Review of G.I. Joe Modern Era Best Of Episodes

RedKat

Thanks to Hiss Tank member BHiga6181 for posting up his in-hand Images of DVD Battle Pack #5 Best Of Episodes The G.I. Joe figures included: Screaming Duke (Yo Joe!), Vac Metal Face Plate Cobra Commander with C.L.A.W., Alpine and Cobra Trooper.

DVD - Best Of Episodes:

Skeletons In The Closet

The Viper Is Coming

My Favorite Things

The Phantom Brigade

G.I. Joe The Movie Opening Sequence

M.A.S.S. Device Beam Emitter

alpine.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

Alpine looks really nice.

I wish BBTS would put up a preorder for this set by itself...right now they only have it listed in a set with 3 of the other DVD packs that have already been released. :(

Hasbro,

re: the f@#$ing screaming head

WHY?! We already had a good Jet Pack Duke, you could of just stuck the new arms on the Wave 1 CP Duke and painted the lapels red. Or just made a kit with two red labels and a couple of arms in a little zip lock bag and made it a mail-away. I understand that new tooling is expensive so-- Why?! Why?!

Hasbro,

This is a common misconception! He's not screaming - he's singing. To a Sevendust song, or something. I think it plays when you press a button on the television camera. : /

Sevendust got my hands in devil horns bangin my head lol.....

i cant imagine to be like you the pain and the suffering you put me through........

YO JOEEEEEEE #US1#

Hasbro,

This is a common misconception! He's not screaming - he's singing. To a Sevendust song, or something. I think it plays when you press a button on the television camera. : /

i cant imagine to be like you the pain and the suffering you put me through........

YO JOEEEEEEE #US1#

@hmmm@ Looks more like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody to me...

Hasbro,

YO JOEEEEEEE #US1#

@hmmm@ Looks more like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody to me...

I was sold on getting all the DVD Packs anyways, Duke or no Duke, but maybe I'll swing by Daiso and buy some mini food collectables like a tiny Pizza for him to scarf. He looks like one of those rubbery faced talking Dukes from awhile back-- only broken. :(

i like everything except for duke's head. i will just switch it since the body has the corrected arms.

cobra commander looks great. the helmet has a much better connection to the toon. its more oval i think?

i was originally buying this pack for alpine & the mass piece but the camera acc., cobra commander, & the troper make it worth while.

I didn't like this set at first but I'm starting to warm up to it. Alpine is great. I like the new head on the trooper and I'd like to see an officer with it. CC is cool but is there a reason they waited this long to "get him right"? I heard rumors of the vac metal face plate a loooong time ago. They aren't just trying to sell us more CC's are they ( @hmmm@ hmmm...)? Anyway, I still don't like "kicked in the nuts" Duke. The face is just weird and the colors do nothing for me.

DSC02041.jpg

I'VE GOT IT!! I know why Duke's face make's me so uncomfortable-- it's not just that he looks like he's yelling. Duke's a squad leader, he's supposed to yell a lot in battle. But the mouth is too exaggerated, as if he's dislocated his jaw like a reptile in order to better swallow a very large rodent! :blink: So either the Joe team has been infiltrated by the Visitors (who were like Skulls who dressed like Michael Jackson) or else some more of those darn mutation spores got out. Onccce... Wasssss... a Joooooe!