MP Grimlock Up For Pre Order...

Nguyen_Dragon

"Haggisjin" writes that accessories allow for a "waiter mode," which explains the tray the figure is holding in dino mode.

"

WTF Waiter mode?... In what F***ed up japanese cartoon was grimlock ever a waiter ?! If anything they should have given him some accessory's from when he created the technobots

Ahem, Grimlock as a waiter happened in Season 3 from the episode "Transformers episode 79 - madmans paradise"

You can see this scene starting at time 1:20

Grimlock also comes with the brainwave transport from the first appearance of the Technobots as well.

WTF Waiter mode?... In what F***ed up japanese cartoon was grimlock ever a waiter ?!

That was in the American 'toon.

If anything they should have given him some accessory's from when he created the technobots

They did.

In one figure, they're not only giving collectors the all-around awesome warrior that is Grimlock. They're also covering 'goofy' Grimlock and 'character exposition' Grimlock, both seen in season 3. Maybe it's just me, but I like seeing classic episode-specific accessories that I'll hardly if ever use (like Prime's energy axe). It just adds an element of fun and assures me that this is made by geeks like me FOR geeks like me. :)

ok in what F***Ed up episode of the u.s. cartoon was grimlock ever a waiter ?... :D :D :D

It must of been something from season 4 ? or 5 ? or what not & there for a huge total of about 5 seconds :S LOL

really though I want to look this sucker up on youtube or something

ok in what F***Ed up episode of the u.s. cartoon was grimlock ever a waiter ?... :D :D :D

really though I want to look this sucker up on youtube or something

Um... look up about five posts. There's a handy link someone provided for just that purpose.

It must of been something from season 4 ? or 5 ? or what not & there for a huge total of about 5 seconds :S LOL

How long has it been since you watched the cartoon? @smilepunch@

There is no season 5, and season 4 was all of three episodes (The Rebirth). As I noted, both 'waiter' and 'Technobot creator' Grimlocks are from season 3. Now that you mention it, neither lasts more than a minute or two, so it's really hard to call one more 'deserving' of being recognized with an accessory than the other...

Hm interesting But would you know th episode he was in ?.. & yes its been a while since I've watched the cartoon :D Perhaps you want to "lend" me a good 60 bucks so I can buy the dvds ? :P

Honestly I think I'm with most people here remembering grimlock creating the tecknobots over serving drinks :S Though since they went out of there way to give him some more/better arm articulation it seems in dinobot mode I suppose it is a nice little extra all in all really ... but still in the end its rather pointless :P I'm liking the idea of a pvc wheelie or a crushed sharkticons base for him even more now :D . Really I don't care what they give him I'm just happy they are doing him!

Hm interesting But would you know th episode he was in ?

Why do you keep asking for information that is already given in this very thread? Again I refer you to the already-existing post, quoted below for convenience, which not only provides a YouTube link (with timing), but the season, episode number, and title:

Ahem, Grimlock as a waiter happened in Season 3 from the episode "Transformers episode 79 - madmans paradise"

You can see this scene starting at time 1:20

Grimlock also comes with the brainwave transport from the first appearance of the Technobots as well.

Additionally, you can find a picture and more information HERE.

The creation of the Technobots happens in the season 3 episode "Grimlock's New Brain", just in case you're wondering about what episode that's in. HERE is a TF wiki link for that.

Honestly I think I'm with most people here remembering grimlock creating the tecknobots over serving drinks :S

Maybe... but it's notable that both episodes were on the Rhino video "Grimlock the Hero". There's probably quite a few fans who are very familiar with both episodes as a result. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that's one of the reasons (although not the only one) why they made accessories based on those particular episodes. After all, when including episode-specific accessories on a figure you know will sell internationally, you'll tend to stick to the episodes that the greatest number of fans are familiar with...

They better not do anything with what they did with Starscream! I will shoot them all if they do!!! I hope they really learned there lesson on that. We want GRIMLOCK in scale with PRIME and MEGS! We want ALL of our MPS in scale like that! It's how it is and how it should be.

They made a lot of money from the Starscream mold, so I dont think they learned anything.

They better not do anything with what they did with Starscream! I will shoot them all if they do!!! I hope they really learned there lesson on that. We want GRIMLOCK in scale with PRIME and MEGS! We want ALL of our MPS in scale like that! It's how it is and how it should be.

They made a lot of money from the Starscream mold, so I dont think they learned anything.

They made some money cuz they used Starscream and the variety it could give them. But they could have made more if they did it right in the first place by 1) Keeping him in scale 2) Keeping him in his G1 colors (Minor issue).

It was a given this mold cuz be used as other repaint molds yes, but they still dropped the ball BIG TIME! A lot of people didn't even buy him because of the size ratio, including me. Trust me, they did learn, they heard all the complaints!

all I know is ....

I have takaras

MP

Op

Megs

& more than likely grimlock as long as they don't screw up the size & colors ... I'm really thinking they will screw up the size though :S then again maybe that is why the price is so high ?.. larger toys these days seems to = cost more as well ala hasbros shrinking BAFS :S

starscream & any of the other seekers I do not ... Honestly I count Op & megs as mp 01 & 02 & grimlock will be 03 if done right :)

They made some money cuz they used Starscream and the variety it could give them. But they could have made more if they did it right in the first place by 1) Keeping him in scale 2) Keeping him in his G1 colors (Minor issue).

It was a given this mold cuz be used as other repaint molds yes, but they still dropped the ball BIG TIME! A lot of people didn't even buy him because of the size ratio, including me. Trust me, they did learn, they heard all the complaints!

I agreed with you Khamla. To this day, I refuse to buy the Starscream mold! For me, it's not only the scale and color, but I just cannot stand that samurai thing on his waist. Sure it's detachable but there a ball joint sticking out as the figure wasn't designed to take out. I still love the first prototype where it showed the wing attached onto the leg. Oh well, it save me more money by not spending on MP Screamer/Skywarp/Thundercracker.

I'm not worried about the size or Takara messing up. If you look at the description it says Grimlock weights 7 lbs. By comparison, MP Prime and Megs weight 5 lbs. Starscream weights less than 3 lbs. So we can assume we are in good shape here with an inscale Grimlock or slightly oversized one.