Holy Crap!

gojira77

Did somebody at Hasbro start listening to the fans? Ok, maybe it's a little late, but check out the recent official pics of the Wave 12 Trooper from Cool Toy Review. The Canadian variant isn't too unusual, but check out the black mask on the American version:

GIJOE09CNDcobra.jpg

GIJOE09cobra.jpg

The first pics of Ninja Viper were white like a Stormshadow-- could this be another revision? Could we finally be getting the first Cobra Battle Pack Trooper single on card?

Dear God, I hope this is a running change, and not the entire US production run...

I just ordered 12 of those Troopers on the qualified assumption that they were *different* from the 12 Boxed Set Troopers I already have!

I really can't afford that purchase, *and* another 12 from Canada if that's where the red mask variant winds up.

I'm gonna go pray. As long as my order is the red mask versions, I hope the running change allows everyone else to get those highly elusive original Troopers.

Oh man!

Could we finally get something you Americans are not getting? SWEET!!!

Hhmmm....What should I demand from you guys in return for this SUPA-RAREZ VARYANT!!@@##!!

It definitely sucks if it does end up coming out this way, but from what we hear and see in Canada, Hasbro Canada usually gets figures on Cdn. cards as an extra production run on the US production.

So the trooper will probably come out the same way as the Cdn. carded version.

I have been able to confirm through my Hasbro Canada contacts (and them through their contacts in the US) that both the US and Canada will be shipping the red mask version. The black mask one was apparently some sort of mistake during the mock up for the card pics.

I have been able to confirm through my Hasbro Canada contacts (and them through their contacts in the US) that both the US and Canada will be shipping the red mask version. The black mask one was apparently some sort of mistake during the mock up for the card pics.

Sounds plausible-- but I'd rather wait for more pics or an official statement from Hasbro USA. I posted these perplexing pics to see if you guys had heard anything yet about them. Seems a little strange that the card would say "from the comic" when the figure clearly wasn't-- at least color-wise.