Cross Country In Two Weeks

alleyviperelite

I took part in Joecustoms Custom Celebration by creating Cross Country in less than two weeks from concept to final product. Let me know what you think.

Monday Oct 13, Day 1:

I decide to do Cross Country in V1 style with new sculpt parts (my favorite medium).

Tuesday Oct 14, Day 2:

Decided V1 was too goofy and based it off of the Battle Corps design.

0b088baa.jpg

Didn't like it the more I looked at it so I changed alot of parts.

5a253db8.jpg

Wednesday Oct 15, Day 3:

Got a lot of trimming and a little sculpting done at work that day.

2c48cffd.jpg

Did a quick MS Paint mock-up of the final design

277e4b17.jpg

Thursday Oct 16, Day 4:

Changed out the waist and finished the sculpting.

59ba5b45.jpg

Started painting that night.

3b5f0b03.jpg

Friday Oct 17, Day 5:

Finished most of the painting and reassembled the figure. Waiting on touchups. I decided against going with the leg holster.

d6969c29.jpg

And a profile shot because the height of the hat was questioned.

d239a53c.jpg

Sat Oct 18 and Sunday Oct 19, Days 6 and 7:

Took the weekend off from painting and awaited suggestions from the people watching my WIP. It was suggested he was too clean and needed to be dirtied up a little.

Monday Oct 20, Day 8 One week later:

Touched up the rough spots.

Did a little drybrushing and gave him a gun.

d0c9d8c7.jpg

I planned on giving him a nonfunctional toolbox but it was sugested that it would be good place to store his gun.

Tuesday Oct 21, Day 9:

Made a toolbox from an ammo box from another toyline, a bubble gum container hinge, an eel gun handle, and sculpey.

01ec603e.jpg

Wednesday Oct 22, Day 10:

Painted the box, made decals for the box, and switched pistols.

f8fe648f.jpg

f2bd7c88.jpg

91b7b0b0.jpg

DONE!!

You, sir, must be a Sorceror, because that if far beyond the normal realm of awesome. I always liked the Battle Corps Cross-Country, though he was one of my first customs since it didn't take me long to decide to take that darn redneck flag off his back with some nail-polish remover. Honestly, with such an ethnicly diverse team like G.I. Joe, it wouldn't have been long before Mr. Country found himself in a "friendly fire" incident with Stalker. If he was lucky, that is, and Roadblock didn't take the initiative first! @loll@