Problems with DCUC

supreme-d

So I figured I would make a thread where everyone can #$#@# about Mattel's DC Universe Classics in the same place. Aside from almost never being able to find the figures, here are the problems I've had so far:

A) Hal Jordan came with bald spots and his logo is horribly smeared.

B ) Nightwing came out of the package with a broken pelvic piece.

C) Robin came with the wrong part of Solomon Grundy.

And I haven't even bought series 4 yet. In fact, If I don't find a reasonable Captain Atom, I may just quit altogether. For these not being Wildstorm figures, I feel I have taken entirely enough of your #$@# Mattel. If you make me a Grifter figure, ill take it all back though.

no complains here, wish there was more supply in stores that aobut it

I'm not sure this thread will expand too much if we can't "#$#@#" about the lack of availabilty... I've never collected anything so oddly and randomly scarce. The reports of bad paint also seem to limit the online option IMO.

If by the end of 08' I have not completed waves 1-5, I will definitely hang it up...

P.S. Has anyone been to/seen any forums where Mattel has addressed people concerns? If so, please point me in the right direction #WTF#

Canada only got series 1 and nothing else :(

Mattel is making collecting hard by screwing the case ratios. We often get 2 of the same figures which doesnt have variant. (Series3, 2 GL while Sinestro and Deathstroke is the variant figure. And for series4, 2 Batman Beyonds while the variant Batman is a KB toy excl) I know there's a revised version or something but that one isn't evenly packed as well.

Mattel is not making is worse starting from series6 where they start repacking previous series figures.

So back to the topic i guess :P

1,Harley Quinn can't hold anything, torso joint doesnt work.

2, Sinestro, we all know what the problem is. Mine has some bad paint issues, the paint on the shoulder joint is falling off.

Other than being unable to find them, my only problem with the figures I already have (Wave 1 and Wave 2) is the loose legs problem. My Firestorm's leg is so loose it flops back and forth. I can get him to stand, but I'm not sure how long he'd stay up.

Honestly I've never had a problem with any of the figures I've got. I'm probably just lucky, but I've got good paint aps, not loose joints (leg, torso or otherwise), and pretty much everyone can stand up. I'm upset with availability, but it's getting better around where I live. I've been able to get all of wave one, all of wave two save Aquaman, all of wave three and so far WW and Ares from 4. When I grabbed Ares there was a Captain Atom and Cyborg there too. So I've seen the entire wave except for Bats. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I live in the right area of the country or maybe I'm just that good.

so far so good, the only problem i've had is with the left hand of series1 penguin, it's stuck and i tried the hot water trick and just can't get it to turn without ripping the plastic. otherwise, all of the figures including the BAFs look good and function the way they should.

so far so good, the only problem i've had is with the left hand of series1 penguin, it's stuck and i tried the hot water trick and just can't get it to turn without ripping the plastic. otherwise, all of the figures including the BAFs look good and function the way they should.

the best thing iv found to unlock hands and legs and so forth is just riggeling and jiggleing around the peice. up and down left and right or a lil cooking oil the jiggle it around or wd 40

1. Make the capes softer and less bulky.

2. My Green Lantern has somebody's black fingerprint smeared across his logo.

3. Sinestro ...Were they all made in one day? If Sinestro ever goes back into production, please have a guy standing at the end of the assembly line with a ruler. When the first batch comes out, he can say, "Whoa! These are too short! Let's fix this before we make any more!"

4. I wish that brain tentacle thing on Grodd was removable!

5. Firestorm has a white dot on the very tip of his nose.

6. Deathstroke's accessories look cheap and are ridiculously bent out of shape.

I had to pass on the wave two I did find in stores because of the bad paint job. Also, like everyone else, I can't find these anywhere at all. My Nightwing's head feels really loose and he has two left arms with correct hands. He also has some black streaks on his face and had some weird fuzz/stray hairs that look like they got stuck in the paint when the hair paint was applied.

This line has some great things about it, I just wish they weren't over shadowed by all this crap. We want to give you our money Mattel, make it easy on us!