Is there a list as to what vehicle molds Hasbro has???

Lady Jaye

Obvioiusly we know what molds they have from the constant re-issues of it, ie the SHARC. But what about a complete list, has anyone compiled that??? I would like to know if they have the HAVOC or Terror Drome mold still?? I know they have the MCC, which I should have picked up again!! But what about the rest of the Ships??

Obvioiusly we know what molds they have from the constant re-issues of it, ie the SHARC. But what about a complete list, has anyone compiled that??? I would like to know if they have the HAVOC or Terror Drome mold still?? I know they have the MCC, which I should have picked up again!! But what about the rest of the Ships??

The person who WOULD have known had the trip to China cancelled. He was going to go with a Hasbro employee and go through all of their molds so they could have a complete and accurate list. I think you would get a better response on the GIJCC boards or not though. Since he is part of the GIJCC. :) (I don't know if he'd give any information, but he reads those boards. Not sure if he reads these.)

-Kevin

There is still one who can tell, but he stays in the shadows for a reason.

Hasbro has 90% of the Joe Library molds. However most of them are missing at least i part.

The workers at the factory broke a ton as a demostration of thier anger over the changing of Hasbro's main plants. So every vehicle made up to 96 is missing pieces. hence why so many vintage molds have new tooling.. its because they needed to.

and to be specific, the TD is missing major parts, along with most of the large vehicles had the larger sections broken = more money to remake.

doesn't matter though as it costs more to backwards engineer a mold then build an entire new one.

You know, my favorite and by far most played with vehicle as a kid was the W.H.A.L.E. I know it's alot to ask, but an updated extra-detailed version of this classic would be incredible. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to get a tomahawk either. I'd be far less enthused about the havok as I've always considered it a "goofball" vehicle. If the terrordrome isn't doable (I hope it is) I would be jazzed on the battle platform. Remember they did re-release the mobile command center a couple of years ago, so, maybe a large vehicle/playset is possible. It can't hurt to ask(demand).

You know, my favorite and by far most played with vehicle as a kid was the W.H.A.L.E. I know it's alot to ask, but an updated extra-detailed version of this classic would be incredible. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to get a tomahawk either. I'd be far less enthused about the havok as I've always considered it a "goofball" vehicle. If the terrordrome isn't doable (I hope it is) I would be jazzed on the battle platform. Remember they did re-release the mobile command center a couple of years ago, so, maybe a large vehicle/playset is possible. It can't hurt to ask(demand).

The TTBP and WHALE are still around, its been rumored A WHALE was in the works for awhile.

TTBP was supposed to be part of the Battle Rangers line in 96' with a Artic Camo before the line was cancelled.

I have had a theory going that the convention Mauler was haulted so that it would be in the 25th line at some point. I also could see getting a Hydrofoil store exclusive. I am also guessing that the Stun and Snowcat will make it as part of the vehicle waves at some point. I would also like a Silver Mirage/Ferret 2 pack at some point. I beileve all that I have listed should have complete molds.

On a side note, I think Hasbrotoyshop.com should have some exclusive vehicles. I think that would go over nicely for them.

I have had a theory going that the convention Mauler was haulted so that it would be in the 25th line at some point. I also could see getting a Hydrofoil store exclusive. I am also guessing that the Stun and Snowcat will make it as part of the vehicle waves at some point. I would also like a Silver Mirage/Ferret 2 pack at some point. I beileve all that I have listed should have complete molds.

The molds may be complete, but keep in mind that ANY release for the 25th would require retooling, not just for footpegs, but some may have to be reworked for modern safety laws. Plus, some of the vehicles may not even work with the 25th. Already, we've seen Hasbro remake the Sky Hawk, Water Mocassin and Claw COMPLETELY because the original vehicles themselves simply did not work with the 25th size and body style.

The reason the Mauler got canned was because it would have cost MC too much to replace the broken tooling that was discovered AFTER already spending new tooling on the thing.

On a side note, I think Hasbrotoyshop.com should have some exclusive vehicles. I think that would go over nicely for them.

I'm not so sure, yeah, fans would like it, but NONE of the Hasbro Toy Shop exclusives appear to have done well at all. They simply don't do enough business to warrant even a cheapy repaint like the special team vehicles.