How to properly customize the dvd set Serpentor

I just got the two new dvd packs and the ead sculpt on Snake Eyes is terrible and looks "cartoony" but nothing like the sunbow cartoon. Some goofy non existent cartoon.

Anyways back on topic this is the third Serpentor I have but the first one from series 2 2007 has the best paint apps. Version 2 w/chariot has 0 redeemable qualities and the newest has the proper head dress.

I want to put the head dress from the newest one on V07. I took the helmet off but the Cobra part is glued into his back. Does anyone know the best way to remove it so I can put it on V07? I want to avoid straight cutting it off so when I glue it onto V07 it will stay put. Would boiling him help at all? Thats what I always do when parts a stuck.

Any Ideas? thanks!

I just got the two new dvd packs and the ead sculpt on Snake Eyes is terrible and looks "cartoony" but nothing like the sunbow cartoon. Some goofy non existent cartoon.

Anyways back on topic this is the third Serpentor I have but the first one from series 2 2007 has the best paint apps. Version 2 w/chariot has 0 redeemable qualities and the newest has the proper head dress.

I want to put the head dress from the newest one on V07. I took the helmet off but the Cobra part is glued into his back. Does anyone know the best way to remove it so I can put it on V07? I want to avoid straight cutting it off so when I glue it onto V07 it will stay put. Would boiling him help at all? Thats what I always do when parts a stuck.

Any Ideas? thanks!

I have yet to see those packs, so it is hard to say. And I'd imagine a lot the customizers here are in the same boat right now.

What about just switching the heads themselves?

I know it hasn't aged well, but I'd still like to have an air chariot for DVD Serpentor. Mostly so Duke can frag it, and Falcon can stick Serpie's cape into the fan thing again-- as Edna Mode would say, "NO CAPES!!!" I really think the Cobra Emperor wouldn't gotten more respect if he just tooled around a bicycle wearing little spandex shorts, or perhaps a nifty strap for his scaley pant-leg!

I know most people swear by the boil-'n-pop method, but me and hot water don't mix...

My solution to softening up glues and plastics is a hundred watt bulb, and about ten minutes. The best set-up is one of those small, bendable desk lamps so you can position it close to the desk/table/surface. Just lay the figure on the table, and fix the lamp about 2" away from it. Leave the light on for about ten minutes, and the glue should be heated up enough that you'll be able to simply pull it out.

Works wonders for joints, too, like I said. I just switched out 24 Cobra Trooper hands (the bare hands from the Legion and SRO packs) for gloved hands from my extra Scarred Officers. Did them 4 at a time, didn't break a single hand.

Boiling water or a hot lamp? Same results... one's a lot less dangerous.

It doesn't have to be boiling per se, just recently boiled. Pour some in a cup, it's not that dangerous.

Some people use a hair dryer, as well. Seems to work just as well, according to some.

It's just a matter of creating heat. I still say boiling or near boiling water is dangerous. It spills, someone's getting a nasty burn. Hair drier too hot? Just shut it off.

Granted, a ##$%$#ed monkey could keep it safe... but even ##$%$#ed monkeys sneeze.

Those lamps get a lot hotter than boiling water. I just boil some water in a small pot & dip the figure with tongs.

I didn't realise that it was glued in. I will probably just paint my Serpentor anyway. I have already painted the webgear dark green. I plan on painting the 'olive' green parts the same dark green.

The first 2 DVD sets were great. These 2nd waves seem to have the color palettes chosen by someone color-blind. Snake Eyes definately isn't that purple. Serpentor's colors are way off. Dusty is definately very different.