25th Destro Question...

DarthHavok

Is there a color difference between the original 5 pack release Destro and his single pack counter part? More specifically, is the single pack cast in black or the same gray used in the 5 pack Snake Eyes?

I ask because when I purchased the 5 pack many moons ago the Destro wasn't black but gray like the Snake Eyes. Then when I saw the pictures of the single pack Destro, he appeared to be black.

Of those of you who have both and aren't color blind, is there a difference? I want the original Destro in black but don't want to pay a secondary market price unless I'm getting something different.. The DVD pack one is cool and all in an animated sort of way, but I would much rather have a figure that looked closer to the original RAH release.

Thanks -

Is there a color difference between the original 5 pack release Destro and his single pack counter part? More specifically, is the single pack cast in black or the same gray used in the 5 pack Snake Eyes?

I ask because when I purchased the 5 pack many moons ago the Destro wasn't black but gray like the Snake Eyes. Then when I saw the pictures of the single pack Destro, he appeared to be black.

Of those of you who have both and aren't color blind, is there a difference? I want the original Destro in black but don't want to pay a secondary market price unless I'm getting something different.. The DVD pack one is cool and all in an animated sort of way, but I would much rather have a figure that looked closer to the original RAH release.

Thanks -

It's the same figure/color.

this made me realize just how many Destro's we've received

5-pack Destro

SDCC Pimp Daddy Destro Gold chrome

SDCC Pimp Daddy Destro Silver chrome

wave 4 Destro

wave 5 IG Destro

wave 2 comic pack Destro

wave __ comic pack IG Destro

DVD set 2 Destro (cartoon accurate) <-- the best!

SRO wave 2 IG Destro

upcoming Pilot Destro

holy crap! And we though SE and CC were bad

this made me realize just how many Destro's we've received

5-pack Destro

SDCC Pimp Daddy Destro Gold chrome

SDCC Pimp Daddy Destro Silver chrome

wave 4 Destro

wave 5 IG Destro

wave 2 comic pack Destro

wave __ comic pack IG Destro

DVD set 2 Destro (cartoon accurate) <-- the best!

SRO wave 2 IG Destro

upcoming Pilot Destro

holy crap! And we though SE and CC were bad

Well, thats only 10 destros

Still not as bad as Cobra Commander who's up to 14

5-pack 1

Legions 5-pack

Wave 1 singles

Wave 4 (or 5) singles

SRO trooper pack

SRO CG pack

Battle Armor

Mass Device

Comic Pack Wave 1

Blue Suit

Black Suit

Comic Pack Wave 7

DVD pack 3

DVD pack 5

and only slightly worse than Duke whose up to 8

5-pack

Wave 4 ingles

Jet Pack

Tiger FOrce

SRO w Hawk

Comic Packs Wave 1

CP Wave 4

DVD pack 5

@can@

I'm glad I skipped the first 25th An. Destro altogether. The one in the DVD Pack is much better with a chrome head and great colors-- same mold, though, with the crappy hand and funny collar. But I think that's the best we're gonna set for a classic Destro, at least for now. I've always prefered his IG uniform, however, and that's one of the best figures in the whole line. If you're interssted in the DVD Destro (he's got painted green eyes!) and don't want the whole pack, maybe you can score a single figure cheap online or through a trade?

I think the best Destro is Iron Grenadier. But I really like the head of the comic pack one (painted eyes. He looks better that way). So I got the comic pack one (marked down at my Wal-Mart to about 7 or 8 dollars) and did a head swap.

Hmph. Then I am color blind, or at the very lest need to adjust the color quality of my monitor. I had looked at YoJoe.com and saw there were no variations, but I would have swore that he looked black like the DVD pack release in the single carded version.

Oh well, I'll deal with my dark gray 'Stro. I have the animated version and he is sweet, but I like the worn look of his gloves and the lack of light gray boots ont he original release. The head IS better n the DVD pack version, but a little head swapping action can clear that up.

Thanks all.