Clone Wars On CN

Wheeljack35

Once again the Star Wars forum dies a little more and looses another poster.

I'm with you! People having opinions different from my own sucks! To think that people could actually like this cartoon! Uhg! Time to find a new forum! F*** you guys!!!

@hmmm@

@hmmm@ @hmmm@

@smilepunch@ @loll@

Glad you are getting a nice laugh out of that.

All I am saying is that it would be nice to be able to talk about something I enjoy without the same group of people always coming in every other post after every epsiode to pretty much repeat themselves about how much they do not like the show and how pointless it is and how much of a waste of time it is and how George Lucas is an idiot and how it is ruining Star Wars. It is no longer fun for me even try to discuss how much I might like it or discuss what happned in it. There is no point in trying anymore because others are just going to tear it down.

It's fine to say you don't like it and have an opinion but does it have to be said over and over. Honestly if someone does not like it they can say it once and move on and leave everyone else who does enjoy it alone to enjoy it together.

It has gotten to the point where I do not even want to talk to anyone here because nobody else wants to talk about it anymore because all the negativity has ran them off. I can find another forum where people do like it and talk about it with someone who does enjoy it as much as I do. It's just too bad it can't be a place like here anymore.

It would be nice if people would realize that maybe too much negativity just drains the fun out of something for other people.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoah I didn't say I hated the show

I have my opinion like you do

People are going to have opinions

Alot here don't agree with me on Lucas moving on but I don't leave

If it bothered you that much you could of pmed me

I wouldn't be nasty like those people you posted about in GD

I only wished Lucas would move on and stop dwelling on this time

Hell I would of liked to see stories about Vaders apprentiss but its only a video game

Or more side stories After Episodes 45 and 6 ended he never dwelled on more of that civil war which if you think about it the clone wars are a civil war

Glad you are getting a nice laugh out of that.

Why are you taking this so personal, he's only joking, but he does have a valid point.

All I am saying is that it would be nice to be able to talk about something I enjoy without the same group of people always coming in every other post after every epsiode to pretty much repeat themselves about how much they do not like the show and how pointless it is and how much of a waste of time it is and how George Lucas is an idiot and how it is ruining Star Wars. It is no longer fun for me even try to discuss how much I might like it or discuss what happned in it. There is no point in trying anymore because others are just going to tear it down.

Who in this thread said Lucas was an idiot and ruining Star Wars? you're just making that assumption all because everyone isn't going bonkers over the CW like you are.

It's fine to say you don't like it and have an opinion but does it have to be said over and over. Honestly if someone does not like it they can say it once and move on and leave everyone else who does enjoy it alone to enjoy it together.

And yet you don't have a problem with expressing yours over, and over again and according to you the folks that enjoy them seem to be the minority here. Since this particular

site isn't like a specific fansite then pretty much everyone can express an opinion whether its pro-SW or anti-SW and still be decent and civil about it.

It has gotten to the point where I do not even want to talk to anyone here because nobody else wants to talk about it anymore because all the negativity has ran them off. I can find another forum where people do like it and talk about it with someone who does enjoy it as much as I do. It's just too bad it can't be a place like here anymore.

It would be nice if people would realize that maybe too much negativity just drains the fun out of something for other people.

No offense but a more honest and accurate assessment would be that you just simply have a problem with anyone who isn't pro-CW. I mean people

can discuss things and have disagreements in a civil manner. If you're going to allow the opinions of others to drive you off these boards, then its

safe to say that you have problems with accepting the fact that other people have different views and can equally express them just as much as you

express yours.

Once again the Star Wars forum dies a little more and looses another poster.

I'm with you! People having opinions different from my own sucks! To think that people could actually like this cartoon! Uhg! Time to find a new forum! F*** you guys!!!

@hmmm@

@hmmm@ @hmmm@

@smilepunch@ @loll@

@loll@

yeah man everyone here is just saying theres no real reason for you to leave unless you you're self want too all we have here that I can see is constructive criticism Its not like were all just says "booo it sucks!" :D & I think most of us here are enjoying some aspects of it at least be it flawed for whatever reasons we see ...

I like how we get to see things that happened between AOTC and ROTS.. Lots of stories and events could have happened in those 3 years.

And the argument of "we know how it ends up with the clones turning on the Jedi" argument is silly because we knew how Vader ended up but people were still interested in seeing how he got there.

Same with the CW, it is how they evolved between the 2 movies.

No one is disputing on whether or not other events happened within the 3 years of the Clone Wars, but those events aren't crucial to

Anakin's story unless he was involved in every single event which is not likely. The Clones turning on the Jedi argument isn't silly especially

when compared to Anakin's fall because we never knew under what kind of circumstances his seduction was under. Thats why people were

interested in the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. So tell me exactly why would exploring the Clones be so important considering that they

merely prove that they follow the whim of Palpatine and turn on the Jedi at the drop of a dime? unlike Anakin who is later redeemed with the aid of his son, there is

no payoff when it comes to the Clones turning on the Jedi.

This is all superfluous and thats not to say you can't enjoy the series for what it is or that

it has to be bashed, its just something that no longer needs elaboration after everything is said and done, now had this series been on between AOTC

and ROTS then perhaps it would be a different scenario, but this series is a retread of events covered in the first animated short, comics and to a

small extent the films, so why cover it again? IMHO the series has become stagnant by continuing to explore the same film related eras of SW rather

than take us somewhere new, eras that precede the Prequels or eras past the OT. What's wrong with exploring something new, something thats not

directly connected to Anakin Skywalker?

And that is your opinion.

I gave my opinion so please respect it as I will respect yours.

I like how we get to see things that happened between AOTC and ROTS.. Lots of stories and events could have happened in those 3 years.

And the argument of "we know how it ends up with the clones turning on the Jedi" argument is silly because we knew how Vader ended up but people were still interested in seeing how he got there.

Same with the CW, it is how they evolved between the 2 movies.

No one is disputing on whether or not other events happened within the 3 years of the Clone Wars, but those events aren't crucial to

Anakin's story unless he was involved in every single event which is not likely. The Clones turning on the Jedi argument isn't silly especially

when compared to Anakin's fall because we never knew under what kind of circumstances his seduction was under. Thats why people were

interested in the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker. So tell me exactly why would exploring the Clones be so important considering that they

merely prove that they follow the whim of Palpatine and turn on the Jedi at the drop of a dime? unlike Anakin who is later redeemed with the aid of his son, there is

no payoff when it comes to the Clones turning on the Jedi.

This is all superfluous and thats not to say you can't enjoy the series for what it is or that

it has to be bashed, its just something that no longer needs elaboration after everything is said and done, now had this series been on between AOTC

and ROTS then perhaps it would be a different scenario, but this series is a retread of events covered in the first animated short, comics and to a

small extent the films, so why cover it again? IMHO the series has become stagnant by continuing to explore the same film related eras of SW rather

than take us somewhere new, eras that precede the Prequels or eras past the OT. What's wrong with exploring something new, something thats not

directly connected to Anakin Skywalker?

And that is your opinion.

I gave my opinion so please respect it as I will respect yours.

Of course its my opinion doesn't mean there isn't some truth in

what I was saying. But fair enough, I respect your views, I just wanted to give detailed insight into mines.

And it does not mean that there isn't some truth in mine either.

I don't go around and force my opinions on others. When they are given they can be taken in whatever way that the person wants to take them.

And it does not mean that there isn't some truth in mine either.

Like? I was hoping you would expound some more, particularly on the relevancy of the Clones being explored as well as other facets of the CW in connection to Anakin's already told story arc, just curious.

I don't go around and force my opinions on others. When they are given they can be taken in whatever way that the person wants to take them.

I don't recall anyone saying you did, and I for one didn't force anything on you.

I've watched all four episodes that have been put out so far and I greatly enjoy all of them. I'm a huge fan of the Clone Wars era and really enjoy anything dealing with clones. AOTC and ROTS didn't have nearly enough interaction with the clones and they felt like lifeless background characters.

I'm hoping many of the recognized Commanders from Ep. III have screen time in the CW cartoon and we get more of a feel of who they are. And as far as shoving it in my face? Yes, please. They can shove as much CW love in my face as they want. I'm having a great time every week watching it with my three year old son.

He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader

The greatest villian in all of movie lore and we will never see him again onscreen

Darth Vader isn't the greatest villain in all of movie lore, Michael Corleone is @smilepunch@

The greatest villian in all of movie lore and we will never see him again onscreen

Wow Wheeljack; that may be the best and most ominous (if not depressing) Star Wars related post of all time. (lol) It's my new favorite.

Darth Vader isn't the greatest villain in all of movie lore, Michael Corleone is @smilepunch@

Oh please until he can choke people or kill younglings He is small time to the Dark Lord of the Sith

Wow Wheeljack; that may be the best and most ominous (if not depressing) Star Wars related post of all time. (lol) It's my new favorite.

I aim to please :P :P

Oh please until he can choke people or kill younglings He is small time to the Dark Lord of the Sith

@loll@ @loll@ you're right, it takes a real bad ass to kill some defenseless younglings and choke pregnant women, even Corleone had his limits.

Y'know, I'm beginning to realize that essentially, because of the new series, we're supposed to accept that Anakin was this great hero and all-around nice guy throughout the Clone Wars, and then he suddenly becomes this power-hungry murderer basically overnight?? It's easier to see his gradual fall to the Dark Side in the films. Lucas carefully crafted a great characterization for him in the prequels, and it's easier to see why he eventually fell. If he's not careful this new series is gonna undo all of that. Now I see where you're coming from Wheeljack...

I like the first Clone Wars cartoon series much better. It had the same edge and feel as the best Star Wars films, but it wasn't watered-down for kids, and you could still see Anakin's reckless and tempermental nature every now and then, instead of "Hey, you're doing a great job Ahsoka!!" with idiotic battle droids bumbling all around him. (lol)

Y'know, I'm beginning to realize that essentially, because of the new series, we're supposed to accept that Anakin was this great hero and all-around nice guy throughout the Clone Wars, and then he suddenly becomes this power-hungry murderer basically overnight?? It's easier to see his gradual fall to the Dark Side in the films. Lucas carefully crafted a great characterization for him in the prequels, and it's easier to see why he eventually fell. If he's not careful this new series is gonna undo all of that. Now I see where you're coming from Wheeljack...

I like the first Clone Wars cartoon series much better. It had the same edge and feel as the best Star Wars films, but it wasn't watered-down for kids, and you could still see Anakin's reckless and tempermental nature every now and then, instead of "Hey, you're doing a great job Ahsoka!!" with idiotic battle droids bumbling all around him. (lol)

It was hard to dislike the original cartoon because there was hardly any characterization, dialogue, or plot, or a lot of new characters to mess things up. They kept it super simple due and it really worked.

Yeah and the best example of that would be the duel on Yavin 4. So far to me,the new series is just taking ideas from the movies and recycling them.

so why is it none of the jedi other than anikin & yoda can seem to use the force ?.. Obi just lifted c3po up but he sucked at it :S Oh wait he also threw around some battle droids I'll give him a little credit for that ...

This was all around a good episode clone action or jedi action is what I want to see the rest of the seriees though ie the drama is just boring. I find the terms annoying as well like "clankers" & "Shinys" & uhm....

Oh I did love the "new battle droids" it was nice to see droids that are not idiots and morons ...