Microman

gojira77

bgvse.jpg

The old Takara Microman line sure has come a long way since contributing molds to the American Micronauts and Transformers toylines. An internatonal cousin of the RAH line (both are descended from the original 12" G.I. Joe), Microman has been making crazy-posable figures under 4'' for a while now, and evolved beyond the Destro-like chrome-headed toys to include everything from solid color blank slates to licensed properties. Their joints may pop off way too easily, but that should only make it easier to customize them through mix and match. Just check out some of the Microman variants currently on Ebay:

e32d_1.jpg

6462_1.jpg

55d6_1_b.jpg

Tell me that some of these characters wouldn't at least make great guest stars and background characters in a Joe dio-rama! Just make sure to keep Clutch away from all the super-posable Japanese school girls... :)

There are a ton of cool Micro-men, but as much as I like them, I never felt they clicked with GI Joe - in fact, they clashed. Kind of like holding a Generation 1 Transformers next to a "Cybertron" figure. There's a gap there that's hard to overlook.

I do however have a wierd blue cryo-chamber type thing that came with a Microman figure that I keep a spare Serpentor in. XD

Tom

I do with some of them.

- Catwoman

- Ras Al ghul

- Predators

- I used one of the Microman as a placeholder for Wraith until he was released - Acroyear Phantom

- There is a great sidecar bike I got from some anime - Votoms Ality

- There was one that had some light us stasis chamber that was good too.

Someone on here did a great Jinx custom with the Catwoman body

Really wanting that SOL figures but that is a bit too much $$$. The proportions even look better on those figs.

• 2 weeks later...

I broke down and got those SOL SWAT and Delta figures by Konami. They are built like Microman and are advertised as 1:18 scaled but they are about 5.5" tall.

Not a happy camper here, but they are still sealed in the box if anyone is interested. I'd cost to much to return to HK.

I don't mix GiJoes with anything. EVER. I don't even mix RAH with the new sculpt stuff.

However, you can easily mix the 25th Joes with the Marvel Super Hero Showdown figures, and looks like the new Fury Files Marvel figures will mix in too

I mix things here and there... a lot of my collecting is moving to the smaller, more manageable 4" scale, so the Microman stuff is picking up interest for me. Can anyone recommend a good site for it? I want to get some idea of what's out there...

I mix things here and there... a lot of my collecting is moving to the smaller, more manageable 4" scale, so the Microman stuff is picking up interest for me. Can anyone recommend a good site for it? I want to get some idea of what's out there...

I don't know if there's a better web site but my all time favorite brick-and-mortar import shop is Kicks Hobby Japan. Owned by a guy about our age, it has two locations in the Seattle area, awesome selection of the best Japanese action lines, and very good costumer service. They have a website too where they seem to be doing most of their business nowadays. The micromen seem to be mixed in with the scantily-clad anime girl figurines in the "figure" section of the site, which is basically everything 'non-robot'. :)

There must be a clause somewhere in Shipwreck's contract that prohibits intermingling with the very sulty and flexible counterparts. That being said, no, I do not intermix. Better to avoid the inevitable miniturized plastic lawsuit. Don't need to give the Crimson Twins something else to work with, lawyers that they are.