The Further Adventures of Radioactive Snake-Eyes

gojira77

I love how that toy is irradiated IN THE FACE. That, and he's handling deadly elements with his bare hands.

Luckily, cancer is one of the many things Snake Eyes can beat.

I think my favorite photo out of this set is the last batch, where Snakes looks like he's sliding down a hillside.

Tom

I love how that toy is irradiated IN THE FACE. That, and he's handling deadly elements with his bare hands.

Well, in the cartoon, he's so irradiated that he glows all over. Luckily for him there's a deus ex machina blind hermit who knows of an herbal remedy to... um... cure... that. Then in his off-screen time, he goes back out into the snow and anti-climactically finds the radioactive canister that Snake Eyes so dramatically left behind.

Yeah.

I'm waiting for the action figure.

"Blind Hermit... Code Name: MacGuffin"

Well, in the cartoon, he's so irradiated that he glows all over. Luckily for him there's a deus ex machina blind hermit who knows of an herbal remedy to... um... cure... that. Then in his off-screen time, he goes back out into the snow and anti-climactically finds the radioactive canister that Snake Eyes so dramatically left behind.

Yeah.

I'm waiting for the action figure.

"Blind Hermit... Code Name: MacGuffin"

You know, the funny thing about the Hermit for me isn't that he can CURE both cancer and radiation with leaves that he somehow found in the arctic-- its that he's flippin' Irish! What is Chief O'Hara from the old Batman series doing up in the arctic?! The Russian Orthodox Church has been sending monks up there for centuries (well, the ones that the Commies didn't send to prison camps in Siberia :(...)-- why isn't this mystical old blind dude Russian?

Anyways, more pics to come, so stay tuned, I guess. I'm going to continue to pack this thing around town, at least until I get laughed at beyond my geeky endurance. I'm 31 and still play with action figures, so I'm the odds on favorite. :) Still can't wait 'till it snows-- all I'll need then is a polar bear!

Great work, I love this figure, but I havnt been able to open up the box yet.

IMO, you might not want to if you already have the DVD. I think the first set is probably the weakest of the DVD Battle Packs: no new characters or really great repaints. In pack #2, we get a more-or-less definitive Lady Jaye and Classic Destro, with a pretty decent RB if you somehow missed him last year. I also wish that they did a better job of equiping the figures in the first pack with the proper weapons. Irradiated Snake-Eyes should have empty holsters, but Stalker just got screwed!

Anyways, more pics to come, so stay tuned, I guess. I'm going to continue to pack this thing around town, at least until I get laughed at beyond my geeky endurance. I'm 31 and still play with action figures, so I'm the odds on favorite. :) Still can't wait 'till it snows-- all I'll need then is a polar bear!

Hey Goj, I noticed this earlier and wanted to comment, but got sidetracked... I admit it was mostly due to SunnyD.

One of the things that really concerted me from a lonely, keep-to-myself GI Joe enthusiast into a full-blown fan-atic back in the day were folks Tim (from "Tim's Corner") or the man behind "General's Joes" who took these toys into their own backyards and made art out of the photos they'd take.

So, even though someone might see you, a full-grown adult hauling a bathtub-sized aircraft carrier down to the lake, I have to encourage you to carry on. It's folk like you who make the fandom more than just shameless consumerism. : )

Tom

Hey Goj, I noticed this earlier and wanted to comment, but got sidetracked... I admit it was mostly due to SunnyD.

One of the things that really concerted me from a lonely, keep-to-myself GI Joe enthusiast into a full-blown fan-atic back in the day were folks Tim (from "Tim's Corner") or the man behind "General's Joes" who took these toys into their own backyards and made art out of the photos they'd take.

So, even though someone might see you, a full-grown adult hauling a bathtub-sized aircraft carrier down to the lake, I have to encourage you to carry on. It's folk like you who make the fandom more than just shameless consumerism. : )

Tom

Thanks for the kind words, Tom! Too me, Joes have held their own with superheoes and alien robots precisely because these little army men or so darn fun to play with, which is why I'm primarily a collector who keeps 'em loose. I think the photo shoots are great practice so that I'll still know how to play when my son is old enough to help me stage epic battles. :)

Nice pics, keep up your "series" with other figures!

Nice pics, keep up your "series" with other figures!

I'd love to do a better re-telling of Operation: Dragonfire and introduction of the Battle Armor Cobra Commander, but that'll have to wait until I have more figures (though I could do an awesome teaser with some Halloween clearance, burning torches, and C3PO's Ewok throne... :) ). If I get any other ideas that I actually can do right now I'll be sure to post them!

I think I've become too jaded in my adulthood to "play" with my figures.

I just pose and display the stuff I have, every once in awhile catching a VERY slight glimpse of what it used to be like to have an imagination vivid enough to launch my mind into actually staging a battlefield for my Joes.

I envy those of you who are still capable of this. :)

I actually took these at the local Haggen supermarket

That's a bold move...

This along with "Monster vines" Roadblock are both great figures. In fact, I don't think there's a single dud between the two MASS device packs that I've seen so far. I'm hoping to see the latest ones soon.

At a supermarket? Ha ha, that's definitely a ballsy risk on your part. Well, risk is the wrong word, since I doubt you would even be asked to leave... but still, awfully embarassing if some employee did happen to come tell you to cut it out.

There was a recent image over at JoeDios that had Nuclear Reaction Snake Eyes running away from an AT AT and I immediately thought of these photo shoots! XD

Tom

Right infront of the store, they had a display of fresh-made pumpkin pies from the bakery and cans of whipped cream packed with ice chips. Snake-Eyes is right by a can of whipped cream and the "tree" in the background is really a sign posting the price of the pies! Bellingham can be a conservative little place, but we're also a college town and we have plenty of hippies and eccentric artists around who are more-or-less tollerated if not well understood. But yes, I did get some looks and chuckles, though nobody was a jerk about it. One woman offered to help me after I ironically lost the gun Snake-Eyes was holding-- damn polar bears! @loll@ No, small town people can be cool sometimes, too.

Hopefully, this won't be the last time that I take Radioactive Snake-Eyes "shopping". I do live near by a Costco and the first DVD Pack had such a great cart...

"Yo Joe!" he gestured to his dear friends, and then he turned and vanished into the cloud...

IMG_2351.jpg

Again, I suggest you don't finish with this shot.

How about this?

SA400332.jpg

Or -

SA400333.jpg

See more shenanigans here: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?act=f...mp;pid=16511187

All in good fun man.

"Yo Joe!" he gestured to his dear friends, and then he turned and vanished into the cloud...

IMG_2351.jpg

Again, I suggest you don't finish with this shot.

How about this?

SA400332.jpg

Or -

SA400333.jpg

See more shenanigans here: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?act=f...mp;pid=16511187

All in good fun man.

Very Funny! :D But, yeah, m'boy R.S.E. probably hates you now, too... :)