Terminator Salvation Toys In 2009 From Playmates

JayC

I was finally able to track these down at K-MART today. I picked up the 6" inch T-R.I.P., T-700 and T-600. I steered away from the 3.75" inch collection. Don't like the smaller versions. Really diggin' the 6" inchers, however. Checked Toys R' Us and a couple of Wal*Marts for more but they still have nothing in my area. Overall I would have to say that the 6" inch line is way cool. Lot of fun. It's neat to see these types of action figures making a comeback. Been waiting for a new line of Terminator action figures for a long time.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the K-marts around me, it looks like there are 3x T-600, 3x T-R.I.P. (silver T-700), 2x black T-700, and one each of the others. My main concern now is the A-10 Warthog. Has anyone seen this one out? Toys R Us had it up for pre-order, but it's not there on the site anymore. I have yet to see it at any store, but it should have been on the shelves today also (I think April 19 was the official street date for both Star Trek and Terminator, but I've seen several stores break it for both). I was really looking forward to that A-10.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the T-1 and HK. I like them both, but they're nothing special. I think the action features with the firing missiles really hurt them. As do the extremely visible screw holes

i was about to get the 6 inch exco-sleketon figure (there was two) but these two fat long hair geeks two BOTH of them leaving with nothing @grumpy@ i was just a few steps away too--i was like --DAMN! so i checked out the 3inch figures...seems the 6inch figures are always sold out. @hmmm@

Anybody open their endoskeletons? Do the mouths close?? That gaping mouth thing is my only complaint....

no, unless you put the head in hot water till the platic softens--- then force the mouth to close maybe it'll close. -.- i found one of the 6inch terminator skeletons-- actually one left...so i bought it--yesterday-- i notice the arms are a lil still i knew if i twist them too much they;ll probily tear off-- i figure if i soften the platic i can rotae it fully, i did it to the right arm, but then when i did it to the left-sure enought the left arm ripped off >< *sighs fustrated* well its super glued on but damnit to hell man @grumpy@ its hard enough finding these figures...maybe i'll be lucky and find more...

Hi All,

Thought you might be interested in this review from a pre-screening og T4-Salvation that's just hit the net. Be warned that it does contain spoilers but it sounds like the movie is going to live up to its expectations.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40999

I am sooooooo looking forward to this.

I have just finished watching the SC Chronicles.

As for the Playmates figures?

I will get a few of the Terminators for sure but...

I'm more keen to get the Hot Toy figures, especially the John Connor and Marcus Wright figures.

The ONLY figure currently cleared by Christian Bale to use his likeness is the Hot Toys figure hence why the others are either masked or wearing helmets.

What the hell is wrong in my neck of the woods. I live in Phoenix and neither Toys' R Us, Wal*Mart or K-Mart have stocked these damn figures yet! I worry because it's a hit or miss scenario with collecting. I do believe that there will be a lot of the new Terminator Salvation figures released eventually, but I won't be able to find the endoskeletons because that is what everyone else is after.

THAT'S CRAZY!! The feature shop at the TrUs in my area are Terminator/Star Trek and they've both been out for a couple weeks before they reset the store. It seems like QC is a big problem on the 3.75" line. But it looks like it's just in the paint. I'm considering getting endoskeletons and spraying them with a chrome paint.

Picked up the 3.75 inch connor and HATED it....so I gave the line a second and final chance with the 6 inch t-600...great articulation (compared to the others in the line) so I'll probably get a Marcus now and maybe invest in the T2 Connor figure

so i get my 3 3/4 t-700 and my t-1 today and i must say, they are great. i got them threw the net so i havent realy seen what they look like but hell, i love them.i will get more. i will army build them but the humans look horrible so i am not real getting them. maybe i will try out marcus but not having a descent john connor bites me. so i think for now, i just take the machines. i readed that playmates has the rights for bales likeness but that they had no time to do it and that he will come in a later wave. i hope this is right. well just a few weeks before sdcc. maybe there are some answers. hope to see a little arnold in this line. when are the bikes coming and how about the harvester? any news on him?

My Wal-Mart only just got the Terminator Salvation toys in! :huh: (Yay Canada @can@ ) And of course, they get them in now when I'm strapped for cash. :( But, in any case, I picked up the 6" Silver Endoskeleton, and he is quite cool. He looks awesome on my shelf, posed beating the Red Power Ranger to death with his pipe. Yes, it's Grand Theft Terminator at my house... @pow@

Anywho, I'll be picking up the rest of the set in June when the bills are paid...provided the figures are still there, which is a good bet 'cause my Wal-mart has yet to sell a single Star Trek figure! (I bought my Star Trek figs from Zellars.) So hopefully these don't move either. @termibart@

TRU has the 3/4 figs 2 for 9.99 and the HK for 15.99!!! I picked up Marcus and a T-600 that I would have otherwise passed on because of this. I was content to wait until the HK goes on clearance at Target but 15.99 was a pretty good deal and I was getting impatient so I grabbed that as well....

Good call, domu! I have been trying to find the A-10 for weeks. I also wanted some extra HK's. I got a bunch of the Sabretooth/Wolverine w/ bike TRU packs when they were on sale for 2 for $11 a couple weeks ago to give to Toys for Tots. I don't know why TRU keeps putting these $20 items in their 2 for $10 sales online, but I hope they don't stop!