G.I.Joe Night H.A.W.K. & Sting Raider Hi-Res Loose & Boxed Images

The Wire

"Sting Raider"?

I get that for whatever reason, they couldn't get 'Water Moccasin'.

But... 'Sting Raider'?

Ah well. It's an easy buy for me, as the WM was one of my faves as a kid, and Python Patrol Copperhead has a great deal of nostalgia.

I love them both. Had the Water Moccasin as a kid and always wanted the Sky Hawk (I never had a single Joe aircraft and always thought this would be a cheap way of getting some air power.)

Have you guys noticed the pricing on these new vehicles. Back in the day when I was a wee cub the WM sold for around $10.00 and came with Copper Head. The Sky Hawk sold for around $6.00 without a figure. Now they are both the same price at $15.99 with a figure. It would seem to me that the Sky Hawk is a money maker for Hasbro.

I love the Hawk. I am looking at picking up 5 of them. I loved the original Sky Hawk and always wanted a small air fleet of these guys, now I can have it. The Sting Raider I will pass on, I never really cared that much for it.

I love them both. Had the Water Moccasin as a kid and always wanted the Sky Hawk (I never had a single Joe aircraft and always thought this would be a cheap way of getting some air power.)

Have you guys noticed the pricing on these new vehicles. Back in the day when I was a wee cub the WM sold for around $10.00 and came with Copper Head. The Sky Hawk sold for around $6.00 without a figure. Now they are both the same price at $15.99 with a figure. It would seem to me that the Sky Hawk is a money maker for Hasbro.

The price shift is more due to the price increase of manufacturing. Hasbro may be making a little more profit but I don't think it is that much more. I do remember buying a Sky Hawk for around $7.95 at Hill's Department Store when it was released, wow that was a long time ago.

Awesome!! I am looking forward to acquiring these. I just bought the Fang and Claw set. But what about the Wave 10 figures (Duke, Croc Master, Mutt, Cobra Bazooka Trooper, Para Viper)? I can't find those yet. Have any of you find these figures? What's the holdup? I'm seeing more and more new vehicles and comic packs but no new single cards? Any of you have the same problem? @grumpy@

Maybe they're charging more since they have to put the vehicles together. You remember back in the days, you buy the machines and you have to put them all together and place stickers. Hasbro is saving us that trouble, but charging us for it. Ha ha!! But I like the new package, since I don't like taking it out of the package unlike the joe collectors out there. I keep mine in package and display them on the wall in their glory. Taking out of the package would only devalue them and also allow them to be vulnerable to dust/cobwebs.

Maybe they're charging more since they have to put the vehicles together. You remember back in the days, you buy the machines and you have to put them all together and place stickers. Hasbro is saving us that trouble, but charging us for it. Ha ha!! But I like the new package, since I don't like taking it out of the package unlike the joe collectors out there. I keep mine in package and display them on the wall in their glory. Taking out of the package would only devalue them and also allow them to be vulnerable to dust/cobwebs.

I just a soon put them together. That was half the fun as a kid. I would take them apart over and over and try and come up with some cool custom or pretend that they were fixing a damaged vehicle. I love the fact that I have to put stickers on now. The only problem is I get mine about perfect, but the few that Hasbro does put on are crooked.

After taking a closer look at the Lift Ticket figure, his face looks nothing like the Target Conquest version, and what's with the grin? I'd rather have the mustache back over that weird grin. COBRAAAA!!! @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@

After taking a closer look at the Lift Ticket figure, his face looks nothing like the Target Conquest version, and what's with the grin? I'd rather have the mustache back over that weird grin. COBRAAAA!!! @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@

Huh?! :huh: Lift-Ticket is a different character. Slipstream comes with the Conquest.

PP Copperhead is much better with a yellow Cobra sigil than the red one they had before.

The new Python Patrol Copperhead looks A-MA-ZING-- both faithful to the original yet not nearly as ridiculous!! If Hasbro can do this to ALL of the later RAH figures, than they must give us the entire line-up of '91-'92, with special attention to Air Gen. Hawk, Mercer, Snake-Eyes, Gold CC, Flak-Viper, and Red-n-tan Duke. This I Command!

Yeah,

I was blown away by the new pic of the PP Copperhead.Looks much much better then the one shown at Comic Con or was it the GI Joe Con,I can't remember.I was going to throw away or give away the Copperhead that came with this vehicle but I may not.I am very excited about the Sting Raider(to much copyright stuff now adays).

The price shift is more due to the price increase of manufacturing. Hasbro may be making a little more profit but I don't think it is that much more. I do remember buying a Sky Hawk for around $7.95 at Hill's Department Store when it was released, wow that was a long time ago.

Hill's Department Store!?! Boy, do I miss that place! I got some great toys there over the years!

Huh?! :huh: Lift-Ticket is a different character. Slipstream comes with the Conquest.

PP Copperhead is much better with a yellow Cobra sigil than the red one they had before.

Holy Sh..!! Why didn't I catch that name? Had a brain fart there. But still, that grin gotta go. The looks on the face screams "Zartan" in disguise. LOL!!! COBRAAA!!!! #US1# #US1# #US1#

I can't wait for this package. I'm more excited about this particular vehicle the Sky Hawk than any other. I Plan on buying at least two of them. Maybe I can use the extra Lift Ticket in customs.

Hey guys maybe you can help me,

I know there are a ton of places for us to buy figures both brick and mortar and online and E-bay.

But it seems to me there is one niche that no one has fully explored and that is the Customizing community. Do you guys think that the community is big enough to support its own online store?

What I mean is this would be a store that would solely be geared towards all things we need for Custom Figures, basic loose parts, heads, bodies etc, casting resins and mold makers, sculpting tools and clays, paints, brushes, etc.

I'd highly appreciate your input.

Sincerely,

Zartanman

I know there are a ton of places for us to buy figures both brick and mortar and online and E-bay. But it seems to me there is one niche that no one has fully explored and that is the Customizing community. Do you guys think that the community is big enough to support its own online store?

There have been, over the years, many short-lived stores that specialized in customizing... not "materials", per se, but definitely in custom cast parts and replacement parts... most recently goodtogocustoms.com, which I believe got hit with a cease and desist that's left them as little more than a customizer's forum.

Materials, like brushes and paints, *should* be offered by any decent on-line joe store (surprised smalljoes never delved into this), but casting materials... that's *really* niche, IMO. I remember when that stuff first caught on, ten years ago, and the casts all sucked... air bubbles, basic colors... it's taken the communiy years to perfect the process, so I personally know I'd never pull off in my house what they can. I'll just go to marauderjoe.com, and leave it at that.

That's just my take, of course.

Cool, I already got copperhead for the Moccasin . This version of Copperhead might be better suited for some kind of custom. I like that black chest and arms just pop on another head...