DCUC wave 8

dcuniverse

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Mattycollector.com store is a real waste of time. They offer five products from across THREE lines including that Cars line. Three of those are sold out. Two are coming soon.

I never thought id say this but you are exactly right neutron matty.com is a waste of time. I'v checked it for months and months and see the same ol same

GIGANTA???? OMMFG why don't they make a regular size giganta to go with the set it the figures look great but i will probably only get dr fate and maybe hawkgirl.

Wouldn't a regular-sized Giagnta defeat the idea of a character named 'Giganta'?

Blah Blah Blah im not sayin put the big 7 in the first wave. and im not sayin this line is bad. All im sayin is there are more deserving heroes that could have been involved. Like apachie cheif, or wonder twins, cyborg superman sinestro corps, plasticman, wondergirl, mon-el, and so on.

So you like the SuperFriends, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, and Legion. That's great, and I have no doubts that Mattel will get around to them (well, probably not SuperFriends...). But this line is meant to encompass more than a handful of DC's comic books, and I don't see why fans of JSA should be denied their love. People who like these characters could likely come up with their own list of characters that are 'more deserving' than your own most wanted list... and again, Mattel will likely get around to all of them.

The reason i say there more deserving is because some of them in this line have been made by dc direct so at least they have seen the light of day. It just seems some really great heroes are over looked.

But a lot of the ones you want have also been made by DCD. And DCUC isn't meant to be an 'add-on' to DCD, but it's own line. What DCD has or hasn't done shouldn't matter. Heck, the entire line would be nothing but Z-listers if that was a consideration.

Even going with the 'already in DCD' angle, it's worth noting that outside of the JLU line, this is the VERY FIRST time that Gentleman Ghost, Vigilante, and Commander Steel have been cast in plastic. Even the people who collect DCD haven't had a chance to get these guys.

If you don't like this wave, just sit back, save your money, and wait for the next one. Maybe you'll like more of that one. I seriously doubt Mattel is going to pull the plug on this line if Commander Steel undersells. :)

Dont get me wrong im not all about super friends but i just think there are some really great maybe not iconic characters but some really great ones that either get over looked or whatever.

Im not sayin this is a bad wave just a wave full of heroes iv never seen. But i love hawkgirl and dr fate. Hell i even kinda like the ghost dude. The parademon green and yellow reminds me of the he man guy

Most of all though i just want to be able to find them pics on the net are kool n all but i need to see it in my hands to really say yes or no to any of them

Ok, I'm a casual reader of DC. I know all the big guys and I know, for the most part, who all of the figures released so far are and a little bit about them. For this line, I only really know about Hawkgirl, Dr Fate, and Mr Terrific. I don't know anything about the others, but they all look great. If I saw them in the store, I would probably get them all, but if I never see them, I'll probably just order a Dr Fate and Hawkgirl (I've always thought Mr T was kind of lame)

i know some may find this line awsome but to me IMO its another obscur wave of no bodies. Other than hawk girl and dr fate. Im sure there are fans of these figures but come on really. im sure there were more deserving superheroes out there in the dc line that should come befor most of these.

You obviously don't read DC Comics. Mr. Terrific and Commander Steel are key JSA members and Giganta one of the top "hired thug" type villains. And any time a Jack Kirby Fourth World character shows up it's awesome. Gentleman Ghost is something completely different and unexpected (and welcome) and Vigilante... you got me on that one.

That Mattycollector.com store is a real waste of time. They offer five products from across THREE lines including that Cars line. Three of those are sold out. Two are coming soon.

I never thought id say this but you are exactly right neutron matty.com is a waste of time. I'v checked it for months and months and see the same ol same

Yeah you probably shouldn't open a website store unless it's actually ready to go and you have things to sell.

best part about matty.com is he-man has a date but not starfire and adam strange that is tba what a joke they haven't said anything was wrong but those figs aren't for sale just watch he-man will be for sale 12-1-08 but not starfire and strange.

i know some may find this line awsome but to me IMO its another obscur wave of no bodies. Other than hawk girl and dr fate. Im sure there are fans of these figures but come on really. im sure there were more deserving superheroes out there in the dc line that should come befor most of these.

You obviously don't read DC Comics. Mr. Terrific and Commander Steel are key JSA members and Giganta one of the top "hired thug" type villains. And any time a Jack Kirby Fourth World character shows up it's awesome. Gentleman Ghost is something completely different and unexpected (and welcome) and Vigilante... you got me on that one.

I like the line, and I don´t read too much comics, so I don´t know too much about guys like Vigilante or Commander Steel, but they look cool. The parademons are great. For their costumes, I assume they´re from Apokolips.

10" Giganta looks nice, but shouldn`t she be taller? Not complaining, just suggesting. :)

OK, 1st off, to all you "I want Apache Chief & wonder twins" fans, get this straight, the Mattel DCUC line is 99% dedicated to giving us comic acurate versions of characters in the DCU with an occasional fig based on the WB owned cartoons such as Batman the animated series & Batman beyond. So kiss your Apache chief/wonder twins goodbye, they will not be made in the DCUC line!

They are true comic fans themselves & are commited to giving us collectors not only the popular A-listers, but B & C & with Killer Moth in wave 7, even D-listers!

If all some of you want is the popular A-listers like SuperwonderBats, DCDDirect is your line!

Another sign that Mattel isn't DCDirect, this wave includes "ZERO" Superbats related characters whatsover!

DCD doesn't have the gonads to release a wave that doesn't include a Superbat related character!

2nd, It's total BS that most of the figs in wave 8 have been done before! DCDirect has NEVER in it's 10 yrs of existance, done a figure of Gentleman Ghost, Adrain Chase "aka" Vigilante, Giganta, Parademons, either version nor Commander/Citizen Steel!

And the Hawkgirl & Dr Fates that they have done, are blown away by the 4HM DCUC versions!

If you don't know about certain characters, I suggest you visit this site for all the DCU info you will ever need: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DC_Comics_characters

IMO, this line is the greatest 6 inch scale superhero line ever created! And the scary thing is , it's only entering it's 2nd yr of a 5yr contract! Yes, the biggest strike against it is the inability for some of us seeing these in the stores due to inconsitent distribution, but this isn't the 80's, There are tons of online stores that sell the entire wave & you can pre-order it. So the " I can't find these in stores " excuse, doesn't fly so well.

Plus, with the price of gas nowadays, why do you wanna waste $$ on gas driving all over town looking for these when you can order them online & they get mailed to your front door?

Another grandslam by the 4HM & Mattel!

I'm only a casual DC fan, so I'm not familiar with half these characters. I'm very impressed with Mattel that they're releasing such "obscure" characters. I'm totally going to get them since I'm a completist (with the exception of variants). But I am not impressed with the distribution. Not. At. All.

Wasn't the Manitou Raven guy in the JLA:Obsidian Age storyline supposed to be Apache Chief?

Also, don't forget that beginning with the Atom Smasher series 7 (which includes Flash, Barda, etc.) Mattel will begin shipping the wacky case-packs to retailers, with half of one series and half of another series, along with "All-Star" rereleases of the heavey-hitter Bats/Supes/Wondy/GL/Firestorm characters - which include bases instead of C&C parts (this is being done at the behest of Mattel's "retail partners" in order to "keep a fresh variety of product on the shelves" and increase foot traffic in the toy aisle.) That's all code for "If I thought it was hard to complete a C&C now, wait till 2009!" Keeping in mind the shelf-constancy that the "retail partners" want to establish for the "All Star" type characters, there's really no need to continue to include odd variations of the big 7 in the C&C series' just to keep them on the shelves - these are the ones that WalMart/Target/Mattel are counting on selling to soccer-moms, grandparents, and kiddies with an extra $12(?) So, it's not really a surprise that there's no Supes/Bats in wave 8, since they're going to be in the cases in 2009 anyway ;)

The reason Gentleman Ghost is included in this wave (most likely) is because he's a JSA villain (and even more specifically a Hawkman/Hawkwoman villain) and this wave is heavily JSA-themed.

Kind of would have preferred a Mordru or Vandal Savage myself, but Gentleman Ghost's inclusion doesn't seem that far "off" from that angle.

Welcome back, homey! Where you been hiding?

Wasn't the Manitou Raven guy in the JLA:Obsidian Age storyline supposed to be Apache Chief?

Also, don't forget that beginning with the Atom Smasher series 7 (which includes Flash, Barda, etc.) Mattel will begin shipping the wacky case-packs to retailers, with half of one series and half of another series, along with "All-Star" rereleases of the heavey-hitter Bats/Supes/Wondy/GL/Firestorm characters - which include bases instead of C&C parts (this is being done at the behest of Mattel's "retail partners" in order to "keep a fresh variety of product on the shelves" and increase foot traffic in the toy aisle.) That's all code for "If I thought it was hard to complete a C&C now, wait till 2009!" Keeping in mind the shelf-constancy that the "retail partners" want to establish for the "All Star" type characters, there's really no need to continue to include odd variations of the big 7 in the C&C series' just to keep them on the shelves - these are the ones that WalMart/Target/Mattel are counting on selling to soccer-moms, grandparents, and kiddies with an extra $12(?) So, it's not really a surprise that there's no Supes/Bats in wave 8, since they're going to be in the cases in 2009 anyway ;)

Makes sense. I didn't really collect the Ninja Turtles line based on the newer cartoon, but I remember always being able to find the four original turtles amidst newer waves and I thought that was nice for kids wanting to buy their turtles.

I hope it's the grey and black Batman from DC Superheroes that's included with this wave.

Manitou Raven is just 1 of the characters who have been a form of Apache Chief over the years. Several people have popped up with a likeness or some small trait of the Chief.

IMO, this line is the greatest 6 inch scale superhero line ever created! And the scary thing is , it's only entering it's 2nd yr of a 5yr contract! Yes, the biggest strike against it is the inability for some of us seeing these in the stores due to inconsitent distribution, but this isn't the 80's, There are tons of online stores that sell the entire wave & you can pre-order it. So the " I can't find these in stores " excuse, doesn't fly so well.

Plus, with the price of gas nowadays, why do you wanna waste $$ on gas driving all over town looking for these when you can order them online & they get mailed to your front door?

Another grandslam by the 4HM & Mattel!

Maybe so, but som of us don't like the easy way out by ordering online. I still love the thrill of the hunt and then trading with others to help eachother out. You did make some great points about the overall line.

k this is yet another awesome wave but how about they stop pimping these things out and deal with there shipping problems first I've still yet to see anything past wave 1 here my self & I know you guys in the @usa@ are not really having a ball finding these things :S

I've said that from the get go :S Nice to see other people are starting to catch on! They really should sell the regular waves by the set there too if anything :S