Have we ever asked why the price increase?

Lady Jaye

If you want new figures, New Vehicles and new concepts too see the light of day, Quit complaining and spend the money. If you trully love your hobby, you will find ways to overcome price increases.

If you collected in the 80-90's then you know figs used to be 2.99-3.99 ea. Everybody had no problem buying crappy JVC fig 2 packs for 7$. Now you have one highly sculpted, Highly articualted figure with oldschool accesories for 7$.

The Extra money and extra cost, even if prices for production go down, mean a larger budget for new items and stuff.

Just buy what you like, but don't stop buying.

1: Vehicular filler: I display my figures and vehicles on separate shelves. I also don't army build vehicles, so when Clutch goes over to the figure shelf to join his buds, someone needs to drive the VAMP. Hi there, sixth Snake Eyes- guess what duty you just pulled! Additionally, sometimes you want to fill that extra seat or three, or the vehicle needs a guy to man the gun. I strip the weapons to go on those who come under-prepared, and 'soldier up' those otherwise undermanned vehicles.

Yeps, a good idea--- and my primary reasoning for telling my wife and kids that they can get me ANYTHING GIJOE this year for X-mas......even if I already have it. I'll just use additional figures for vehicle crews and it'll keep things easier for them when it comes time to shop, as Joes are fairly easy to find in my local area now.

Heck once you open them up they don't even hold their value anymore. Loose SW figures are worth $3 or less. Only the rarer ones are worth anything anymore.

Well, are you collecting because you like having toys to play with (in whatever manner you prefer), or because you want the MOC resale value? You really can't have it both ways here. Loose collecting isn't about resale value.

Actually, collecting in general isn't about resale value, as selling goes against the idea of having it... but one thing at a time.

Well Hasbro likes to stick me with the worthless figures when they make better updates. @grumpy@

Oh, is that the issue? I've found two wonderful uses for those guys:

1: Vehicular filler: I display my figures and vehicles on separate shelves. I also don't army build vehicles, so when Clutch goes over to the figure shelf to join his buds, someone needs to drive the VAMP. Hi there, sixth Snake Eyes- guess what duty you just pulled! Additionally, sometimes you want to fill that extra seat or three, or the vehicle needs a guy to man the gun. I strip the weapons to go on those who come under-prepared, and 'soldier up' those otherwise undermanned vehicles.

2: Custom fodder: Make that character you've always wanted, or the character Hasbro hasn't/won't get around to, or a version of the character you want to see (arctic looks have been in this year), or an original character, etc. Take a cue from some of the awesome customizers here and get the job done.

Best part is... you can do both. Pop the fodder into the vehicles, pull them out to use when you need/want them.

I'll grant that this may seem condescending, but that's not my point at all. I complain about useless repeat/apology figures that leave me with stuff I don't want all the time. My point is that even in those, you can find some redeeming value.

I'm building quite an impressive army of green shirts with my 'extras'. Seriously, it's really easy.

If you want new figures, New Vehicles and new concepts too see the light of day, Quit complaining and spend the money. If you trully love your hobby, you will find ways to overcome price increases.

If you collected in the 80-90's then you know figs used to be 2.99-3.99 ea. Everybody had no problem buying crappy JVC fig 2 packs for 7$. Now you have one highly sculpted, Highly articualted figure with oldschool accesories for 7$.

The Extra money and extra cost, even if prices for production go down, mean a larger budget for new items and stuff.

Sorry but I have to eat too. @smilepunch@

Sorry but I have to eat too. @smilepunch@

Thats what 1$ menu's are for mang!!!1!