Variant Wraith

DarthHavok

I haven't seen a post like this, so if it has been done, my bad.

How rare is the Blue Wraith? Just yesterday I received my BBTS shipment of this wave and lo and behold I am a recipient of a variant Wraith. Not that I'm complaining, but I Would have preferred to get a regular version. Then I thought... How lucky am I? On another post over at Hisstank, I saw a fellow who scored FIVE blue Wraiths and two regular. That got me to thinking...

Is he really that rare of a variant, and if so who else out there scored one?

If he's not that rare, being in the 50-50 or 60-40 percentile then I feel sorry for those who have paid upwards of $80 or more on this guy.

I haven't seen him yet, but some of the numbers I've heard make me wonder if maybe the regular one isn't the variant. From a production standpoint, the reduced need for paint apps would actually make it 'cost-effective' to make the 'invisible' one regular and the painted one the variant.

I haven't seen him yet, but some of the numbers I've heard make me wonder if maybe the regular one isn't the variant. From a production standpoint, the reduced need for paint apps would actually make it 'cost-effective' to make the 'invisible' one regular and the painted one the variant.

I have the same inkling. You're absolutely right about the cost of production. Time will tell I guess. I hope the painted version is not the variant or I'll have a hell of a time getting one.... Unless I snag one now while the snagging is good on eBay. Poor scalpers would roll in their mother's basements were I to score a painted version for $12 on eBay and have it turn out to be the actual variant.

Well according to ebay, everything listed is "rare"!!! Talk about a word that is just used too much nowadays....

No kidding. As pesatyel pointed out above, they are only just making it out. But I have seen several posts elsewhere citing ownership of a variant Wraith. Perhaps in the coming weeks we'll know for sure. Not to knock my fortune, but I didn't think I'd be receiving a variant.

And to other collectors take note... Perhaps this isn't as 'rare' as initially believed so before you drop serious coin on an eBay auction or other secondary market sale or trade, be sure that you don't get screwed. It would certainly suck if you purchase one for $60 (the average going rate on eBay) for one only to find out you could have scored one just as easily as the perceived regular version.

Well according to ebay, everything listed is "rare"!!! Talk about a word that is just used too much nowadays....

No kidding. As pesatyel pointed out above, they are only just making it out. But I have seen several posts elsewhere citing ownership of a variant Wraith. Perhaps in the coming weeks we'll know for sure. Not to knock my fortune, but I didn't think I'd be receiving a variant.

And to other collectors take note... Perhaps this isn't as 'rare' as initially believed so before you drop serious coin on an eBay auction or other secondary market sale or trade, be sure that you don't get screwed. It would certainly suck if you purchase one for $60 (the average going rate on eBay) for one only to find out you could have scored one just as easily as the perceived regular version.

Well, if you want a regular, I'll trade you straight up! (OR, naeem your price, so I don't have to go hunting for one)

-Kevin