0eBay Cuts 1600 Jobs, 10 Percent Of Its Work Force, And I'm So Happy

lldjslim

Yes, that serves them right.

Not just because of the bad economy either, its all of those ridicuclus 25th anniversary GI Joe auctions flooding ebay w/ those skyhigh scalpers prices now has put a hurting on ebay. I saw one auction for a Target exclusive Rattler w/ a buy it now price of $1000.00, who will pay that kind of money, I bet some sucker out there will. ebays stock fell to a measly $9.00 a share.

Because, if there is a hell down below all of ebay, the scalpers, and the suckers who buy from scalpers are all gonna go strait to hell.

BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SCLAPER SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just because of the bad economy either, its all of those ridicuclus 25th anniversary GI Joe auctions flooding ebay w/ those skyhigh scalpers prices now has put a hurting on ebay.

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................

yes, 25th Joes brought down ebay. :rolleyes:

that's very benevolent of you to be glad thousands of people, in this tough economic time, are now out of jobs, because, you know, ebay is a nameless, faceless entity and regular working people who have nothing to do with the policies are now out of work.

how you can not be embarrassed to post the nonsense you do is beyond me. you have to be one of the most ignorant people on this board.

Not just because of the bad economy either, its all of those ridicuclus 25th anniversary GI Joe auctions flooding ebay w/ those skyhigh scalpers prices now has put a hurting on ebay.

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................

Its not worth it Arrow, its just not worth it.

lldjslim,

Wow, you are personally responsible for the most idiotic blather I've read all day. Pardon me if I refrain from joining your "yea for unemployment" dance party. To wish ill on others as you did, and rejoice in their misfortune is truly lame.

I am glad I am not the only one that thought this thread was complete crap.

Why be happy that people (possibly with families) loose jobs?

Ebay did not do the scalping, they are just the middle man.

Jeez.

you also have to ignore the fact that ebay gets paid for every auction listed, so if scalpers weren't listing items they wouldn't be making even the buck it costs to list them. I take back my earlier statement, lldjslim is the most ignorant poster in the Joe community entirely.

im sorry but this is one of the most ridciouls posts ever...........what the hell does ebay let alone the workers have to do with what peopel put on auction and sell on the sight?

well, my buddy up the street WORKED for ebay, but him and his ENTIRE department were part of that 1600 you mentioned. wow, sure is a good thing that he lost his job. THAT will show all those "scalpers". I bet now there will be less joe stuff on Ebay now. Oh, did i mention that he was a joe collector, and had to sell his collection? take THAT, you scalper scum! (can you detect my sarcasm? I should hope so, cause I am laying it on pretty thick) ##$%$#

Ebay is losing money due to the redicolous Fee's, charges and new policies. Paypal sucks balls when it comes to complaints, and Ebay only allows for it now. I hope both fail miserably.

I highly doubt the Economy is at Fault, Ebay is second hand items most of the time. Second hand sales are up over new retail.

Me thinks Ebay would have plenty of Money if they had not shot them selves in the foot with the horrible policy changes and new pricing.

well, my buddy up the street WORKED for ebay, but him and his ENTIRE department were part of that 1600 you mentioned. wow, sure is a good thing that he lost his job. THAT will show all those "scalpers". I bet now there will be less joe stuff on Ebay now. Oh, did i mention that he was a joe collector, and had to sell his collection? take THAT, you scalper scum! (can you detect my sarcasm? I should hope so, cause I am laying it on pretty thick) ##$%$#

unfortunately, with the intellect he has shown in many of his posts, I think it will go right over his head.

Ebay is losing money due to the redicolous Fee's, charges and new policies. Paypal sucks balls when it comes to complaints, and Ebay only allows for it now. I hope both fail miserably.

I highly doubt the Economy is at Fault, Ebay is second hand items most of the time. Second hand sales are up over new retail.

Me thinks Ebay would have plenty of Money if they had not shot them selves in the foot with the horrible policy changes and new pricing.

Quoted for truth.

How does the connection from 'ebay lays off 10% of their employees' and 'scalpers putting high prices on GI Joe' even work? Moreover, how does all of these people getting laid off affect the scalpers at all?

As of this moment, the search term 'gi joe' brings up 11,039 items in the Toys & Hobbies category. That's not even 25th auctions, but ALL Joes.

There are 939,817 total listings in the Toys & Hobbies category.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no good with math, but even I know a fraction of a percent when I see it.

That's JUST in Toys & Hobbies. The idea that scalper's prices on 25th Joe figures caused Ebay to lay off 1600 people isn't just unlikely, it's absolutely, outright, beyond any doubt, impossible.

The scalpers haven't learned any sort of lesson from this, because there's just no lesson to be learned. They aren't the reason for it, and they aren't touched by it. Business as usual for them.

That's JUST in Toys & Hobbies. The idea that scalper's prices on 25th Joe figures caused Ebay to lay off 1600 people isn't just unlikely, it's absolutely, outright, beyond any doubt, impossible.

That..........is why my brain hurt.

How does the connection from 'ebay lays off 10% of their employees' and 'scalpers putting high prices on GI Joe' even work? Moreover, how does all of these people getting laid off affect the scalpers at all?

As of this moment, the search term 'gi joe' brings up 11,039 items in the Toys & Hobbies category. That's not even 25th auctions, but ALL Joes.

There are 939,817 total listings in the Toys & Hobbies category.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no good with math, but even I know a fraction of a percent when I see it.

To be fair; that works out to be over 1% of the Toys and Hobbies catagory so it's clearly scalper related. :P

-

-

-

-

Seriously though, that really sucks for those people affected by this. I hope they will be able to bounce back soon, regardless of the current economic climate (not easy to do).

To be fair; that works out to be over 1% of the Toys and Hobbies catagory so it's clearly scalper related. :P

Hey, I warned you that I'm no good at math! @loll@

Although I could raise a defense that I phrased it incorrectly, and that I meant the 25th Joes would be a fraction of a percent. However, being that I'm working on an English MA, that would put down my skill in my chosen profession...

I think I'll just stick to sucking at math. :P

I got laid off from my job Tuesday thanks to the combination of the economy and Hurricane Ike taking out 40% of our customer base.

If you're happy about people losing their jobs, you can go to hell. It's not their fault people use eBay to sell things that you don't think should be sold...they were just trying to support themselves and their family. It's incredibly scary to be secure one minute, then have that all ripped out from under you. Grow the #$## up.

Ebay's been really good to me-- actually helping me to SAVE money on Joes because when it comes to multi-packs the site allows me to only buy the ones I want or else sell the ones I don't. I started selling recently, too, converting old stuff into quick cash to pay for new Joes. I'm sorry, but like FDR during the Depression, nobody's allowed to bad mouth the name of Ebay in my house! :)

Yes, that serves them right.

Not just because of the bad economy either, its all of those ridicuclus 25th anniversary GI Joe auctions flooding ebay w/ those skyhigh scalpers prices now has put a hurting on ebay. I saw one auction for a Target exclusive Rattler w/ a buy it now price of $1000.00, who will pay that kind of money, I bet some sucker out there will. ebays stock fell to a measly $9.00 a share.

Because, if there is a hell down below all of ebay, the scalpers, and the suckers who buy from scalpers are all gonna go strait to hell.

BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SCLAPER SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a fool. Ebay is the only place for most collectors to still get action figures not still on the market. Ebay is invaluable.

lldjslim is the most ignorant poster in the Joe community entirely.

Dam! i really really thought that title was mine! any other Joe community titles i could get now?????

TM