DCUC WAVE 5 in stores!

pooda

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallo is a nice figure but I always thought that was a pretty goofy looking, overdone design.

I'd very much prefer the Terminator-inspired Metallo John Byrne had designed ...or better yet! The orange and green 70's Metallo!

Overall, these figures look very nice ...even the Clark Kent-bodied Riddler.

Unfortunately, I think these pics are as close to these figures as I'll probably ever get.

Metallo is a nice figure but I always thought that was a pretty goofy looking, overdone design.

I'd very much prefer the Terminator-inspired Metallo John Byrne had designed ...or better yet! The orange and green 70's Metallo!

Overall, these figures look very nice ...even the Clark Kent-bodied Riddler.

Unfortunately, I think these pics are as close to these figures as I'll probably ever get.

While I agree that a more John Corben Metallo figure would be cool, I really like this Ed McGuinness style design.

See, Obama gets elected and wave 5 gets released LMAO! But realy thats whats up pooda. I should bust your chops about distroying all that MOC goodness LOL. Kiddding. play with it and i'll be expecting totaly cool pics from you very soon. @smilepunch@

misbers don't care cause it just makes the misb stuff all the rarer

Thanks pooda,founf 4 sets at Walmart.

Wait a minute...! Aren't you the guy who dropped 250 for the Eradicator on eBay?

Now you come across FOUR of them at Wal-Mart for what? Twelve bucks?

Hmmm... Shouldn't you be running a hose from your car's exhaust right about now?

WOW

What did I say?

What if you come across them?....

Now if you spent that $250 on that figure you must be flipping

Awesome pics, thanks. Time to gas up the car for a walmarts-across-America tour in search of this set. I was trying to remember if there were any announced variants in this wave? I hope not because I was wanting to keep the tour within 30 to 35 statesin order to find a complete set.

Awesome pics, thanks. Time to gas up the car for a walmarts-across-America tour in search of this set. I was trying to remember if there were any announced variants in this wave? I hope not because I was wanting to keep the tour within 30 to 35 statesin order to find a complete set.

No variants that I know of. I went to 4 different wally worlds yesterday but nothing here in NC so far. I talked to dhoonib too he said he went to about 4 or 5 and nodda. All i reaaly want is eradicator and metallo but you have to get the whole set to get the BAF metallo. But i sure hope we get them here in NC

No variants that I know of. I went to 4 different wally worlds yesterday but nothing here in NC so far. I talked to dhoonib too he said he went to about 4 or 5 and nodda. All i reaaly want is eradicator and metallo but you have to get the whole set to get the BAF metallo. But i sure hope we get them here in NC

I will keep an eye out here in the Triangle, and shout out if I find any.

I will keep an eye out here in the Triangle, and shout out if I find any.

That would be great thanks...

I rarely see series one on the shelves anymore.

Series 2 was a flash in the pan and I am hoping that they re-release it. I would love to get a Jason Rusch Firestorm.

Series 3 was an absolute #$#@# to find and complete. I completed it and even found the chase figures before finding the standard figs. Solomon Grundy just got assembled this week.

Series 4 I got lucky and found one day when walking into a store. After finding them that first day, I never saw them again. I really can't complain ... I know some have yet to come across them at all. I would still like to find Artemis.

Series 5 has hit and it is a Wal Mart Exclusive? So many scalpers work in the toy departments at the Wally Worlds in this city. These are going to be an absolute #$#@# to find.

I do remember dealing with the Walmart exclusive series for the Marvel Legends. That was an awful mess. Once Marvel Legends started doing that ... I quit collecting them. They also had problems shipping their product. This discouraged so many people that I knew and noone wanted to collect as a result.

Series 6 is projected to start shipping at the beginning of December and with so many waves hitting, how long before other collectors start to truly get pissed? How many people are falling behind with their collections?

My brother and myself will be out scouring stores over the next few months. I have been looking for figs for people already and have yet to find anything. I will keep my eye out.

I will share this little piece of hope. Back in 2002 or 2003, Mattel shipped an over abundance of Masters of the Universe figs to Wal Mart stores. Several series of figs ended up on their end caps. I would encourage you to be on the look out over the next few weeks. They might repeat the pattern. This would explain why so many other stores aren't receiving the product in mass. Perhaps wal mart has been requesting a lot of it.

For those of you who have found the figs, what type of walmart was it? Was it a super center that is open 24 hours a day or was it a standard store that doesn't operate 24 hours a day.

So far, I think the DCUC figs have only found shelf space at the super centers.

Well, I just finished my starbucks and the 3 shots of espresso have kicked in.

Time to hunt ... wish me luck and I will be keeping an eye out .

IMO..eradicator is the worst fig in this wave. his cape is hard plastic.

Great find Pooda!!! I'm hoping to only find Amazo from this series, for some reason I really like the design since he was one of the few DC villains I knew about growing up!! Seriously, I got this mini comic in a box of cereal and I had to find out who he was!! And of course loved him in the JLU arc!! He was kicking all sorts of butt!!!

And if I find em, I'll probably get Riddler, if only to add to my Batman Universe I got going!! But the rest, meh!!