GI Joe Legos

Lt Falcon

So I've been playing Lego Batman, the video game, as of late, and I've already played the Lego Star Wars, and I started thinking about it. What would you guys think about a Lego GI Joe game. Plenty of characters and vehicles/accessories to fill a game. . . plenty of them, in fact. For those who have played the games, what would you guys think? Can't you just imagine a Lego Serpentor or Zartan. :P

I don't know if this is true or if it's true any longer but I'd once read that Lego was opposed to military themed sets. Yeah. I know. Pirates, cowboys, vikings, and stormtroopers are all okay, but they reject the military. Like I said, I'm not sure if this was true or not.

That being said, I'd love a Lego VAMP with a little Lego Clutch... and I'm talking about REAL Legos. I have no interest in a Lego GI Joe video game.

It would never happen ... cause I doubt that Hasbro would let another company like Lego do anything with their products........ Hasbro would rather try to develop it their own way ... and with the terrible sales of Built To Rule , they woun't try anything like that for a long time .

Never say never. Remember that Hasbro is now letting Sideshow do 12" action figures!

Hasbro shouldn't ignore the success of LEGO Star Wars, Batman, etc... and you are right that Built-to-Rule was crap, so you never know. With the movie coming out and with it, new and bigger marketing opportunities, they're going to be looking at as many ways to make money. Personally I think that the problem wouldn't be Hasbro marketing GI Joe to LEGO - LEGO might have more of a problem with the idea of making GI Joe products.

I don't know if this is true or if it's true any longer but I'd once read that Lego was opposed to military themed sets. Yeah. I know. Pirates, cowboys, vikings, and stormtroopers are all okay, but they reject the military. Like I said, I'm not sure if this was true or not.

That being said, I'd love a Lego VAMP with a little Lego Clutch... and I'm talking about REAL Legos. I have no interest in a Lego GI Joe video game.

You could always download Lego Digital Designer and design and purchase your very own VAMP! I'd started designing a HISS, but haven't worked on it in a couple of months.

I always thought Lego video games was bizarre.

There was a comedian talking about how lazy we are. So lazy we watch people play cards on television.

Now, instead of using our brains and imaginations to build objects out of Legos....we play with them ON TV.

Well, the Lego games are surprisingly fun. For anyone who has played any of them, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't picked one up yet, you might want to give it a shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

I don't see why Lego wouldn't touch GI Joe at this point. They already have guns, even dating back to their pirate figures, and Indy used them plenty, as well as the occasional tank. Star Wars has the blasters, and Batman includes a variety of weapons, including guns and batarangs, not to mention the always good ol' fashion beat down. :P WB/DC/Kenner/Mattel had the rights to Batman, and Hasbro had the rights to Indy, so obviously there isn't a problem in sharing that.

It's novel idea and could work if executed properly. The only problem I see is that G.I. Joe isn't as widely popular as Star Wars, Indy, & Batman. Perhaps after the movie (assuming it goes well) we might see it, but until then I kinda doubt we'll ever see anything of the sort.

Of course they'd also have to contend with some of the fans getting mad because of the way the game made fun of this one or that one. I think that's part of what makes the Lego games so much fun. They way they lampoon different scenes from the movies & such.

Doesn't Hasbro own the toy rights to Indiana Jones........well there was Indiana Jones lego's and an Indiana Jones Lego game. I know its an outside property but still........

Hasbro owns the "action figure and miscellaneous toy" license rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones from Lucasfilm.

Lego owns the uh...Lego/"Construction Toy" rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones under a separate license. This actually got cleared up a bit by LEGO when they were asked about making "army builder" packs of Lego clone troopers and such: They aren't allowed to create such a product, because packing just the individual figures and accessories without an accompanying "constructible" object would be too close to selling "action figures" and likely spark a lawsuit from Hasbro.

Hasbro could license G.I. Joe to Lego if they wanted to. However as noted, Lego seems to have an aversion to overtly military themes, and it's rather doubtful Lego would want to pay Hasbro for the right to make G.I. Joe legos.