More G1 Minibot Legends To Come...

Nguyen_Dragon

and they can repaint them in different colors as well. who was all in the line up outback, I can't remember now lol. Still waiting for goldbug too lol.

That's just it, most of the TFs in G1 WEREN'T straight repaints. A handful were, sure (Thundercracker/Skywarp/Starscream, Laserbeak/Buzzsaw, Eject/Rewind, etc.)

But I'm actually surprised how much they tried to change the various figures. For example Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen shared a mold, but they DID have some (albeit minor) changes. Prowl got lights

on top and Smokescreen got some fringe around the bumpers, for example.

But with the Minibots, the molds that got reused, they ALL got remolds.

brawn2.jpgoutback.jpg

Brawn and Outback.

Huffer and Pipes, Windcharger and Tailgate, Bumblee and Cliffjumper (technically), and Gears and Swerve.

These are smaller than old school minibots synch.

I wouldn't want them to have handheld guns; they'd be the size of wstf ravage! Way too easy to lose, and would be a choking hazard for kids.

That's not right. The Universe G1 Legends are generally a little bit bigger than the old G1 minibots.

and they can repaint them in different colors as well. who was all in the line up outback, I can't remember now lol. Still waiting for goldbug too lol.

That's just it, most of the TFs in G1 WEREN'T straight repaints. A handful were, sure (Thundercracker/Skywarp/Starscream, Laserbeak/Buzzsaw, Eject/Rewind, etc.)

But I'm actually surprised how much they tried to change the various figures. For example Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen shared a mold, but they DID have some (albeit minor) changes. Prowl got lights

on top and Smokescreen got some fringe around the bumpers, for example.

But with the Minibots, the molds that got reused, they ALL got remolds.

brawn2.jpgoutback.jpg

Brawn and Outback.

Huffer and Pipes, Windcharger and Tailgate, Bumblee and Cliffjumper (technically), and Gears and Swerve.

You are so right! That is what made them unique in their own fashion. I know their car mold was the same but the faces were different. I am glad you pointed out that picture. I need to find my outback.

The thing about unique figures in g1 (even though there were still a good number of repaints) is that hasbro didn't have to make any of them; they were already made, so I wouldn't really give hasbro much credit for that. Takara yes, but hasbro didn't really do anything special w/ g1 in that regard.

I have some cybertron legends and they seem a bit smaller than g1 minibots..maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to take them out and compare.

The thing about unique figures in g1 (even though there were still a good number of repaints) is that hasbro didn't have to make any of them; they were already made, so I wouldn't really give hasbro much credit for that. Takara yes, but hasbro didn't really do anything special w/ g1 in that regard.

I have some cybertron legends and they seem a bit smaller than g1 minibots..maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to take them out and compare.

True. But at the same time there really wasn't any reason to do that much alteration on them. Thundercracker and Frenzy didn't and they are both pretty popular characters, for example. Especially for toys as small as the mini-bots.

But they did and that says a lot. Especially if you compare to day where they just straight up repaint.

Brawn and Outback.

Cliffjumper and Hubcap, I think.

I think thats who he was refering to but forot the name

I actually blanked on Hubcap because he doesn't actually share a mold with either Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. They share basic internal parts, that's it.

Brawn and Outback.

Cliffjumper and Hubcap, I think.

I think thats who he was refering to but forot the name

I actually blanked on Hubcap because he doesn't actually share a mold with either Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. They share basic internal parts, that's it.

Really? I thought Hubcap was CJ with a new head.

Learn something new every day... I've learned my thing, so now I'm going to bed. :)