Who could they make cheap?

gojira77

I think whenever I try to guess what the next wave line-up is gonna be, Hasbro totally surprises me with a curve ball like the Para-Viper, Wraith, or Matt Trakker, who actually seems to cost the most to make because of all his new parts! @hmmm@ Anyways, we know how the Toy People like to hedge their bets and create the most recognizable characters with the least tooling costs, giving us combinations like Repainted Duke with Back Pack and Flint Head on Cobra Trooper Body. Fine, but this can sometimes work in our favour.

What yet unmade heroes or classic looks can be made on the cheap by Hasbro or perhaps that talented customizer? Name the favs from your want lists that could be made from the LEAST amount of new parts, including weapons and web gear.

I'll start-- Red-and-Tan Duke: an over-looked classic that would really look nice with the 25th Anniversary approach that captures the essence while turning down the neon! And they could make the guy, gear and all, from completely pre-existent molds: Snake Eyes Torso, TF Flint Arms, Trakker Upper Legs, Stormshadow shins, Trakker Knees & Feet, Roadblock vest (close enough), Spirit Knife, Iron Grenadier gun, Wave 9 Hawk Helmet and possibly Head or else Screaming DVD Duke Head. Heck, you can even throw in the DVD BAT's missile launcher if you wanted, too.

duke12front.jpg

OK-- you next!

They could make some real fan favorites with what they've already made:

Steel Brigade

Starduster

Ninja Viper (The Green/Teal one. That's the only one I call an actual N.V.!)

Claymore (They might be able to pull it off if they went with a Crankcase head. Just a thought)

Does it cost Hasbro much for the things like vests and web gear? They seem to get new ones in comic packs pretty often. At least if they can keep up making those new and heads they could get alot of guys easily.

It should not be hard to do guys like Recondo, Shockwave, Repeater or anyone with a basic uniform of button up shirt, boots and regular pants.

If you follow the formula for the RAH comic three packs they should have the parts for the Oktober Guard, or most of them except Horrorshow. Diana would be easy with the Lady Jaye body.

I'd like to see the diver Baroness body used to make Mara from the cartoon in her Cobra outfit. Just repaint that with a new head and change the feet.

A combonation of Lady Jaye and Scarlett could work for a female Cobra Trooper.

I think you could pretty much do anyone that doesn't require a specialized outfit, say, like Blowtorch or a correct pilot-suit Ace. Dreadnoks would be tough (though very welcome!) as they each have unique outfits, but the militaristic-types like Zap, Recondo, Ripcord, Leatherneck, etc could be done just by repainting and assembling existing body parts without too much unbelievability.