Narnia Prince Caspian series 2 figures

rherk

I assume it's to coinside with the DVD release but I have only heard this from one source. He hasn't responded for my request of pics so he could be full of it but he had a list with number codes and everything. I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time finding these like the tail enders from POTC by Zizzle.

Y'know, I got really excited about Prince Caspian figures. I've read all the books with my kids at school, I loved the first film, and early pics online looked good. I even took my fifth-grade class to see Prince Caspian on their last day of school last year, and it was great. I was all set to collect the toys. Then I saw the actual figures in person. Ugh. Personally I was very underwhelmed. And I even saw a pic in an older Toyfare magazine of an unpainted prototype figure of Prince Caspian, and the detail was unreal. It looked like it was gonna be awesome. So what happened? Actually I didn't know if I was looking at the 3-3'4" sculpt or the 6" one. I might have given the 6" ones a shot if they were as good as that pic implied. Can anyone tell me? Are the six-inchers any count? They look pretty good. I wish Hasbro had retained the rights to do these in the same scale and sculpting quality as their Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures. Then I'd be all over them.

Well some looked pretty good, then some of them looked shoddy. And their proportions seemed off. I actually even bought King Peter, and he was okay, but he felt kinda cheap in-hand. The Prince Caspian figure looked like a hobbit. (lol) And in the two-pack of the faun and the centaur, the faun's elbow joints looked awful, like they'd break very easily. Now from what I saw of the six-inch figures, they looked pretty good. But I never bought any. Can anyone tell me if they're any good?

• 3 weeks later...

The books were great. The first movie was good. Prince Caspian was okay. I've only bought the one two-pack that had Caspian and the Were-wolf solely for the Were-wolf. I wish it was a little bit taller, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Also interested in any series 2 figures or any of the singles from the first series and the catapult. Check out my trade list at www.action-figures.ca/trade.htm or will buy. Drop me an email

The books were great.

Yes! I'd personally love to see The Magician's Nephew, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and The Silver Chair translated to film respectively, as these are my favorites, although I love them all. I understand Fox may be developing Dawn Treader, actually. Here's hoping...

Also interested in any series 2 figures or any of the singles from the first series and the catapult. Check out my trade list at www.action-figures.ca/trade.htm or will buy. Drop me an email

The toys are showing up like gangbusters at ROSS stores. So far I have:

The Castle - $18.99

Catapult - $4.99

Best 2 packs (Aslan/Lucy - Edmund/Gryphon) - $4.99

Narnia 3 packs (Edmund,Peter,Caspian & King Miraz,Telemarine,Trebouchet) - $4.99

^ inch figures (Peter,Edmund,Aslan,King Miraz, Minotaur) - $4.99 each

They come and go all the time. Check out your local ROSS Stores!

post-14418-1260817726875_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1260817850861_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1260817962451_thumb.jpg

post-14418-12608180224999_thumb.jpg

If you want to see more pictures of some of the Narnia toys I have, just go to the review site BUZZILLIONS.COM, and select Toys, and type in Narnia. I also have everything in a Photobucket Account, but don't really know how to link it anywhere. But I have it tagged (Narnia Toys, Prince Caspian Toys, Aslan Toys), if that helps. No profit or anything. Just want to share the photos.

post-14418-12610872962654_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1261087331919_thumb.jpg

post-14418-1261087364572_thumb.jpg

I found the 7 inchers at Tuesday Morning and I love them. I ordered the first series from toys r us, but the 2nd series with Tyrus and the Telmarine soldier were at Tuesday Morning. I even bought another minotaur and painted him white. I love them and want more of the telmarines they were only 5 bucks