25th Collector Complaints

DarthHavok

A few things that seemed to have been missed:

I could be mistaken, but I don't see to much "where is figure X" complaints. I see a lot of "they should MAKE figure X" threads (a lot of "who would YOU like to see made" threads).

The other thing I think is being misses is, simply put: Heads. Hasbro has done a LOT of body reuse, no question. But one thing they also did was NEW HEADS. A lot of them.

Cobra Commander, Baroness, Scarlett, Kwinn, Clutch, Hawk, Stalker, Grunt, Zap, Flagg, Steeler, Scarlett, Breaker, Cobra Commander, Zarana, Zartan, Buzzer, Ripper, Thrasher, Flint, Hawk, Tunnel Rat, Bekhov, Diana, Shrage, Horror Show (well plus new torso and arms), Stormavik, Flash, Rock & Roll, Short Fuze, Snake Eyes, Desto, Duke, Roadblock, Firefly, Serpentor, Storm Shadow, "Gss Mask" Trooper, Lady Jaye, Dragonsky, Gorky, and Misha. Then there are also other characters like Red Zone.

of the 53 comic pack figures from 2004 to 2006, only 9 got reused heads. And that was just the comic packs. Lets not forget that several of them were complete body reissues with NEW HEADS (the Oktober Guard, the "gas masK' troopers, to create figures of established characters with minimal new parts being needed (ie. heads). What is the point? The point was, making the heads for all those guys, (especially considering the "second string" nature, if you will, of the comic packs) gives the impression that making the heads seemed to be a relatively cheap expenditure.

Again, what is the point? They could easily frankenstein new figures with existing parts and cheaply make new heads (which, I think, for most is a key feature). We've already SEEN it in action in some instances (the "screaming" Duke, the Hard Master and the handful of characters that are getting interchangeable heads like Flint, Beach Head and Destro), that we COULD be getting new characters with frankensteined bodies (look at Crank Case, for example).

And that leads me to a question I asked before (which was missed, I guess, I dunno). What is more important? The main reason, IMO, we see so many repacks/repaints is it saves money, even more so than "allowing consumers another chance". That is why we DON'T get the fixes (Duke arms) we ask for. Even more than the "core character" idea, I'm thinking too. Who ARE the core characters? Duke, Destro, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. And, no we don't see them THAT often.

The other thing about repacks is I'm not sure I believe the argument that there is such a LARGE segement of the fanbase that did NOT acquire them the first time around that we need repacks. That is the crux of the argument, that these repacks are NECESSARY because a siginificantly large number of fans "didn't get them" the first time around (I never saw more than a single Night Spector. Where are THOSE repacks?)

Unlike RAH, consumers DO have multiple venues for acquiring the product, primarily the internet (back in the 80s, we had, what garage sales and flea markets if we were lucky?). If you can't acquire them in store, your still able to acquire them online. And YES I'M AWARE that not everyone has internet access. But it DOES cut down on that "segment of fans" that "didn't get them" doesn't it?

What it boils down to is that they could easily give us a few more "new" characters, just by giving new heads (I mean WTF? They couldn't give Cutter a new head, just repainted Gung-Ho?), but they use the excuse of repacks because, ultimately, that IS the ultimate cheapness (and, no, I'm not saying that entirely negative).

Oh and the argument about "getting them all this year" that isn't EVEN possible. If we got ONLY new characters EVERY slot, it would take 11 waves (roughly) of singles AND comic packs, just to get ONE version of everybody we haven't gotten. 66 if you include every version of every figure.

This line is made for children

I disagree. We need to look no further than the packaging. Children do not care that the line is a 25th anniversary (the original 25-figures-and-that's-it scheme certainly wasn't kid-oriented), or that figures are based on a cartoon or comic book that (barring DVD sets) isn't even currently available. The new cartoon (which we will be receiving figures based on) has been referred to as PG-13. We can even see this in the individual figures- Dataframe/Mainframe does not come with floppy disks because those appeal to children.

Does the line sell to children? I'm sure it does. However, saying that it is made for them as though the fact that it sells to collectors is an afterthought... that's ignoring some of the more prominent aspects of the line.

I actually think you have some well thought-out statements here, and I probably sound like I disagree much more than I actually do. I think we both love this line, but disagree when it comes to the details of how it's being run- and with some of the details themselves. This isn't helped by Hasbro changing various elements at will and/or not clearly communicating with the fandom they claim to listen to. I do hope most of this comes off as 'debate' rather than 'argumentative jerk'.

That is what I was saying. I was at TRU today and I saw this kid, 10ish ALL excited about G.I. Joe. "DAD LOOK! ITS G.I. JOE! AWESOME!" He was pretty exstatic (he was looking at Rock & Roll if anyone was wondering). But he didn't care that said Rock & Roll liked like his version 1 figure. Just that it was G.I. JOE.

Of course he also said "awesome!" to those cheap "Hero" figures that are on the shelf next to the Joes....

Lets not forget that PARENTS are the ones who buy for kids. If a parent sees that their kid has Cobra Commander, they AREN'T as likely to want to shell out for Cobra Commander with a white stripe on his helmet or Snake Eyes in BLUE when the kid has Snake Eyes in BLACK.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I won't comment on any of this anymore since I have recieved alot of threatening pm's in the last few days because of what I have said.

So all of you guys can read this and rest assured that you won't hear a peep out of me about any GI Joe issues any more since it upsets you so much.

Whoa, Alot of Threatening Pm's? That is not cool at all. This should be just a simple discussion about, looks at the topic, 25th collector complaints.

We should all agree to disagree and be done with it.There is no sense in threatening anyone over this. We need to be more unified in this. So we disagree, fine great, I am happy for you. You collect what I want and you vice versa. Then we can move on to more important issues.

I guess I won't comment on any of this anymore since I have recieved alot of threatening pm's in the last few days because of what I have said.

So all of you guys can read this and rest assured that you won't hear a peep out of me about any GI Joe issues any more since it upsets you so much.

Whoa, Alot of Threatening Pm's? That is not cool at all. This should be just a simple discussion about, looks at the topic, 25th collector complaints.

We should all agree to disagree and be done with it.There is no sense in threatening anyone over this. We need to be more unified in this. So we disagree, fine great, I am happy for you. You collect what I want and you vice versa. Then we can move on to more important issues.

Agreed. There's been nothing expressed on this board that really needed to be taken to PM, and I can't even think of anything that could EVER warrant threatening someone over PM.

I don't care how strong a person's opinions are, there is nothing that justifies that behavior. No matter how obsessive someone may be about it, this is a hobby and we should be able to disagree and even argue with each other while all still enjoying the property.

That's just sad, and I hope BlackMada reported every last one.

Agreed. There's been nothing expressed on this board that really needed to be taken to PM, and I can't even think of anything that could EVER warrant threatening someone over PM.

I don't care how strong a person's opinions are, there is nothing that justifies that behavior. No matter how obsessive someone may be about it, this is a hobby and we should be able to disagree and even argue with each other while all still enjoying the property.

That's just sad, and I hope BlackMada reported every last one.

I do not know who even really sent them but I got three. None were from board members that I had heard of. One had two posts the other two did not have any. I read them, rolled my eyes and deleted them. They were all three worded different but similar enough that I could tell it was the same person doing it. Trying to make it look like a group is out to gang up on me. I did not report them, probably should have. I don't remeber what the names were to do anything about it now. I though it was pretty childish to do that. I think I have been reasonable. I have not said anything that would make it sound like I wanted to take anything from someone else but I guess others feel they need to take something from me and others.

I am going to be as nice and reasonable as I can here and explaine myself again. My point all along has been that no matter what Hasbro makes or why they make a choice they do in what they make there is some reasoning behind it.

All anyone has to do is read every post in this forum. A new wave is shown. Some like it, some do not, that is fine. I like some and dislike some too. If I don't care for something I might even say so. What gets to me is the ones who say I don't like that so it is wrong and should not ever have been done. How is that fair to the ones that do want it and like it. Why should some people get shut out? Reissues are good because beleive or not, and some apparantly don't, there are alot of use missing some figures and want the other chances at getting them. Some of us want Comic pack figures single packed, like Tripwire. Now I am not one of the ones that wants Tripwire again so I won't buy him but I will not #$#@# and complain and say go to hell Hasbro because of it because I did not get Crazylegs instead. That is the behavior that bothers me that I find childish and a but selfish.

We all have our want lists and there is some uncertainty that we might not get everyone we want but I wish people would be more understanding that not everything made is just for them, it is a little for all of us. Hasbro is trying to make groups of fans happy, even if they are small, instead of one large fan base. Whether you just want Comic, Cartoon, classic RAH, GVC, VVV, DTC, S6 or something brand new like a Para Trooper. Every base is covered. Even some people like upgrades like we have seen on some Cobra Commanders or even v1 Snakes Eyes.

Saying GI Joe has been around for 25 years so they should have been done right the first time here is ridiculous. No matter how long something is around there is always places to make improvements. So Hasbro made Dukes arms in a way most of us do not like, big deal. They did not know this until after he was in our hands and we decided we did not like it. How is that wrong on their part, they are not mind readers.

Just because something does not sell out right when it hits the pegs does not mean it never will, complain after they sit there a year. None of the figures have sat around that long, they have not been out that long. If one guy has been peg warming for two months, so what, are the rest doing that too or just that one individual figure. I have read some posts where some guys get mad that they miss out on new figures but turn around and complain when there are figures on the pegs they already have. Like they do not realize they are not the only ones collecting. There are others buying these so that is part of why they can't find them at first. Just because they got what they wanted does not mean someone else will not come along later and want them too. Why can't these people get a chance even if it is later than you did.

To put some of this more simply. When a new wave is shown I see people say hey Hasbro stop making Cartoon versions and just do more characters you have not gotten too yet, I don't care if anyone else was wanting those cartoon versions or not I just want what I want. That keeps getting said over and over by the same people, after every new wvae shown of single packs, comic packs or whatever. Look at that when you say it and think to yourself, how is that fair to anyone who did does want those. I'd like more new old characters too but I also want some of the other things made and even if I don't I am reasonable enough to know someone else does.

Those are my biggest gripes. I don't think I am unreasonable in saying these things. I just ask that some members be more understanding and realize there are other collectors too that should not be singles out. There is a big issue about whether or not the line will continue after the movie line. It's unknown right now what exactly will happen later but that does not mean everyone should get in a frenzy making demads and attacking other members and say nasty things about them because they are scared about whether they will get something. We all love GI Joe or we would not be here. Lets all enjoy GI Joe as a whole and leave the little disagreements behind.

If people want to voice an opinion on not liking something, fine, but don't demand it not be made and take that option of getting it away from others.

OK, i can understand where alot of this antagonistic behaviour towards the line is coming from. Fans are getting sick and tired with the actual crapness that the 25th has shown us. Its all repaints, duke arms and repacks. After a while it gets boring and fans don't buy.

Its simple, if you buy a single carded Tripwire, how likely is it that you'll buy the comic pack version? answer: not very likely at all. So thats why there's alot of pegwarmers and the like on the shelves now, because they're repacking and repainting figures that noone wants

OK, i can understand where alot of this antagonistic behaviour towards the line is coming from. Fans are getting sick and tired with the actual crapness that the 25th has shown us. Its all repaints, duke arms and repacks. After a while it gets boring and fans don't buy.

Its simple, if you buy a single carded Tripwire, how likely is it that you'll buy the comic pack version? answer: not very likely at all. So thats why there's alot of pegwarmers and the like on the shelves now, because they're repacking and repainting figures that noone wants

See, this is exactly what I am getting at.

You say people think its bad that mostly the new stuff is repaints, repacks and Duke arms and its boring. That is maybe someones opinion, thats fine but you are not seeing that there are people who DO want these. The fans are still buying them.

Look at the Duke arms issue. Is anyone in the "main" single pack line of the figures getting them still? Mostly it is the 3 packs and multi pack assortments. Those are made mnore as extras for us and because of that they get reused parts that are not that great and seem a little cheaper than what we might want. I think when Hasbro said they would do away with the old Duke arms it meant more like not use them on the major Dukes and some new characters, especially the new ones that are single packed because single packs get more attention that anything else. These exclusives could ven have been put into planning stages before they had the option of using the new Duke arms and they just missed out getting them.

You are right about Tripwire not being necessary if you already have the other one but are both Tripwires intended to be for everyone? No, not necessarily, alot of people passed on the comic packs because they did not want the Cobra Commander with him or they just wanted him single packed. Early on people said they would not buy the comic pack just for Tripwire. Hasbros answer to that was put out a single pack.

So reasoning like this is, don't do it anymore and screw whover did want these because I don't. At least that is how it sounds. I don't want the single Tripwire because I already have the other one but I won't #$#@# about it because I know someone else does want it.

When people say "nobody" wants this stuff you are speaking for yourself and not everyone. If everyone agreed with you this topic would not be here.

I love the repaints, and repacks. Heck i just spent 30 on the TRU SRO packs. Which is just a melee of reused parts.

Complaints are really not needed. Complaints go to Hasbro customer service. Asking for changes is direct criticism. Calling stuff crap because you dont like it, does not get the gears at Hasbro working. Threads asking what you would most likely want to see, or how would you improve this, help.

Best way to show hasbro you don't like somthing, don't buy it. I have been doing that alot more then whining.

OH GOOD LORD!!

I go away for a little while, come back and this is still the issue of concern around here......too much COMPLAINING and then gobs of even more complaining about the COMPLAINING???

Here's a rerun for ya...

I feel like I should be watching an old Sally Struthers commercial....

sallyrm8.png

atissuefo8.gif"so right Sally. Soooooo RIGHT! {sniff}

THEY'RE JUST TOYS! If your mother or somebody close to you MADE them, I'm sorry, but sometimes they suck and sometimes they don't. Nothing personal. Not everybody likes the same music, movies and sporting events either. I'm not about to go walking around in a robe, barefoot and on a peace keeping mission, trying to spread the word of peace and serenity in the action figure collecting world, touching you all on the forehead and wishin' happiness and contentment to engulf your soured toy collecting souls.

Hop in the sandbox and get a little dirty...it's FUN! If ya have ponytails we might pull'em but no need to go running off to tell mom and dad. ;)

Saying GI Joe has been around for 25 years so they should have been done right the first time here is ridiculous.

Since I'm the one who said that, I'd like to take a moment to say that I KNOW it sounds ridiculous, and to a large degree, that's WHY I said it. The comment was made in direct response to a statement that we need to be more patient because after thirteen years, the Star Wars line is (supposedly) giving fans everything they ever wanted and then some.

Just because something does not sell out right when it hits the pegs does not mean it never will, complain after they sit there a year. None of the figures have sat around that long, they have not been out that long.

Actually, I can still find Wave 1 Cobra Troopers at the local Wal-Mart. Also a few wave 1 comic packs (that's getting pretty close to a year), and the Cobra Legions set. Not that I don't think you're making a good point, it's just that you're generalizing a rebuttal to a generalization.

OH GOOD LORD!!

I go away for a little while, come back and this is still the issue of concern around here......too much COMPLAINING and then gobs of even more complaining about the COMPLAINING???

Git the paddle and whip some sense into these youngins, 'for they plumb lose all the sense they ever had.

OH GOOD LORD!!

Here's a rerun for ya...

I feel like I should be watching an old Sally Struthers commercial....

sallyrm8.png

atissuefo8.gif"so right Sally. Soooooo RIGHT! {sniff}

THEY'RE JUST TOYS! If your mother or somebody close to you MADE them, I'm sorry, but sometimes they suck and sometimes they don't. Nothing personal. Not everybody likes the same music, movies and sporting events either. I'm not about to go walking around in a robe, barefoot and on a peace keeping mission, trying to spread the word of peace and serenity in the action figure collecting world, touching you all on the forehead and wishin' happiness and contentment to engulf your soured toy collecting souls.

Hop in the sandbox and get a little dirty...it's FUN! If ya have ponytails we might pull'em but no need to go running off to tell mom and dad. ;)

I was wondering when you were going to show up @loll@

Actually, I can still find Wave 1 Cobra Troopers at the local Wal-Mart. Also a few wave 1 comic packs (that's getting pretty close to a year), and the Cobra Legions set. Not that I don't think you're making a good point, it's just that you're generalizing a rebuttal to a generalization.

Also keep in mind a good number of products are shipped over several months. Wave 1 comic packs were STILL being shipped through wave 4, and issues STILL are cycled in every now and then in newer case revisions. That's one of the problems with ALL of our "observations" is that NONE of us have the whole picture. Yes, your store still has wave 1 comic packs (so does mine), but are those really from January, or from a restock of wave 3 in May or such?

The cobra trooper reshipped last February with a wave 3 revision (of which my store still has Serpentors and Buzzers from), and again in limited numbers around May with a rerun of wave 2.

A product with a high restock rate often appears to be shelfwarming, similarly, just because something was initially released a year ago and still available, does not mean than the exact same toys are on the shelf. They just restocked with the same thing (though, the Legions boxset probably is getting a bit old...)

OK, so I got a little backlash for saying my opinion. Thats fine. Thats my opinion and just like everyone else, i;m entitled to it. Seriously, I am really and seriously bored of the 25th line.

when Hasbro announced it, we wee promised alot of big stuff, however, this has not been the case and things have been very lackluster in my opinion. The Duke arms were the first big problem and then it just got worse to me when Hasbro just kept releasing the same small bunch of figures and parts. Come on Hasbro, you can do better than this. Infact they did from 82 to 2006.

To me, it seems Hasbro has gotten lazy with the line, just like everything else they're doing. Thats just my 2 cents

OK, so I got a little backlash for saying my opinion. Thats fine. Thats my opinion and just like everyone else, i;m entitled to it. Seriously, I am really and seriously bored of the 25th line.

when Hasbro announced it, we wee promised alot of big stuff, however, this has not been the case and things have been very lackluster in my opinion. The Duke arms were the first big problem and then it just got worse to me when Hasbro just kept releasing the same small bunch of figures and parts. Come on Hasbro, you can do better than this. Infact they did from 82 to 2006.

To me, it seems Hasbro has gotten lazy with the line, just like everything else they're doing. Thats just my 2 cents

So you think 35 new or separate characters in 6 months is "the same small bunch of figures?"

I'd also note: The 82-94 line reused parts, too. Not to mention tended to give FAR LESS new characters per year. Like...maybe 20-30 per year. The new line has given us well over 50 in a little over one year.

Yeah, people are just whining for the sake of whining on this line, at least when it comes to characters.

I'd also note: The 82-94 line reused parts, too. Not to mention tended to give FAR LESS new characters per year. Like...maybe 20-30 per year. The new line has given us well over 50 in a little over one year.

Yeah, people are just whining for the sake of whining on this line, at least when it comes to characters.

Oh god, not this argument again. Just how often did they reuse parts, anyway? After the first wave of characters in '82/'83, almost everything was a new mold. Reused parts were a very, very tiny exception to the rule, and when it did happen, it was almost always something like an exclusive, a driver, or mail-away.

I will speak my peace on this issue then step away from the convo.

two years ago we were all pissed that the line was being pulled, then we complained about the RAH, then we complained about Sigma Six (both gone except for the last wave of RAH which is a club exclusive) and now we are nit picking the new stuff.

I say, I am happy overall, nothing is perfect, but at least I have new joes to add to my collection and the shelves are packed with them.

I have nothing to complain about.

Oh god, not this argument again. Just how often did they reuse parts, anyway? After the first wave of characters in '82/'83, almost everything was a new mold. Reused parts were a very, very tiny exception to the rule, and when it did happen, it was almost always something like an exclusive, a driver, or mail-away.

Or a Tiger Force, or a Python Patrol, or a Slaughter's Marauders, or a Sky Patrol.....

That's not even getting into the latter years of the line (Battle Corps/Star Brigade et al...)

I like how you conveniently ignored the overall number of characters, too. But seriously...find one mass-market action figure line that's genuinely as successful as G.I. Joe currently is, that doesn't do repaints, or reuse parts to some extent or another.

Go ahead...I'll be waiting. Because you're going to be searching for a looooong time.

I'm a little tired of this notion some collectors have gotten into their heads that the toy business itself should alter itself to suit their whims, in defiance of all common sense, much less any grasp of business sense.

WE NO LONGER LIVE IN THE 80'S. DEAL WITH IT.

lol, I didn't "conveniently ignore" anything - I just didn't care! Personally I could care less about "new characters" when they paint a Boston Red Sox logo on Gung Ho's USMC cover and call him Cutter.

I really don't care about other toy lines, either. So what if I want more quality output for the one action figure line that I do collect? Why is this something to get worked up about? I collect Joes, I discuss both what I like and don't like about them on a forum. Who are you to say I can't do that, unless it's all positive? Seriously, get over yourself.

This is the problem with these threads. A forum is for discussion - both positive and negative aspects of the topic at hand. However, time and again someone comes along thinking he's got some sort of toy collector philisophical high ground urging us all to be at peace with what Hasbro gives us, even if we think (heaven forbid!) there's room for improvement!

BTW, I believe I had already mentioned Tiger Force et al in a previous post - these were all figures that came out years after the originals, not weeks or months as seems to be the case of Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander these days. Still very much the exception to the rule.

So basically you're saying you think toy lines (specifically, any toy line you specifically like and collect) should operate completely without regard for how the toy business actually works in the time period they're being manufactured and sold?

Yeah, I rest my case. You're doing the collector equivalent of closing your eyes, sticking your fingers in your ears, and singing "Lalala I can't hear you lalala!"

Constructive criticism (read: "Get rid of those dang Duke arms!") is fine. Unfortunately there's precious little of that that goes on on these forums that I've seen. More like a fair number of folks that seem to think the toy manufacturing and sales business revolves around them, and then get upset when cold, hard reality slaps them in the face. Ah well, just another product of the instant-gratification times we seem to live in, I suppose.

Lemme put it this way: When criticism involves correcting errors on figures (diaper crotches, duke arms, paint apps, etc...) that's one thing. That's feasible and realistic and something that can likely be changed if people make their displeasure known.

If, on the other hand, your criticism involves making significant changes to the business model a company's been successfully using for about 10 years now...yeah, now you're grasping.

No, I'm not saying that, and I challenge you to find a post where I indicated anything of the sort, then you can "rest your case". I think what I have said QUITE CLEARLY is that no one here has the right to say "quit complaining" about this or that. This is a forum - it is meant for discussion, and it's going to involve viewpoints that you don't agree with. If you disagree with a post and feel strongly about it, go ahead and post a retort. I just hate it when people say "don't say anything at all", which is essentially what this thread is about.

No one is trying to give Hasbro business advice. However we ARE collectors and many of us, having seen what they can do with a BAT or Snow Serpent, are quite justified in expressing our disappointment for Flint with Duke arms, or Tripwire, or Televiper with the weird Viper hands, or Major Bludd/Zartan, etc. For every GREAT figure there's one that clearly hasn't had much work put into it.

I suspect that Hasbro, not quite realizing what a success the line would be, is clamoring to put more and more product on the shelves, so I tend to think of a lot of the reused parts/figures as a bonus, and that's fine, but you know what? As a collector, knowing full well that Hasbro DOES respond to fan criticism, I'm going to ask for a better version until I get it.

The whole issue of telling anyone to stop complaining i=has pretty much gotten out of control and was not was the real problem to begin with.

It all started mostly because some people are demanding that Hasbro stop doing things the way Hasbro does and do it more the way they want it done to suit them with no regards to those that have no problem with the way Hasbro is doing things. The complaining is more a problem because some people want to take away what others enjoy and do want, that is wrong.

Complaining about improvements like body parts or something is fine and everyone pretty much supports that but saying don't make so and so this way or colored that way or put it out a third time because "I" don't like it or want it singles out whovere does want it and that is not fair.

If you don't like it, don't buy it, even say you don't like it. But don't demand that Hasbro never do it again or you will pack up and leave. There are plenty of us to support things like reissues, repaints and mutliple releases of characters no matter how they show up again.

That main issue which is not that big of deal as long as people accept that not everyone likes what they do and just ease up on the demands that would deprive others of something they want.

What I am saying is not that hard for anyone to understand but it just gets ignored and keeps blowing up bigger.

OH GOOD LORD!!

Git the paddle and whip some sense into these youngins, 'for they plumb lose all the sense they ever had.

@haha@

I was surprised to see a topic about complainers still. I've been so worried about the economy...I guess I kinda forgot about G.I.Joe and Flints sucky arms?? @loll@ Come to think of it, maybe it's best to come BACK to the good ol' Hasbro bashin' and get off the U.S. Government bashin' for a while?

All I have to say is some people like cucumbers better than pickles.

If she takes one look at my pickle and decides she needs a cucumber instead, I tell her that's ok....I don't like it to touch the sides anyway!! @smilepunch@

@hmmm@ were you...talkin' bout...vegetables?

Saying GI Joe has been around for 25 years so they should have been done right the first time here is ridiculous. No matter how long something is around there is always places to make improvements. So Hasbro made Dukes arms in a way most of us do not like, big deal. They did not know this until after he was in our hands and we decided we did not like it. How is that wrong on their part, they are not mind readers.

True, but it is a kind of SYMBOL of a general problem. They know whe hate the Duke arms and as you pointed out, they stopped using them in the "main line", but only in the comic packs and "side" stuff. But the question is WHY IN THE HELL ARE THEY STILL USING THEM AT ALL when they have HOW many OTHER figures to use? I don't mean it to be shouting and antognistic towards you (or anyone) but to emphasize a problem that I see. Those arms still being used is an example of some lackluster quality control.

We can agree to disagree about the ability of the consume to acquire figures they missed the first time around. I don't believe it is as difficult to acquire them as believed. And I'm an army builder. But, again, agree to disagree.

and as yet nobody has STILL made a comment on what I said about the CHOICES of figures. The argument is that they are doing repacks "for us" so that we can "get what we missed" when there are PLENTY of figures that AREN'T getting the treatment. That's a bunch of bull.

As an example, the Walmarts, Targets and TRUS here are CLOGGED with:

Rock & Roll, Jet Pack Duke, Python Officer, Blue Baroness, Roadblock II, Wild Bill, Viper and H.I.S.S. Driver. TONS (metaphorically speaking) of them. I haven't bought a new figure in a month because there aren't any to get.

It is good they are giving the consume another crack. But why not some of the ACTUAL hard to find guys?

There IS one "comparison" I'd like to point out about the Star Wars vs G.I. Joe people like to use. YES the Star Wars line gets a LOT of new characters and molds and versions. Looking at the comic packs, the are FULL of brand new guys and, I believe new molds for them.

But what is the cost? I notice some figures have less articulation then they did back in 1978. Some don't even have leg articulation, for example, or the arms, while they have articulation, are limited to one or two set poses, so the articulation means little anyway. In other words, they have quite a lot less articulation then G.I. Joe, but the figures LOOK great (or how they are supposed to look in the context of their source material) Is it REALLY that much of a surprise that Hasbro can crank out Star Wars figures in greater quantity then G.I. Joe when most Joe figures have around 28 parts where a lot of Star Wars figures have half that (it amazes me that C3P-0, a major character in every movie has never had more than what 6 points of articulation since 1977. If I'm not misaken)?