25th Anniversary Optimus Prime hits walmart

jjlecaros

$70

100_5574.jpg

oh thats lame at sdcc it came with the original comic with the original cover what dvd cover does it come with?.. its very tempted but Iduno about the price ...

it still comes with the dvd and comic

I thought I understood inflation... but didn't this figure sell for like $35, about 7 years ago?

Oh, wait, this has a DVD and a comic book. And a sound box thingy. Yeah, that justifies double the price.

@hmmm@

Seriously... what the heck?

You know, I have a mint New Year's Special Edition Convoy and am confident that that is the finest version of the mold ever produced, so I can't say that I really have a need for another re-issue. And more importantly, my wife wouldn't think so, either! :) That said, I was really impressed with this new version when I saw it at Wal-mart.

I think they pulled off the animated colors beautifully while keeping a lot of the old skool coolness with the diecast and especially the chrome (what the 20th A. Movie Prime should have had!). I'm also thrilled by how much better the shoulders look with tampo'd Autobot symbols-- stickers never stayed right over all those darn rivets! Everytime we're in the toy aisle, my son goes straight to that Prime and we're both sucked into flipping up the comic panel and playing with the awesome sound box. I've also noticed that, like the TRU re-issue, the box inserts would easily accommadate longer stacks if someone wanted to add custom ones.

The only thing keeping me away is the price, which is too much to spend on myself this time of year, no matter how neat the toy is. I had to see for myself, but now I can honestly say that I'd rather have this Optimus over the Encore version. He just has that much more to offer IMHO!

For that price you think they could of remolded the gun to actually fit Primes hand much better

I allways hated how he couldn't hold it better

He could never hold the skinny gun that Hasbro gave him later. His original 'fat' riffle, inherited from the Battle Convoy mold, always worked fine for me. New Year's Convoy came with both, so we know that the proper gun mold is still available.

I've also noticed that, like the TRU re-issue, the box inserts would easily accommadate longer stacks if someone wanted to add custom ones.

I just wish it would come with the original stacks period. However, I was unfortunate as a kid. I never had this toy. Are you saying that the stacks can be easily changed?

Even so, the price is too high. I'll pay $50, but that's it.

For that price you think they could of remolded the gun to actually fit Primes hand much better

I allways hated how he couldn't hold it better

He could never hold the skinny gun that Hasbro gave him later. His original 'fat' riffle, inherited from the Battle Convoy mold, always worked fine for me. New Year's Convoy came with both, so we know that the proper gun mold is still available.

Thats what I dont get about Hasbro... Give us New Year Prime and we would be all over it...

yeah honestly I think I'd rather put the cash to new years prime & get the only action master transformer release put out todate in my collection ... Plus you get the dark matrix as well with that :D

I've also noticed that, like the TRU re-issue, the box inserts would easily accommadate longer stacks if someone wanted to add custom ones.

I just wish it would come with the original stacks period. However, I was unfortunate as a kid. I never had this toy. Are you saying that the stacks can be easily changed?

All you need is a philips screw driver-- the customs come with instructions with little pictures that even I can follow! $10 CAN + S/H or else go to the store itself if you're ever in Vancouver. The stacks are made by the same people who did the long replacement stacks for 20th Anniversary Prime and the Chrome is actually better than what Hasbro puts out these days. Perfect for replacing short stacks or worn or broken ones on older, less fortunate Primes and Magni. Check out agesthreeandup.com if your interested.

I think that the problem with all US re-issues is that after the first wave at TRU (of Prime, Magnus, and "Rodimus Major") they jacked up the price so that it isn't any cheaper to get the Hasbro version than to import the Takara one, which is usually better anyway. No real incentive to "Buy American", especially if you live in a big enough town where the Japanese import shop with the Encore guys is right across the street from Target (as is the case in Seattle).

All you need is a philips screw driver-- the customs come with instructions with little pictures that even I can follow! $10 CAN + S/H or else go to the store itself if you're ever in Vancouver. The stacks are made by the same people who did the long replacement stacks for 20th Anniversary Prime and the Chrome is actually better than what Hasbro puts out these days. Perfect for replacing short stacks or worn or broken ones on older, less fortunate Primes and Magni. Check out agesthreeandup.com if your interested.

I think that the problem with all US re-issues is that after the first wave at TRU (of Prime, Magnus, and "Rodimus Major") they jacked up the price so that it isn't any cheaper to get the Hasbro version than to import the Takara one, which is usually better anyway. No real incentive to "Buy American", especially if you live in a big enough town where the Japanese import shop with the Encore guys is right across the street from Target (as is the case in Seattle).

The thing is we shouldn't have to do that

I never a got a New Year Prime

Why is he so different?

Why is he so different?

He is more cartoon accurate... Blue eyes and blue windshield... He came with extra stuff that sold me when I first saw it... A better gun, chain and Matrix, mouse pad, Action Master Optimus...

Why is he so different?

He is more cartoon accurate... Blue eyes and blue windshield... He came with extra stuff that sold me when I first saw it... A better gun, chain and Matrix, mouse pad, Action Master Optimus...

Friend, The New Year's Convoy is so great that truly he should only be spoken about among the fandom in respectful whispers! I b.s. not, for he is indeed the Prime of Primes. If you can't find better pictures on the fan sights, let me know, and I can post some pics of mine. When the spring-loaded missiles from his combat deck shot my then new girlfriend in the head, I knew it wasn't a coincidence. It was if she was chosen by the Convoy himself, and I later married her! :)