Wave 10 FINALLY hits retail, sort of

CLAM

Okay, so I am going to tell a story now.. it's about the first sightings of WAVE 10 at any major retailer.

So, despite some false reports of Wave 10 being found at Walmart at the hisstank over a month ago, Wave 10 has yet to hit any of the big major retailers. It has been found at a grocery store or two in Texas, and I think one of those odd midwestern department chains, and comic book stores, but NEVER in any of the big stores.... until today, sort of.

I have been hitting this walmart around the block from me pretty much every night looking for wave 10, and I have been keeping up to day on online reports.. and NADA. Nothing but stupid revisions after stupid revisions.

So tonight I stroll into Walmart and see that all of the pallets have been gone through by somebody else. They opened up all the action figures boxes, but I didnt' care. I was only looking for Joes. I walk over to the Joe section and see, to my shock and amazement, MUTT and JUNKYARD hanging on the peg! I flip through and immediately find another Mutt and a bunch of revision crap that has been around for weeks. Not another wave 10 figure at all, or even the BATS or Arctic Snake Eyes that are supposedly the extras in the case. I look back on the pallets and there are no empty Joe boxes.

So how the hell did two Mutts get there? I can't imagine anybody leaving him and taking all the rest of the wave 10 figures, plus the extra crap in there.

So I go to another Walmart, no sign of any cases. However, they have this giant box that says "GiJoe 3.75" and then it says "1 piece." Im like WTF is this? So I pop it open and its a little end of the aisle display full of revision figures: three each of Flint, Snake Eyes with Timber, Stormy v2, Beachhead, Stalker, Firefly, Snowjob, and Snow Serpent. Essentially, its one of the latest revision case assortments X3. I pass on them and move to the next Walmart hoping for that elusive Wave 10 case.

The next Walmart has the big display again, but no singles. I see the same thing, the big aisl display of 24 figures but no single cases, at three other stores.

Until finally, I see it. At my last Walmart, THE CASE... this is what I have been looking for! The case of Wave 10!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!

The case is labeled "WV6 R3 08"... so thats wave 6 (what they are calling Wave 10), revision 3.

I have no clue what revision 3 is. I hope that it's an assortment with both versions of wraith and an extra Mutt or something, which would explain why there were extras of him at my local store.

But what was inside is nothing less than MOTHER FRICKIN AMAZING! (and horrifying) I begin to take out the figures one by one:

Roadblock v2 ?

Hisstank Driver ??

Battle Armor CC ???

Rock N Roll ????

Major Bludd ?????

Snake Eyes v3 ??????

Python Patrol Officer ???????

and finally, MUTT ????????

WTF? WTF?? WTF???

What the hell kind of assortment is this? How and why did they decide to combine a combination of figures that have been featured in the last three revisions and give them to us AGAIN??? with only one damn new figure???

and why is Walmart getting REVISION 3?? Not a normal case, not revision 1, not even revision 2... revision THREEEEEEEEE

So this explains the two Mutts at my local store, it does not explain how the person who makes these decisions can even have the intelligence to drive to work.

I swear, if I found Wild Bill in that case, I would have drove to Rhode Island just to show the Hasbro execs my face full of tears so they could see what they are doing to me.

So yeah.. the first sighting of Wave 10 at any big retailer, is just MUTT.. .so if u see a case that says "WV6 R3 08" don't get excited.

I felt bad for Mutt too.. he heard how excited I was to find the case, and then he saw my face when I opened the box.. poor guy.. He looked as if he let me down because he knew I was dissappointed.. but it wasn't his fault.. he did his job, he made it off the damn boat from China.

so, for those of you who skipped the story:

Walmart is getting cases of Wave 6 (wave 10) revision 3:

Mutt

Roadblock v2

Battle Armor CC

Rock n Roll

Hisstank Driver

Snake Eyes v3

Python Patrol Officer

Major Blood

and endcap displays that feature

3 Flints

3 Snake Eyes w Timber

3 Stormshadow v2

3 Beach Head

3 Stalker

3 Snowjob

3 Snowserpent

3 Firefly

yo! i feel you, i gave up looking at wally world and others, i have been lucky on this wave, i have been hitting the grocery stores and i made a friend and she order all the joes for me and i have a complete wave 10 set, this is better then going crazy looking for these guys, & a few dollars cheaper. so best bet if your still going crazy stop and hit the grocery stores.

Check out BBTS to see details of all the revision cases.

That sucks, what happened.

And Im sick of all the abundant revision cases, too.

Its like they heard our concerns, "why is stuff so hard to find?"

And like a twisted deal with the devil they reply, "ok we'll give you all the Joes you'd like, hahahahaa"

And they are all revision cases, LOL.

ON one hand Im glad they are stocking so much JOE product.

BUT man, why is it revision cases, LOL!

Big Punch in the face @smilepunch@

Oh here is what you found at BBTS:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Okay, so I am going to tell a story now.. it's about the first sightings of WAVE 10 at any major retailer.

So, despite some false reports of Wave 10 being found at Walmart at the hisstank over a month ago, Wave 10 has yet to hit any of the big major retailers. It has been found at a grocery store or two in Texas, and I think one of those odd midwestern department chains, and comic book stores, but NEVER in any of the big stores.... until today, sort of.

I have been hitting this walmart around the block from me pretty much every night looking for wave 10, and I have been keeping up to day on online reports.. and NADA. Nothing but stupid revisions after stupid revisions.

So tonight I stroll into Walmart and see that all of the pallets have been gone through by somebody else. They opened up all the action figures boxes, but I didnt' care. I was only looking for Joes. I walk over to the Joe section and see, to my shock and amazement, MUTT and JUNKYARD hanging on the peg! I flip through and immediately find another Mutt and a bunch of revision crap that has been around for weeks. Not another wave 10 figure at all, or even the BATS or Arctic Snake Eyes that are supposedly the extras in the case. I look back on the pallets and there are no empty Joe boxes.

So how the hell did two Mutts get there? I can't imagine anybody leaving him and taking all the rest of the wave 10 figures, plus the extra crap in there.

So I go to another Walmart, no sign of any cases. However, they have this giant box that says "GiJoe 3.75" and then it says "1 piece." Im like WTF is this? So I pop it open and its a little end of the aisle display full of revision figures: three each of Flint, Snake Eyes with Timber, Stormy v2, Beachhead, Stalker, Firefly, Snowjob, and Snow Serpent. Essentially, its one of the latest revision case assortments X3. I pass on them and move to the next Walmart hoping for that elusive Wave 10 case.

The next Walmart has the big display again, but no singles. I see the same thing, the big aisl display of 24 figures but no single cases, at three other stores.

Until finally, I see it. At my last Walmart, THE CASE... this is what I have been looking for! The case of Wave 10!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!

The case is labeled "WV6 R3 08"... so thats wave 6 (what they are calling Wave 10), revision 3.

I have no clue what revision 3 is. I hope that it's an assortment with both versions of wraith and an extra Mutt or something, which would explain why there were extras of him at my local store.

But what was inside is nothing less than MOTHER FRICKIN AMAZING! (and horrifying) I begin to take out the figures one by one:

Roadblock v2 ?

Hisstank Driver ??

Battle Armor CC ???

Rock N Roll ????

Major Bludd ?????

Snake Eyes v3 ??????

Python Patrol Officer ???????

and finally, MUTT ????????

WTF? WTF?? WTF???

What the hell kind of assortment is this? How and why did they decide to combine a combination of figures that have been featured in the last three revisions and give them to us AGAIN??? with only one damn new figure???

and why is Walmart getting REVISION 3?? Not a normal case, not revision 1, not even revision 2... revision THREEEEEEEEE

So this explains the two Mutts at my local store, it does not explain how the person who makes these decisions can even have the intelligence to drive to work.

I swear, if I found Wild Bill in that case, I would have drove to Rhode Island just to show the Hasbro execs my face full of tears so they could see what they are doing to me.

So yeah.. the first sighting of Wave 10 at any big retailer, is just MUTT.. .so if u see a case that says "WV6 R3 08" don't get excited.

I felt bad for Mutt too.. he heard how excited I was to find the case, and then he saw my face when I opened the box.. poor guy.. He looked as if he let me down because he knew I was dissappointed.. but it wasn't his fault.. he did his job, he made it off the damn boat from China.

so, for those of you who skipped the story:

Walmart is getting cases of Wave 6 (wave 10) revision 3:

Mutt

Roadblock v2

Battle Armor CC

Rock n Roll

Hisstank Driver

Snake Eyes v3

Python Patrol Officer

Major Blood

and endcap displays that feature

3 Flints

3 Snake Eyes w Timber

3 Stormshadow v2

3 Beach Head

3 Stalker

3 Snowjob

3 Snowserpent

3 Firefly

I've seen all the revision guys at Wally World except for Black-Shirt Flint and Visor Snake- Eyes-- did you notice any subtle differences on these guys. I don't mean new arms-- we all know that we need to wait for Hall of Heroes for that. I'm talking slight mold changes like narrow crotches or two-peg stands. I picked up a Joe Stormshadow recently and he now comes with the improved Two-peg stand. I bet that a SE v.2 with better articulation would make a nice loose figure in someone's collection! :)

yo! i feel you, i gave up looking at wally world and others, i have been lucky on this wave, i have been hitting the grocery stores and i made a friend and she order all the joes for me and i have a complete wave 10 set, this is better then going crazy looking for these guys, & a few dollars cheaper. so best bet if your still going crazy stop and hit the grocery stores.

What grocey store are you finding wave 10 at?Your grocery stores probably have a bigger toy section then Walmart in CT.The grocery stores all suck were I live.Clam I hear you about the revision cases.Who came up with these at Hasbro should be wopped upside the head.

What grocey store are you finding wave 10 at?Your grocery stores probably have a bigger toy section then Walmart in CT.The grocery stores all suck were I live.Clam I hear you about the revision cases.Who came up with these at Hasbro should be wopped upside the head.

stop & shop.there toy section its not as big as you think , i just know when to hit them,

Guys let's be realistic here. Winter is around the corner and the pegs have to be kept warm. @smilepunch@

Exactly. And parents will most assuredly purchase these figures for their tykes. Their kids may not have asked for these, but amidst the toy they do want, Joes will certainly be the fillers because as we all know, Quantity of Quality for toys when you're a kid. The more the better...and some parents can't help but spoil.

I see plenty of restocking in my area and one this remains constant...they sell. Even though I see plnty of people complaining about the figure selections being shipped, SOMEONE is buying them and that's Hasbro's bottom line.

I've given up on brick and mortar. I'll save the gas and pay flat shipping...Least then I get ALL the figures I want and there is always some sap on eBay lookng to complete their collections wiht my extras. Don't get me wrong, I don't gouge. Except for the LOOSE yellow Stalker I sold for $135. I couldn't help but cash in on that return.

All of these revision cases wouldn't bother me at all if they'd thought to include a frickin' Torpedo in one of them. I've yet to even see a Torpedo figure in person, anywhere. Until I do, he's just a myth, and there are a lot of great customizers out there making unbelievably accurate copies from one another. :angry:

Carver

All of these revision cases wouldn't bother me at all if they'd thought to include a frickin' Torpedo in one of them. I've yet to even see a Torpedo figure in person, anywhere. Until I do, he's just a myth, and there are a lot of great customizers out there making unbelievably accurate copies from one another. :angry:

Carver

Torpedo seems to be in every revision case around here.

Carver

I don't think Torpedo made the revision list because the one on the Modern Era card is technically a part of wave 9. If only Hasbro realized that what the public really wanted was TWO Torpedoes in those cases instead of one (sometimes) and a whole lot of that pinheaded Wild Bill!

Carver

I don't think Torpedo made the revision list because the one on the Modern Era card is technically a part of wave 9. If only Hasbro realized that what the public really wanted was TWO Torpedoes in those cases instead of one (sometimes) and a whole lot of that pinheaded Wild Bill!

Torpedo was mighty plentiful here during the wave 9 stuff. He hasn't made it into any of the last 3 revision cases, but I don't think he needed to be, there were tons of him... of course, most of the figures from the first two revisions since wave 9, were poor poor choices. The third revision (wv5 r5 08) is the good one with the wave 1-3 guys.

I've seen all the revision guys at Wally World except for Black-Shirt Flint and Visor Snake- Eyes-- did you notice any subtle differences on these guys. I don't mean new arms-- we all know that we need to wait for Hall of Heroes for that. I'm talking slight mold changes like narrow crotches or two-peg stands. I picked up a Joe Stormshadow recently and he now comes with the improved Two-peg stand. I bet that a SE v.2 with better articulation would make a nice loose figure in someone's collection! :)

I haven't noticed any differences in them, I only bought Flint. However, his paint on his face does seem cleaner to me.

As for Snake Eyes with Timber, he has had the thinner crotch for quite some time now. I think he has been in at least 3 revisions sporting the thin crotch.

Carver

Hey if you need a Torpedo I can find one for ya. I have seen a few of him in my area.As for HTS that's were I got my wave 10 figures.I to have given up on the brick and concrete stores myself.I am wondering if the variant of Wraith is still out there.I have only seen pics of him but he has been a mirage.The character is a master stealth?I believe it.He is invisible to our stores.

Sounds like the recent wave my Wally got, so I must have been to late to get a Mutt, luckily I ordered one from HTS.

So this explains those old figures on new cards I've been seeing lately. I didn't know Battle Armor CC was going to be rereleased until I saw him at WM last week.

I'm so glad I ordered a case of wave 10 from BBTS now. I even got a variant Wraith in it, which was great.

Just keep in mind, guys, Black Friday is next month, and that's when the pegs usually get picked clean.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys won't believe this but my Walmart just got Wave 10 this week-- in the form of nothing but Mutts, Mutts, and more Mutts. Oh, and more reissue guys-- WTF! Is this a weird Wal-mart distribution thing?! Is Mutt like the canary that they send into the mine shaft to make sure it's safe for all the Para-Vipers?

You guys won't believe this but my Walmart just got Wave 10 this week-- in the form of nothing but Mutts, Mutts, and more Mutts. Oh, and more reissue guys-- WTF! Is this a weird Wal-mart distribution thing?! Is Mutt like the canary that they send into the mine shaft to make sure it's safe for all the Para-Vipers?

yeah.. no joke.

Since I started this thread, my walmart received 6-8 more cases of this rediculous revision case, and NONE of the real wave 10 cases.

WTF

yeah.. no joke.

Since I started this thread, my walmart received 6-8 more cases of this rediculous revision case, and NONE of the real wave 10 cases.

WTF

I gotta know man... Does your WM go through GI Joes that fast or what? If my WM ever got 6-8 more cases, they would be sitting on the pegs until 2010...