Would you buy G.I.Joe Universe?

gojira77

Tom-1's comments made my heart beat faster. I love the idea of seeing some of the more "hated" lines be dropped into a "universe" style line. Bring me DeepSix with his trusty Dolphin from Eco-Warriors, along with CessPool just to make it even.

Give me some Battlforce2000!

Give me some HARDCORP's figs, like Wetsuit and "DesertStorm" Duke.

Give me some D.E.F Bullet proof, Mutt , a Headhunter and Gristle!

Give me some STARBRIGADE ! Cobra Commander, Sci-Fi!

Throw in Some, M.A.S.K characters, Action team!

Then just to tease us, throw in some Battle Rangers figs from the cancelled line, and concepts from Attack of the B.A.T's.

But truly, dont forget the neon late 80's and 90's! We secretly love it! bring me Annilhator, Scoop, B.A.T v2, Frag Viper, Rock Viper, Tracker, Heavy Duty, TARGAT, Artic Stalker! make em all, we will probably buy all of em, wether we say we will or wont!

But truly, dont forget the neon late 80's and 90's! We secretly love it!

Yes and no. I love a lot of the characters and designs, but I can live with slightly muted colors on a lot of them. :)

Somewhat ironically, all the ones you mention are ones that I can see good (or at least logical) reasons for having the colors they do.

Mega-Marines, Battle Corps Firefly, pretty much all of Ninja Force... those are good examples of guys who can and should scale back on the brightness.

Please someone fill me in on this "Old Snake" from the TF cartoon? My curiosity is killing me.

To keep this on topic, I would buy a Universe line of Joes the same way I buy gas for my car. In large quantities and a couple times a week! Bring it on!

I agree with what everyone is saying.......but why do so many people want MASK with their GI Joe. I don't get it......why not just ask for MASK to come back by itself??

Personally, I just love that MASK is getting some attention/recognition, and I hope it does come back. I don't necessarily need/want it to be a part of GI Joe, but I think it would be great if Hasbro pressed the first 24 years of GI Joe molds into service to make new MASK figures (and even some of the vehicles).

I agree with what everyone is saying.......but why do so many people want MASK with their GI Joe. I don't get it......why not just ask for MASK to come back by itself??

Because integrating MASK into GIJOE makes GIJOE all the more interesting--and when its done officially, that's cause for some excitement, imo.

Simply put: MASK ROCKS.

Do I want GI Joe to turn into MASK? No, let's not be silly. But one figure - maybe two? Come on. It beats a recolor or a franken-joe... Hell, he is bothfor the most part.

The only real 'issue' I have is how MASK will be integrated into GI Joe mythos. Matt Trakker was a billionaire who privately financed MASK through his charitable foundations... they worked with world governments, but not for them. He was mostly motivated by the fact that Miles Mayhem and VENOM were using his late brother's designs for evil ends. Now, how that all fits into him being in a subordinate role to GI Joe is what puzzles me. Time will tell, I figure.

But we've had this discussion before. If Matt Trakker is taboo, then so is Bulletproof. If you don't like 'Spectrum', then you won't like what else Hasbro might have coming down the pipe. I for one welcome their efforts... anything to broaden GI Joe, I say. Oktober Guards, Headhunters, SKAR members, Max Steel or Doc Terror and his cyborg companion Hacker, ect. Bring it on.

Tom

He was mostly motivated by the fact that Miles Mayhem and VENOM were using his late brother's designs for evil ends. Now, how that all fits into him being in a subordinate role to GI Joe is what puzzles me. Time will tell, I figure.

Two words: Military consultant or private military contractor.

Like Blackwater.........but with waaaaaaaaaay cooler gear.

Simply put: MASK ROCKS.

Do I want GI Joe to turn into MASK? No, let's not be silly. But one figure - maybe two? Come on. It beats a recolor or a franken-joe... Hell, he is bothfor the most part.

The only real 'issue' I have is how MASK will be integrated into GI Joe mythos. Matt Trakker was a billionaire who privately financed MASK through his charitable foundations... they worked with world governments, but not for them. He was mostly motivated by the fact that Miles Mayhem and VENOM were using his late brother's designs for evil ends. Now, how that all fits into him being in a subordinate role to GI Joe is what puzzles me. Time will tell, I figure.

But we've had this discussion before. If Matt Trakker is taboo, then so is Bulletproof. If you don't like 'Spectrum', then you won't like what else Hasbro might have coming down the pipe. I for one welcome their efforts... anything to broaden GI Joe, I say. Oktober Guards, Headhunters, SKAR members, Max Steel or Doc Terror and his cyborg companion Hacker, ect. Bring it on.

Tom

I'm not hating on the MASK brand itself........I just don't get it........I'm all for bringing MASK back but just not at the expense of some cool Joe stuff. That's all I'm saying.......I don't care if its here or there....like you said. But I just don't want it keeping us from getting other cool Joe stuff.

Here comes someone saying "How will it keep us from getting cool Joe stuff" I just don't want a ton of MASK stuff taking over GI Joe......I know that's not what's happening but down the line is how I'm talking.

I wouldn't mind Extreme, VvV, JvC, or even Sigma 6......cause its encompassing all aspects of GI Joe....MASK is MASK.

Hey Rob, I hope you 'heard' my reply in a friendly, upbeat tone at all times. I wasn't being a jerk with you. : )

Heck, let me tell you, if I thought for a second MASK as a toyline might take over the 25th, I'd be miffed for sure. But as it stands, it's one figure dropped into a bucket of some 40 or 50 figures in one year... keep in mind, that's more product in a year than most any other Joe line I can think of.

Plus, think of it like this - if Matt Trakker was a 100% or even 80% new figure, sure, he took the slot of from Big Boa, or Recoil or Overlord. But he's mostly all Ace with some gear... I'd rather the recolored franken-joe be someone like him than them trying to push another figure who 'looks close enough' as a recolor on us.

The lines are coming out so swiftly and with so much to show for each wave... I really think we can afford to allow Hasbro to experiment. As always, the verdict will be delivered in the most accurate way possible: $$$

Tom

Hey Rob, I hope you 'heard' my reply in a friendly, upbeat tone at all times. I wasn't being a jerk with you. : )

Heck, let me tell you, if I thought for a second MASK as a toyline might take over the 25th, I'd be miffed for sure. But as it stands, it's one figure dropped into a bucket of some 40 or 50 figures in one year... keep in mind, that's more product in a year than most any other Joe line I can think of.

Plus, think of it like this - if Matt Trakker was a 100% or even 80% new figure, sure, he took the slot of from Big Boa, or Recoil or Overlord. But he's mostly all Ace with some gear... I'd rather the recolored franken-joe be someone like him than them trying to push another figure who 'looks close enough' as a recolor on us.

The lines are coming out so swiftly and with so much to show for each wave... I really think we can afford to allow Hasbro to experiment. As always, the verdict will be delivered in the most accurate way possible: $$$

Tom

Na, I knew you were being friendly.......but some people around here take stuff way too seriously. I know some people really want MASK stuff around here.....I just didn't want someone to take offense to me not wanting too much MASK stuff in the Joe line. I'm not crying about it I'm just saying........its cool here and there but.........well you saw my earlier post.

Its all good dude........ B)

Cool, Rob - I figured you wouldn't have taken offense, but you know how it is - emotionless internet text sometimes makes for the intense fighting words you can come up with. XD

Don't forget either than we're still getting a ton more GI Joe figures - Strato-Viper, Outback, Blowtorch, and the Resolute figures, which I bet will really be something. And, like many of our other upcoming toys, I bet there are alot more in store that we don't even know about set to launch before the film hits theatres.

Tom

I hope Trakker turns into a small line some day, It's a great bone to throw in. However with Hasbro usually thier bones are from a Dinosaur so I'm hoping "never a MASK line" is the same as " No such thing as a new Mullenium Falcon".

I dont necessarly like MASK in the Joe line, I like the concept of the integration of the teams. Makes sense and adds to mythos no one had thought may have been anything official.