Wave Five Vehicles! The STINGER!!!!

Neutron

Here's are the vehicles for Wave 5 as listed at BBTS.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...p;category=4590

The list features:

1x Ghost Hawk with Lift Ticket

1x Arctic HISS with Arctic Driver

1x Claw Glider with Stratoviper & Flak Cannon with Outback

1x Stinger Jeep with Stinger Commander

A few thoughts...

1. We've seen pics of the Ghost Hawk already and I'm really looking forward to this one. Not only is the vehicle itself pretty nifty but it looks like Hasbro put a little more effort into Lift Ticket than they did with that sad, kit-bashed Slipstream.

2. I guess we're all pretty sure the Arctic HISS is a white HISS but I wonder if the Arctic Driver is a new figure or a white HISS driver.

3. That third set is an odd one. This is the second time we're getting the CLAW ...or is it the third?... and they're pairing it up with the FLAK? Now I had the original FLAK and I liked it for what it was. I don't mind getting it again, but I can easily see this as a boring choice for a lot of people. I think this set is going to depend on all those Outback fans out there. I wonder if Outback is going to be a new figure of if that Breaker head is going to be trotted out again.

4. I'm really looking forward to the Stinger. I guess the Stinger Commander is going to be a different repaint than the Stinger Driver. I would've been happy with another Stinger Driver.

Wait why are we getting ANOTHER Ghost Hawk (with or without LIft-Ticket) already? We haven't even seen the FIRST damn one!

Arctic H.I.S.S.: Blah. Where the hell is the Wolf? Ice Saber? Ice Snake? Snowcat? Arctic Blast? Avalanche? Dominator?

C.L.A.W. with Strato-Viper: Cool! The C.L.A.W. is kinda meh since we are already getting TWO of them. Why not like a REAL jet for Cobra's primary (army builder) pilot?

F.LA.K. Cannon with Outback: Really? The F.L.A.K.? That was a stupid "playset" IMO. At least the Whirlwind or H.A.L. could be moved around (towed).

Stinger Jeep: This was a no-brainer, even for Hasbro. I wonder if this will be the same driver that came with the no-show Target H.I.S.S.

Wait why are we getting ANOTHER Ghost Hawk (with or without LIft-Ticket) already? We haven't even seen the FIRST damn one!

Isn't the first one with LT too? Sounds like it's just a carry-over from a previous wave.

Arctic H.I.S.S.: Blah. Where the hell is the Wolf? Ice Saber? Ice Snake? Snowcat? Arctic Blast? Avalanche? Dominator?

I'm in agreement... but I still want to see what they do to a HISS to make it 'Arctic'.

I'm liking that all of the figures come with 'new' figures, even though a good portion are probably repaints (Stinger Commander, Arctic Driver). We're not likely to get, say, all of Outback's accessories, but at least it's not a half-kitted Breaker or a capeless Serpentor.

Outback would have gone perfectly with the SLAM.

The Stinger sounds good and I would actually like to see the Stinger Driver with the short sleeves that the Cobra disguise Flint has. Pretty much that Flint colored like a Stinger Driver.

The FLAK/CLAW I mainly want for the figures. Too bad they did not throw another Cobra vehicle in so we can army build them. I would really like more than one Strato Viper.

The HISS I will have to see first. It could be that DCT HISS we were hearing about.

The FLAK/CLAW I mainly want for the figures. Too bad they did not throw another Cobra vehicle in so we can army build them. I would really like more than one Strato Viper.

It's too bad we have our moral conviction, or it would be all too easy to buy the Strato-Viper set, replace him with a lame VvV figure, and return him only to repeat the process as often as we'd like. But we're all above such things here, am I right? : )

Tom

It's too bad we have our moral conviction, or it would be all too easy to buy the Strato-Viper set, replace him with a lame VvV figure, and return him only to repeat the process as often as we'd like. But we're all above such things here, am I right? : )

Tom

I won't do that just because I am stupid enough that I would buy back the ones I did that with.

It would help get rid of all those VVV Wave 7 Gung-Ho's I have.

Isn't the first one with LT too? Sounds like it's just a carry-over from a previous wave.

I'm in agreement... but I still want to see what they do to a HISS to make it 'Arctic'.

I'm liking that all of the figures come with 'new' figures, even though a good portion are probably repaints (Stinger Commander, Arctic Driver). We're not likely to get, say, all of Outback's accessories, but at least it's not a half-kitted Breaker or a capeless Serpentor.

That's just it though. I don't think we really ARE getting "new" figures. They, most likely will just be the regular blueshirt, except in white. Not really new, just another member of the Rainbow Brigade.

im pretty happy with 3 of the vehicles they chose.. some quick thoughts:

the "Ghost Hawk" (Skyhawk) looked great, and so did Lift-Ticket. I am happy to have it.

The Arctic Hiss might be cool. But I hope the driver isn't a simple white hiss driver.. maybe a mix of the arctic jacket with hiss driver legs or somethin.

The Stinger is freakin great. But it better damn have its roof and doors! I am concerned with the "Stinger Commander" though. I'm guessing it won't be the same figure that came in the legions 5-pack, which is a shame because that's who it's supposed to be.

Now, the CLAW and FLAK are lame. Don't want another CLAW and never wanted a FLAK. They coulda went with a Snow Mobile, ASP, Ferret, Silver Mirage, Night Landing, Cobra Bunker, Devilfish, Hyrdro Sled, Recon Sled, Dreadnok Tricycle, etc... and those are just some cool items from the "classic" years. There are many more awesome neglected items from the later years.

I am actually pretty excited about the FLAK, unlike alot of people. It seems simple enough to produce, meaning if it is a success and if they still have the old molds, it could open up the doors to more in the way of 'old stuff'. The FLAK was one of the first Joe toys I got as a kid, and I'd be happy to see them keep it up with the JUMP set, HAL, etc...

Maybe they would even create a new mold for the Skystriker (old one lost/damaged) if this goes well, which would really kick butt!

The Arctic Hiss might be cool. But I hope the driver isn't a simple white hiss driver.. maybe a mix of the arctic jacket with hiss driver legs or somethin.

You know that would be really cool if they made figures that could fit into the Arctic environment squad. I'm betting the HISS will be white with a blue tinted cockpit cover or something like that.

But yeah.....a HISS driver with that Arctic Tele-Viper torso would be sweet. Arctic stuff is always cool.....no pun intended.

Pretty excited about the Stinger too.....that's one vehicle that I've always wanted that I haven't gotten my hands on yet.

What did the "Ghost Hawk" look like.......I can't remember anyone got a link to a pic?

Holy Crap! They look ridiculously good! I wish there was a better pic of Outback, but I'm super impressed with everything else! Especially that HISS! More exclemation points!!!!!!! !! !!!! !!!!!

Why does a tank driver need a parachute?

Well, color me happy! I'm curious what that rolled up deal is on the HISS, but I think they are just about what I expected. And the HISS driver is about what I would have expected also, though maybe his parachute pouch is where he carries his liquid Heet now ;)

Hope we see pictures soon

Pictures are up at gijoeclub.com. And i must say they are looking sweeter than I imagined.

BTW I'm new here and would like to say hello to all.

Welcome.

I'm also not sure what the deal is with linking to pics. So I will also say, go check the club site. Great pics are available.

Here is a breakdown of what we are getting:

FLAK w/Outback: A quick comparison to the original leads me to believe it is the same mold. I can't see any real differences or changes. The new one has more paint apps and is a lighter colour, but otherwise looks the exact same. OUTBACK has his full name "Stuart OUTBACK Selkirk" so I guess they lost that name as well. Thank god for creative legal naming. The figure looks to have a new head and web gear. He looks to have gloves as well. The rest will probably be parts of other figures. Overall he looks pretty sweet, and a must have.

CLAW w/Stratoviper: Well the third time is the charm I guess. Now we get a red CLAW instead of white. As well we get 2 bombs as well as the 2 missiles. The missiles are black, and the bombs are white. The red is a surprising good colour for this mold. I think it makes the CLAW look much better than the white. Yes it is still a chincy mold, but this improves it in my opinion. The STRATOVIPER is another favourite of mine and I am gald to see him. The figure looks to have a a new head and web gear/vest. The vest/web gear looks like it is just put on over the figure. Again, I'm sure the rest of the figure is parts. Either way, I love this figure.

STINGER w/Stinger Commander: WOW!! I loved this vehicle as a kid, and this one looks to be an improvement on the original and the new VAMP. It has the doors and roof, as expected. Then the "grill" is changed from the vamp to match the original (no bar lights). The gas can rack is gone, with just a bar and step platform. They took out the "pack on the hood and replaced it with a canister/tank?. Finally the nice little touch. They got rid of the removable shovel and replaced it with a gun!! That's a great little touch Hasbro. As for the Commander, he looks to be a straight repaint, but with a Cobra Bazooka soldier head and red mask. This is a must have for sure!!!

Arctic HISS w/Arctic HISS Driver: This one has me torn. On the one hand, I love the fact that we get a new HISS that isn't black, blue or crimson. On the other hand, I'm not sure how well this is pulled off. I like the white, but I'm not sure if I like it just being plain white, or if I wanted some sort of "camo" look. I think I prefer just the plain white, but I'll have to see it in person to be certain. I appreciate the change to the STINGER's missile rack, from the turret. It makes for a nice change, but I can't see the point in this when it basically means you transport a HISS all that way and it can only shoot 4 missiles and it's done? Again, I'm kind of torn, but I like the attempt overall. I really like the added rack with blankets. Again a nice little touch to add some variety. As for the Arctic HISS Driver. Again I'm torn. I think I would have preferred another Cobra Trooper (maybe Snow Serpent), but at least this isn't just a straight repaint. I love that he has winter gear and even binoculars!!! I like the paint scheme and think it adds to the ranks fairly well.