Anyone in the same boat as me?

Barrock

I got into collecting figures around the time Hasbro took over Marvel Legends. I was lucky enough to complete Mojo before the figures became impossible to find in stores. Now I look back on the Toybiz Marvel Legends and can do nothing but want. There are some amazing figures that I'd love to have. Who wouldn't want a Sentinel? But now their impossible to get. 223$ for the entire wave, around 32$ a figure. @grumpy@ I'd love a Doctor Strange and a Professor X, but not for 35$ apiece. Juggernaut is amazing, but he's 89$...

Anyone else share my problem?

I got into collecting figures around the time Hasbro took over Marvel Legends. I was lucky enough to complete Mojo before the figures became impossible to find in stores. Now I look back on the Toybiz Marvel Legends and can do nothing but want. There are some amazing figures that I'd love to have. Who wouldn't want a Sentinel? But now their impossible to get. 223$ for the entire wave, around 32$ a figure. @grumpy@ I'd love a Doctor Strange and a Professor X, but not for 35$ apiece. Juggernaut is amazing, but he's 89$...

where you getting these prices from???

I didn't know I was sitting on a pile of gold

There are so many figures from the toybiz waves that I passed on. Now I'm regreting all those timess. I was able to catch up when I went to a KB Toys outlet in VA and an employee let me in the back. They had waves stored there for years. It didn't hurt to ask.

Hey man, check out my sale thread. I'll give you a deal on Dr. Strange an lots of other MLs.

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2057690

They're going to ebay soon though....

Sorry. Not in the same boat. Been collecting since Galactus wave. Glad to have you on board though. You do have some catching up to do. Some good figures you missed out on.

But honestly, some K-Marts around here STILL had Dr. Stranges sitting on the pegs. (K-Marts in my area are NOTORIOUS for refusing to clearance ANYTHING EVER it seems). But the prices seems to be a bit whacky. $30 for a strange? If you're an opener check ebay. You can score some good lots/open figures on there. Heck check different two forums Sale section. Sadly it seems like we lose an oldschool Legends collector every day. :(

But hopefully it will go to a good home. Happy huntin'!

I am not really much of a collector, I just grab what I like and display it. I love the toybiz legends. Hasbro gives Marvel figures a bad name IMO. I was lucky enough to get a modern armor Iron Man for $20 loose on ebay. It didnt even have the yellow painted around his back and on his sides. (is that a varient)

I started collecting the Toy Biz Marvel Legends line at series 4, when Gambit was finally released ( love Gambit ). I have almost all of the entire Toy Biz Marvel Legends line. Didn't get every figure because there are some characters that I didn't care for. I do have a completed Sentinel. By the way, how much is the Sentinel, complete going for now? The only one that I am missing that I would really still love to have is the series 7 Wolverine ( brown duds ). I love the way the claws were done on that version. Thats why I have been trying soooooo hard to find the new Red Hulk, Target Wolverine. It's the same figure just repainted. I like him in the black and yellow stripped costume as well. I also wouldn't mind having the variant. If anyone in these forums has an extra series 7 Wolverine or Red Hulk, Wolverine I would be willing to pay a decent but fair amount for him. :D

I only started collecting a little over a year ago so I had alot of catching up to do like yourself. However, I have overpaid for very few and I have gotten some nice ones at great prices. I had my best luck going to toy shows in my area. I live near philadelphia and they always have a couple of good shows a year in the philly suburbs. I went to one last October and bought a bunch of single carded baf figures such as prof x and doc strange as well as all of the sentinel figures and apocalypse figures. Prof x was only $5 and strange was $10. I do think I really got lucky when I found a loose Juggernaut with his base for only $10. Online stores such as toyglobe are wayyyy overpriced so I wouldnt give them any business. Look up toy shows that may be in your area, they consist of individual dealers with their own tables.

I only started collecting a little over a year ago so I had alot of catching up to do like yourself. However, I have overpaid for very few and I have gotten some nice ones at great prices. I had my best luck going to toy shows in my area. I live near philadelphia and they always have a couple of good shows a year in the philly suburbs. I went to one last October and bought a bunch of single carded baf figures such as prof x and doc strange as well as all of the sentinel figures and apocalypse figures. Prof x was only $5 and strange was $10. I do think I really got lucky when I found a loose Juggernaut with his base for only $10. Online stores such as toyglobe are wayyyy overpriced so I wouldnt give them any business. Look up toy shows that may be in your area, they consist of individual dealers with their own tables.

Eh I doubt they have anything like that in Louisiana. Sounds incredibly awesome though.

I dont have those issues where i live at.I live near a cheap action figure shop that sells the toybiz figures for 10-20 dollers a peice.Pretty kick ass place there walls have differnt sections of figures raging from marvel,dc,movie,ghostbuster,heman,star wars,tmnt, and gi joe.and the middle is filled with comics.

I dont have those issues where i live at.I live near a cheap action figure shop that sells the toybiz figures for 10-20 dollers a peice.Pretty kick ass place there walls have differnt sections of figures raging from marvel,dc,movie,ghostbuster,heman,star wars,tmnt, and gi joe.and the middle is filled with comics.

I need to track you down... @loll@

Eh I doubt they have anything like that in Louisiana. Sounds incredibly awesome though.

Also try flea markets, There is usually someone set up with toys, comics, etc. I have found some great loose figures just walking around not even really looking for anything in particular. Some individual dealers will set up there from time to time between shows. Those guys will usually cut you a deal if you are buying several figures, you just have to ask.

I get my older figures from EBay through a lot of patience and perseverance. You don't have to bid if the price for you is too high. There are other sellers putting the same figure up for bid. So you have to work it. I always look at the loose figures to get my needs. If you are into a sealed MOC figures, then good luck. You will pay higher price for sure. But then you could get lucky and stumble into a good deal. Best to buy on EBay when new waves are hitting stores and their is less activity on the site and everyone's saving their mony and out and concentrating on buying the new releases and something will fall into your lap! That is how I got the Juggernaut ($36) and Fearsome Foes Rhino ($15), two of the best sculpts ever. Now if I can only get my hands on Deadpool !!

• 3 weeks later...

I second the guy that goes to flea markets. I bought the following from a flea market over the past 2-3 years

carded ML

DEADPOOL- $5

DESTROYER- $10

DARK PHOENIX- $15

SILVER MOON KNIGHT- $5

SILVER SURFER SERIES 5- $3

ABOMINATION VARIANT- $5

BLACK SPIDERWOMAN- $5

TRENCHCOAT THING- $5

UNMASKED GREEN GOBLIN- $5

loose ML's (all 1 dollar)

cable series 6

kingpin face off

wolverine box set

beast

You can't beat this at all, I mean really a $5 carded deadpool, the best flea market find in my life

green goblin

I get my older figures from EBay through a lot of patience and perseverance. You don't have to bid if the price for you is too high. There are other sellers putting the same figure up for bid. So you have to work it. I always look at the loose figures to get my needs. If you are into a sealed MOC figures, then good luck. You will pay higher price for sure. But then you could get lucky and stumble into a good deal. Best to buy on EBay when new waves are hitting stores and their is less activity on the site and everyone's saving their mony and out and concentrating on buying the new releases and something will fall into your lap! That is how I got the Juggernaut ($36) and Fearsome Foes Rhino ($15), two of the best sculpts ever. Now if I can only get my hands on Deadpool !!

You can also try onlineauction.com and so many other sites that are just so much better for the seller and buyer.

Please help by boycotting ebay.

Thanks,

Tim

www.myspace.com/boycottebay

sweet zombie jesus on a pogo stick those prices are outrageous! OUTRAGEOUS I TELL YOU!!!

to bad you missed my buddys entire collection of legends minus a select few he put it on ebay only got 300 bucks for it the idiot. series 1-12 or 13 i think bunch of chases and variants plus the BAF and even some random figs from other lines.

I started with spiderman classics the pre legends ones and stuck with it till hasbro took over after that i jumped ship. i personally think hasbro took a huge dump on the line the paint apps suck. i have never ever purchased any hasbro marvel legends! ive though about it but never could bring myself to do it

Nah, I cannot say I share the dilemma, as I started collecting ML from its very start...wave 1 Toybiz.

Only had some challenges collecting the most recent waves, but I'm patient.

It really is a stellar toy-line and getting on board at any point in time means you can have some fun and enjoyment with it.

As far as prices go........just stay sharp and alert for any and all opportunities. Swap meets, like those mentioned above, can be a VERY good source of getting figures.

Because the Toybiz line has ended, there's "better-than-average" chances of getting older figures for a lesser price, because the interest in them will drop off over time.

Do understand that you WILL likely pay above the cost of original retail.......but that is true of almost any secondary market toys/collectibles.

Be patient, buy when you can afford and just enjoy the toys. IMO, Marvel Legends is one of the best, most exciting toy-lines made in the past 40 years, and certainly one of the toy action figure lines ever made.

I feel I'm not in the same boat but the one next to it when it comes to the latest waves of stuff which is not even showing up here in @can@ as arrow says it makes it some what more tricky to get a hold of :S don't even get me started on those darn BAF exclusive waves :S