did every one see this,

RedKat

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!

After I've finished making my message board rounds (TNI, Johio.net NOT ORG, JBL and GIJCC) I'll make sure to mention this where Hasbro will see it easier.

I've stopped going to Hisstank unless a friend links me to it due to the "community" and their "knee-jerk" (a term used quite regularly in related threads) responses to Hasbro's product. :)

Sadly, I don't think Hisstank's going to have any problems getting new members, and those of us with accounts there will just "steal news" (like how HT started) and post it else where, with the pics editted to remove the lame "hisstank.com" that was added in MS-paint.

-Kevin

I don't know what to think of the politics of "Board Wars", but I'll admit that I tend to get better, more balanced news elsewhere. And my favorite figures never seemed to get a break there either. I don't want to say any more, though, and contribute further to an atmosphere of negativity.

Hi$$tank is run by a-holes. flat out, point blank.

the mods there are some of the most rediculous people I have ever seen on any message board. There is no freedom of speech whatsoever, they are like dictators and everybody knows it and jokes about it.

And what they want from their members is just childish.

You can't say anything that they don't agree with. You can't question anything about the site.

You can't even say scalping sucks. Seriously, you can't. They will give u an infraction and delete your post. They love ebay, they love money.

they are sad, sad, pathetic, petty little people over there.

I used to go there to read the sightings. I won't anymore. In fact, it was hilarious that just this week they decided to crap on their members by merging all 3 California threads (north, mid, south) into one simply because they felt like pissing people off. ALL, and I mean ALL, of the californians who visited the newly merged thread questioned why they made the changes and explained that this made it much more difficult to see what was being spotted in their areas. You have to go through all the california sightings just to look for what is happening in your hood and it also makes it more difficult to carry on a conversation with your local buddies... and well, the hisstank mods basically said, "we did this, shut up and accept it. Don't post anything else except your sightings or else you will get in trouble. This I command."

lol... jerks

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I happen to like HissTank.

I never use their message forum, but it seems very elaborate and busy, which could account for moderator activity. I ocassionally post on the custom forum a compliment or question, but otherwise, I'm an outsider. XD

When it comes to news and the activity of their customs forum, I would say it's some of the best in the Joe community. Some folks may have issue with people there, but I think what the site itself puts out there for the fans is helpful and appreciated.

Tom

Curious if anyone has posted this info on yojoe.com yet, and what the people there have to say about it. I'd do it myself, but I don't remember my login on those boards, and I'm too lazy to figure it out. @lol@

Either way, this is a pretty jackass thing to do, IMO.

I used to go there out of boredom sometimes, and browse through their forums, but I probably won't be giving them any hits after reading this. Actually, it almost makes me want to create some accounts over there and start threads with nothing but links to TNI GI Joe news. @smilepunch@ @firedevil@

Huh ! I wonder if they are doing the samething with TFW2005? cause TFW and HISStank are sister sites, I think? ..... that's the reason why HISStank.com got so popular so quickly, it's because the huge amount of Transfans at TFW are also GI Joe fans, and well you know where it went from there.........

I joined a while back to be able to view news articles (probably during Toy Fair, I guess). In the spring, I tried posting there, seeing as it's "so popular". The atmosphere was openly hostile, the level of knowledge about Joe seems limited to the 25th line and the Sunbow cartoons. When I tried to answer people's questions, the only replies I got were snide, rude, and unhelpful.

They may tout themselves as HISS Tank, but to me they'll always be that other version of the toy

...y'know, The Spetic Tank.

Yeah, you know I really don't post anywhere else on the net' except here......everyone is friendly and helpful for the most part......I go to Hisstank pretty much just for their front page news. I've posted a couple times but its just not the same......too many threads.....TNI is one stop shopping for the most part.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I happen to like HissTank.

I never use their message forum, but it seems very elaborate and busy, which could account for moderator activity. I ocassionally post on the custom forum a compliment or question, but otherwise, I'm an outsider. XD

When it comes to news and the activity of their customs forum, I would say it's some of the best in the Joe community. Some folks may have issue with people there, but I think what the site itself puts out there for the fans is helpful and appreciated.

Tom

For the most part, I agree with Tom on this one. I find most of my Joe news first on Hisstank. I'm not a regular follower of their forums, because I find their format difficult to follow. But their mainpage is frequently updated and breaks news very quickly.

And I will give them this advantage over TNI: you don't have the huge pop-up ads that obscure every page and slow down loading, and you don't have to follow 7 links to get to a story that was listed on the front page.

Brief follow-up to that statement, though, at least TNI allows me the freedom to express my dislike of some of their policies without instant censorship. If the censorship rumors of Hisstank are true, that would be a major disappointment.

YOJOE is also not taking this lightly:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=389979

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=63121

Same with Joecustoms:

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic...=29&t=12369

JoeDios:

http://www.joedios.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3143

Of Course, Joecanuck.com:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/index.php?topic=2865.0

As well as many others:

Army4One:

http://www.army4one.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1293

BloodForTheBaron.com

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/phpBB2/vie...f=25&t=2719

TriStateVipers:

http://www.tristatevipers.com/viewtopic.ph...&highlight=

Looks like the community has really banded together on this one.

being a member of the hisstank forums, yojoe forums, and the enewsi forums, I have to say I personally have enjoyed the community at Hisstank as much if not more then the one here.

Instead of contacted the site admins and asking for clarification of the policy all the other "joe sites are going out of there was to "erase this stain" on joe fandom, its pathetic. It is like elementary school kids getting upset becuase they think thier "CLUB" is cooler then the other guys, even though both clubs are exactly the same.

Right now one of the admins is over there actually trying to clarify what the rules mean over there, and what is going on and trying to calm people down.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-gene...re-posting.html

maybe instead of chiming in on the issue JAYC should actually contact the admins over there and get the full story straight from them, instead of just posting and getting people riled up. Since I consider him both an honest and responsible guy, maybe THAT is why he hasnt chimed in. maybe he is trying to solve the problem instead of bitching about something he isnt directly involved in.

since my post doesnt fit with the prevailing opinions in this thread I am sure I will be flamed and banished by the other members here. so I will gladly go back to lurking now.

Harkiri,

I don't think you have to intentionally lurk, and I don't think you'll be attacked for your opinion. Scotty and I have voiced our opinions on the matter and haven't been torn apart by our co-posters. ; )

Frankly, as I said - if you can find a GI Joe site that has as comprehensive and up-to-the-minute news as HissTank (that also doesn't COPY HissTank's reports) I may not have so much praise for them. But the fact of the matter is that they do a good job, they are popular, and just like YoJoe, Joecustoms, JBL or TNI, there is a community atmosphere there that may not be for everyone. I think we all find the forums that fit our personality best... if one doesn't suit us, it's not wrong. We're wrong for wanting it to fit our idea of what a discussion forum should be.

Tom

Huh ! I wonder if they are doing the samething with TFW2005? cause TFW and HISStank are sister sites, I think? ..... that's the reason why HISStank.com got so popular so quickly, it's because the huge amount of Transfans at TFW are also GI Joe fans, and well you know where it went from there.........

yes, there doing the same thing with TFW2005

this came down from tony B. at hisstank

Hey Everyone,

I was alerted to some things that were posted here and around the net today regarding links to other sites. I would like to clarify things to our members so that no confusion occurs as to whats allowed and why.

We do not allow threads to be started solely for the purpose of promoting any website, contest, store etc. This is done for several reasons, and is done on TFW2005.com as well. The reasons are as follows.

This is a community, we are trying to build a place where folks can come and enjoy the content and fellow fans here. If threads exist solely for the fact of sending them elsewhere, that is counter productive. That's a semi-selfish point of view, but part of community building IMO.

However, we understand that there is a world, and Joe fandom, outside of Hisstank. So, in order to balance out the development of the Hisstank community with this fact, the way we encourage others to promote their sites/stores/etc, is to put links to them in their signatures. By posting in threads constructively, properly, and often, you are able to alert the fans to your sites and projects, it's a free billboard. This is allowed for other Joe sites, other non-Joe sites, or stores. That gets them exposure, and our community grows with the postings.

There is a stipulation here which I think is the cause of all the drama, sponsors. Fans may start threads discussing the sponsors which help support this site. Since they are kind enough to do this, we allow the extra "pimping" by them or for them in the form of threads.

I hope that helps clear things up. If folks still don't dig it, then there isn't much I can say or do. But thems the rules.

Later!

Update:

Hehe, ok, I guess I need to be more clear, since there seems to be some sort of riot going on around the net.

Links to other Joe sites, other news sites, etc IS ALLOWED, if done in the course of normal discussion here on Hisstank.

Example:

Quote: Thread: USS Flagg variantz!

--I have a Flagg variantz, yay!

--Me too, but my part is black, not gray!

--Hey look at the pic on YoJoe.com -> (Link to Flagg Entry). I guess the regular version is gray! This is completely fine.

In the course of regular back and forth about a topic already being discussed, a site is linked to for reference, pointing out new/different info, that is 100% fine and allowed.

This has always been the case here. You can see examples here:

Links to YoJoe.com

Possible Upcoming Wave!!

Wave 9 Card Back

Ninja-Ku(Black Storm Shadow) Army builder or one person?

2003 Spy Troops Venom Cycle Tread Fire repaints

25th Anniversary Skystriker (Tiger Force)

Links to ToyNewsI.com

Upcoming Target battle pack Stalker

Updated Wave 7 (Hasbro Wave 3 2008) Images

New He-Man line

Links to JoeCanuck.com

Joe Meet in Hamilton, Ontario. Some Hasbro news.

Some Light Humor: Unlikey GI Joes

Canadian JoeMeet "Snowbank" figure has filecard by Larry Hama!

1986 Viper / TRU Viper Army Building...

Links to Multiple other websites

Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round One 2008 ANSWERS

You just can't start threads specificly to "PIMP YOUR/ANYONES ISH". Some people may not know the difference, that's fine, that's what mods are for.

Regarding news type posts. If YoJoe, JoeCanuck, CobraIsland, TNI, etc get news, that is not posted here on Hisstank, such as new images, interviews with industry folks, etc, then linking to them is allowed. We may even do so on our front page, and link to them for it. If it's news, and excluisve to them, then all links are on so to speak.

If we at Hisstank have the same news posted on our front page, since it was not "exclusive" to another site, whether it be before or after the other site's posting, we will redirect people to view the news at our site, and discuss at our site. That's part of site building, some or all other sites listed here do exactly the same thing.

TNI isn't going link to us for images Hasbro also sent them - just because we were 10 minutes first. And vice versa. Part of the game, completely fine. And both sites, of course, want their community to discuss this info at their site, to build their community. Also completely understandable.

What is disallowed, is the starting of a thread for the sole purpose of promoting another website, whether it be something like "Yay, look at this site" or "Yay, this site updated with non-news content". If a fan who doesn't know the difference does it - no harm no foul - mods will address the issue on a case by case basis. That's what they are for.

So to wrap up, links to these other sites, any of them or others not mentioned, ARE ALLOWED, HAVE BEEN ALLOWED, and will continue to be within these guidelines.

WE WILL NEVER BAN ALL LINKS TO ANY SITE.

Regardless of their treatment of our site within their own communities.

I will try to clarify if there are still issues. Just be patient.

this came down from tony B. at hisstank

Hey Everyone,

I was alerted to some things that were posted here and around the net today regarding links to other sites. I would like to clarify things to our members so that no confusion occurs as to whats allowed and why.

We do not allow threads to be started solely for the purpose of promoting any website, contest, store etc. This is done for several reasons, and is done on TFW2005.com as well. The reasons are as follows.

This is a community, we are trying to build a place where folks can come and enjoy the content and fellow fans here. If threads exist solely for the fact of sending them elsewhere, that is counter productive. That's a semi-selfish point of view, but part of community building IMO.

However, we understand that there is a world, and Joe fandom, outside of Hisstank. So, in order to balance out the development of the Hisstank community with this fact, the way we encourage others to promote their sites/stores/etc, is to put links to them in their signatures. By posting in threads constructively, properly, and often, you are able to alert the fans to your sites and projects, it's a free billboard. This is allowed for other Joe sites, other non-Joe sites, or stores. That gets them exposure, and our community grows with the postings.

There is a stipulation here which I think is the cause of all the drama, sponsors. Fans may start threads discussing the sponsors which help support this site. Since they are kind enough to do this, we allow the extra "pimping" by them or for them in the form of threads.

I hope that helps clear things up. If folks still don't dig it, then there isn't much I can say or do. But thems the rules.

Later!

Update:

Hehe, ok, I guess I need to be more clear, since there seems to be some sort of riot going on around the net.

Links to other Joe sites, other news sites, etc IS ALLOWED, if done in the course of normal discussion here on Hisstank.

Example:

Quote: Thread: USS Flagg variantz!

--I have a Flagg variantz, yay!

--Me too, but my part is black, not gray!

--Hey look at the pic on YoJoe.com -> (Link to Flagg Entry). I guess the regular version is gray! This is completely fine.

In the course of regular back and forth about a topic already being discussed, a site is linked to for reference, pointing out new/different info, that is 100% fine and allowed.

This has always been the case here. You can see examples here:

Links to YoJoe.com

Possible Upcoming Wave!!

Wave 9 Card Back

Ninja-Ku(Black Storm Shadow) Army builder or one person?

2003 Spy Troops Venom Cycle Tread Fire repaints

25th Anniversary Skystriker (Tiger Force)

Links to ToyNewsI.com

Upcoming Target battle pack Stalker

Updated Wave 7 (Hasbro Wave 3 2008) Images

New He-Man line

Links to JoeCanuck.com

Joe Meet in Hamilton, Ontario. Some Hasbro news.

Some Light Humor: Unlikey GI Joes

Canadian JoeMeet "Snowbank" figure has filecard by Larry Hama!

1986 Viper / TRU Viper Army Building...

Links to Multiple other websites

Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round One 2008 ANSWERS

You just can't start threads specificly to "PIMP YOUR/ANYONES ISH". Some people may not know the difference, that's fine, that's what mods are for.

Regarding news type posts. If YoJoe, JoeCanuck, CobraIsland, TNI, etc get news, that is not posted here on Hisstank, such as new images, interviews with industry folks, etc, then linking to them is allowed. We may even do so on our front page, and link to them for it. If it's news, and excluisve to them, then all links are on so to speak.

If we at Hisstank have the same news posted on our front page, since it was not "exclusive" to another site, whether it be before or after the other site's posting, we will redirect people to view the news at our site, and discuss at our site. That's part of site building, some or all other sites listed here do exactly the same thing.

TNI isn't going link to us for images Hasbro also sent them - just because we were 10 minutes first. And vice versa. Part of the game, completely fine. And both sites, of course, want their community to discuss this info at their site, to build their community. Also completely understandable.

What is disallowed, is the starting of a thread for the sole purpose of promoting another website, whether it be something like "Yay, look at this site" or "Yay, this site updated with non-news content". If a fan who doesn't know the difference does it - no harm no foul - mods will address the issue on a case by case basis. That's what they are for.

So to wrap up, links to these other sites, any of them or others not mentioned, ARE ALLOWED, HAVE BEEN ALLOWED, and will continue to be within these guidelines.

WE WILL NEVER BAN ALL LINKS TO ANY SITE.

Regardless of their treatment of our site within their own communities.

I will try to clarify if there are still issues. Just be patient.

If that were the case, they wouldn't have disallowed the post that started this.

The post that started this was an announcement of the October Joecanuck newsletter with it's details, with a DIRECT LINK to the newsletter itself:

http://67.212.190.228/JoeCanuck/OCT08.pdf

- not a link back to the Joecanuck site or message boards.

Sounds to me like there is a little bit of backpedaling going on.

I know this may come as a shock to some of you (though I don't know why) but I could honestly care less what Hisstank does or doesn't do. I have my hands full running my own websites and bussiness to be worried about what someone else on the net is doing or not doing which I have little or no control of (like for instance today besides posting news i've been working on putting a toys for tots collection campaign to help those in need) and whether Hisstank allows links to here or not really has no bearing on that what-so-ever. Sorry Hisstank but your just not that big a deal.

As for my advise to the guys running the fansites out there who are upset. Don't let it get to you. In truth these types of posts probably only help the site that you feel has alienated you, and people are going to go where they want to. Do you think if site A post something like pictures of the newest wave of GIJoe someone is going to say I refuse to go there out of principle????? Its just not going to happen. Run your site to the best of your ability and if you do a good job then people will come, but I learned a long time ago that if you let the actions of others get to you it will only bring you down.

That being said im going to close this thread as there seems to be plenty of threads out there on the net already, and if you really dont like what someone does then simply quit using their servies.