. But no, they get in that one case and that is it.

Now with wave 5 it is even more of a problem because with the other waves you could order online or increase the odds of finding them with other retailers. Here it is Wal Mart or ebay where I refuse to pay those scalper prices especially for the least interesting wave from the line.

I'm not a complainer but I have to say the way Mattel has handled the DC Universe distribution has been poor. They create a line everyone wants but no one can get. Meanwhile stores carry everything but the DCU figures and when they get them they only get one case and of course there is only one set which is a problem if someone beats you to them or only buys one or two leaving you with an incomplete BAF. Not to mention by only having one set to a case and only one case to a store, you can't look for a better paint job which normally wouldn't be a problem but this line has had issues with quality control. Then on top of that with variants the problem is a store only gets one case and you won't get both of the two versions of the variant figure whereas if they got in several cases odds are you could get the basic set plus the variants. But no, they get in that one case and that is it.

Now with wave 5 it is even more of a problem because with the other waves you could order online or increase the odds of finding them with other retailers. Here it is Wal Mart or ebay where I refuse to pay those scalper prices especially for the least interesting wave from the line.

no...they created a line that does the same as ML did. there were whole entire waves of MLs that some people have NEVER seen in stores! (deadpool wave) walmart has to be up on these types of things, mattel cant send what the store doesnt want. why would they send dcuc 5 to stores that didnt order dcuc 1, 2, 3, or 4? its not matty's job to convince wally to make a decision that needs to be made by whoever orders figs for wally. i think mattel sends this stuff to where it has been selling since the dcsh days.(imo) plus cornerstore comics sells the waves at cost! this wave is a bit different, but it hasnt been 3 weeks since the 1st sighting......give it a minute.

Give it time. Somewhere down the road, the complaints will be that old stock is still on the shelves. I don't know if I'm just in a good area, probably, but eventually I always get what I want. Right now, I don't have a job (layoff), so have not been actively out there hunting, but I still have come across at least SOME stuff. Right now, I am slowly working on wave 4. So far, I have had the best luck at my local grocery store. And with the other waves, and other toy lines, for that matter, they always show up here months after the first reports, which makes someone like me panic, (yes, another veteran of the Deadpool wave of ML fiasco) , but they always DO show up. Then it's a matter of getting rid of them so they can order the next wave.

The real problem is, there is not enough competition among the retailers. The Wally's and Targets, etc, are department stores. They are not toy stores. They have a myriad of other things to deal with. And TrU is pretty much a monopoly as far as specialized toy stores go (around here), so while the product may be out there, it's the retailers that need to stay on top of it (and, dare I say, care).

Bottom line is, be patient. Or order online. I have yet to see a wave go by without getting what I need from it, since the aforementioned ML fiasco.

no...they created a line that does the same as ML did. there were whole entire waves of MLs that some people have NEVER seen in stores! (deadpool wave)

walmart has to be up on these types of things, mattel cant send what the store doesnt want.

The point was Mattel shouldn't have agreed to create an exclusive wave for Wal Mart given their lackluster support for it and before doing so they should have gotten a guarantee that most stores would at least get one case to insure that most everyone would have an opportunity to acquire them. It is one thing if Wal Mart orders a small quantity of a wave 2, 3 or 4. Mattel knows there are other avenues for the collector to pursue in order to get them.

why would they send dcuc 5 to stores that didnt order dcuc 1, 2, 3, or 4?

First, Wal Mart stores don't order the DCUC figures. Allocation is determined by the Wal Mart merchandisers/buyers when it comes to this line. The toy manager nor the store manager have any say in the matter. I've spoken to customer service and my local managers looking into the possibility of special ordering or carrying them. It simply is not possible.

Second, Wal Mart should have ordered enough that nearly every store received a case simply because they are exclusives. Start out by sending one case to a store and see how they sell. If they fly off the shelves then send more. If they warm the pegs then don't send future waves to those stores. When a store has never carried DCUC how will they know how it will do? If my stores carried them there wouldn't be a single figure on the pegs.

Third, if WalMart doesn't want to carry them at every store they should as a courtesy hold back some wave 5 sets and place them on their website for those whose stores don't carry them.

its not matty's job to convince wally to make a decision that needs to be made by whoever orders figs for wally. i think mattel sends this stuff to where it has been selling since the dcsh days.(imo) plus cornerstore comics sells the waves at cost! this wave is a bit different, but it hasnt been 3 weeks since the 1st sighting......give it a minute.

I heard "it has only been three weeks..give it a minute" before with wave two, three and four and all these months and months later none of my five supercenters ever carried them and based on my discussions and research with various parties at Wal Mart and Wal Mart Customer service that looks to be what will occur with wave 5. They did however indicate that with the 2009 waves of DCUC they will carry them more along the lines of other popular commonplace lines but that does me little good with wave 5.

If it hadn't been for Target, TRU I wouldn't have been able to get the figures I have now. And yes there are online stores where you can buy the figures but with the quality control issues that plague this line I'm not about to plop down good money not knowing if the figures will have big hands, paint slop, two legs, missing parts etc.

With all due respect, it is easier to say we are overreacting or being impatient when you are in the fortunate position of lucking out to be located in an area where the DCUC figures are more plentiful and readily available. This isn't a matter of not being on top of things. I call every day and go look at the various stores for what I'm wanting but even the most disciplined collector among us is rendered impotent when the stores simply don't stock the product.