2 new 5-packs announced.

JayC

Big Bad Toy Store is taking pre-orders for the following new 5-packs.

Set #3 include Hawk, Lady Jaye, Flint, Snake Eyes, and Shipwreck.

Set#2 include Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, the Baroness, Zartan and a Viper.

I assume these will be straight re-releases, but thats not confirmed.

That would be great if they are giving us another shot at getting a V.1 Flint.....I know he's in a filler wave that should be hitting anytime but still.......its funny cause there is a ton of Tiger Force Flints warming the pegs here.

PP Viper would be cool though.......

The Joe set I like. I don't have a Snake-Eyes (yeah that does shock me alot), I don't have Ship Wreck, I don't have Hawk, and if it's a corrected V.1 Flint than that can replace my TF Flint. I don't mind the Lady Jaye. Can use tat as custom fodder.

Hmm...Based on these lists, these sets aren't for me... especially that Cobra set. I have all these characters.

Of course, I said the same thing about the Wave 7 comic packs when I'd only seen the list of the figures in those. Then after seeing the pics and seeing how Hasbro has tweaked a lot of those figures, I'm on board for them. Maybe they'll do something with these as well.

They also have a new wave of comic packs listed.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

1x Shockwave & Pilot Destro

1x Storm Shadow (Training) & Tunnel Rat

Wow! Shockwave and Tunnel Rat! Two of the most requested characters! It's too bad we have to choke down two of the most overdone characters to get them. I guess even Hasbro couldn't squeeze another Cobra Commander or Snake Eyes into this one. Pilot Destro though? Are we going to get a "pilot" version of every character now?

I sure hope that Shockwave isn't just that Firefly repaint every customizer out there is making for themselves.

Worse than that, Tunnel Rat could end up being a repainted Shipwreck. Hopefully he will have new legs or even new lower legs to make him shorter. Plus he should have the TF Flint arms and not Shipwrecks. I can live with him having Shipwrecks torso as long as everything else is different.

I hope Hasbro gets creative with these. Destro could actually be really good depending on how he is done.

Storm Shadow would go nice with the Snake Eyes that comes with the Hard Master.

Yes, we all have these or at least most of us do. But I like the idea. I wish they had as many re-releases when I was a kid. My kid brother and I were fans of Flint and Duke respectively and never had the original figures until I discovered eBay. At that point we were in our 20's. I can appreciate making sure kids/collectors get the figures they want. Keeps the line going and makes sure that fans are covered.

Nay-say all you like haters. Keeping fans happy and brining in new ones by re-releasing these figures is good business. To be sure there are peg warmers out there, but in my area they are far and few between. New figures are hard to come by except on rare occasion...I finally just found a Armored Commander tonight at a Wal-Mart in Mt. Prospect...Incedentally, they had v1 and v2 Snake Eyes as well as others...

Point is, Hasbro has to know what they are doing regardless of our opinions. If they didn't, they wouldn't be making money and we wouldn't be seeing new Joes.

I can see these clogging the shelves. Hell I can still find the original 5 packs....

I think the only way these will sell is if they FIX THE VIPER for one thing and if they give these guys NEW gear like they did with that Storm Shadow/Firefly pack. Or, maybe they will fix the flaws in those figures?

Yes, we all have these or at least most of us do. But I like the idea. I wish they had as many re-releases when I was a kid. My kid brother and I were fans of Flint and Duke respectively and never had the original figures until I discovered eBay. At that point we were in our 20's. I can appreciate making sure kids/collectors get the figures they want. Keeps the line going and makes sure that fans are covered.

Nay-say all you like haters. Keeping fans happy and brining in new ones by re-releasing these figures is good business. To be sure there are peg warmers out there, but in my area they are far and few between. New figures are hard to come by except on rare occasion...I finally just found a Armored Commander tonight at a Wal-Mart in Mt. Prospect...Incedentally, they had v1 and v2 Snake Eyes as well as others...

Point is, Hasbro has to know what they are doing regardless of our opinions. If they didn't, they wouldn't be making money and we wouldn't be seeing new Joes.

That's just it, we AREN'T SEEING new Joes. We have a wave with Blowtorch. We ahve those comic packs in the other thread and, now, we have these. WHERE are the new guys?

I can see these clogging the shelves. Hell I can still find the original 5 packs....

I think the only way these will sell is if they FIX THE VIPER for one thing and if they give these guys NEW gear like they did with that Storm Shadow/Firefly pack. Or, maybe they will fix the flaws in those figures?

That's just it, we AREN'T SEEING new Joes. We have a wave with Blowtorch. We ahve those comic packs in the other thread and, now, we have these. WHERE are the new guys?

Correction... We are. I have all sorts of individual Joes. The problem you seem to have, along with the rest of those complaining about not getting new figures is not that Hasbro isn't making new figures, It's that they aren't making them fast enough to pacify you.

We are getting a steady stream of new figures with each new wave...granted there are a couple of complete re-pack waves coming down the pipe which are less than appealing, but they still serve their purpose as fillers, missed figures and troop builders. It's only a matter of time before we get all the figures we want. I don't see this line going anywhere anytimne soon. Hasbro is making plenty of repaints and re-releasing plenty of new figures, but even in the old line figures were made and continually released from production runs of at least two or three years.

This is lack of patience, not lack of marketing on Hasbro's part. Every toy manufacturer with every toy line will have peg warmers and repro's. It isn't bad business making sure that everyone has a figure or that those who missed a figure get a second chance. Nor is reusing old molds to ensure that we do get a figure representation.

If it wasn't this it would be something else everyone would be complaining about. Relax and be patient. We'll get the figures we all want it's only a matter of time.

No new characters?

Let's See, in the second half of '08/Early '09 we've got or are getting:

BAT

Snow Serpent

Barbecue

Iron Grenadier

Tripwire

Lt. Falcon

Nemesis Enforcer/Immortal

Wraith

Para-Viper

Bazooka Trooper

Mutt & Junkyard

Croc Master

Matt Trakker (regardless of one's feelings on his inclusion, he's new)

Eel

Scrap Iron

Airborne

Quick Kick

Dusty

Cobra Diver

Ninja Viper

Blowtorch

Shockwave

Tunnel Rat

Deep Six

Leatherneck

AVAC

Slip-Stream

Lift Ticket

Hard Master

Mainframe/Dataframe

Clutch/Double Clutch

Steeler

Tele-Viper

Cutter

Starduster/Skyduster

That doesn't even include figures that are basically ground-up reworkings of existing characters (Pilot Scarlett, General Hawk v2, Cobra Disguise Flint, "Classic" Zartan). Or straight repaints that are new characters (Iron Grenadier Leader, Crimson Guard Immortal, HISS Driver Commander, "Green Shirts")

Either way, roughly 35 "new" characters in six months is pretty darn good for ANY toy line. Plus, if you actually break it down, there are far more individual characters than there are re-releases/straight repaints. Some people just don't want ANY re-releases or repaints or re-use of parts. But that's not a realistic expectation.

Got to say that the 5-packs aren't for me, because I have all the characters already. However, since they're being released around christmas, this is a great way for hasbro to get main characters out to kids at an affordable price without clogging the pegs with multiple singles.

Now the Wave 7 comic packs have me thrilled. Shockwave and Tunnel Rat! WOOHOO! Now I can pass on the GS 5-pack and hold out til early next year. I can't wait to see pics of these guys

@can@

Correction... We are. I have all sorts of individual Joes. The problem you seem to have, along with the rest of those complaining about not getting new figures is not that Hasbro isn't making new figures, It's that they aren't making them fast enough to pacify you.

We are getting a steady stream of new figures with each new wave...granted there are a couple of complete re-pack waves coming down the pipe which are less than appealing, but they still serve their purpose as fillers, missed figures and troop builders. It's only a matter of time before we get all the figures we want. I don't see this line going anywhere anytimne soon. Hasbro is making plenty of repaints and re-releasing plenty of new figures, but even in the old line figures were made and continually released from production runs of at least two or three years.

This is lack of patience, not lack of marketing on Hasbro's part. Every toy manufacturer with every toy line will have peg warmers and repro's. It isn't bad business making sure that everyone has a figure or that those who missed a figure get a second chance. Nor is reusing old molds to ensure that we do get a figure representation.

If it wasn't this it would be something else everyone would be complaining about. Relax and be patient. We'll get the figures we all want it's only a matter of time.

I think I answered this in the other thread you started. But I WILL say I haven't bought a new Joe (except the Rattler, but that's an exeption) in probably more than a month. The problem is that they are releasing some of the sme crap nobody really wanted the first time around. That blue Baroness or Wild Bill or Viper or Jetpack Duke. How about rereleasing some of the figures people ACTUALLY had trouble finding? Crimson Guard, for example (as in more than ONE a case. WTF?), Red Ninja, Firefly, Serpentor, Stinger Driver, Snake Eyes v2, Black Baroness, Grand Slam, Crankcase, Breaker, Stalker, etc.?

How about rereleasing some of the figures people ACTUALLY had trouble finding? Crimson Guard, for example (as in more than ONE a case. WTF?), Red Ninja, Firefly, Serpentor, Stinger Driver, Snake Eyes v2, Black Baroness, Grand Slam, Crankcase, Breaker, Stalker, etc.?

I HAVE to say something about the bolded selected characters:

Crimson Guard was shipped TWO per case in his original wave assortment. He is not only back on shelves in very revisions you are complaing about, but I've actually seen him on a regular basis. The last time Hasbro packed single troopers in more than one per case (Vipers, and some later revisions had 2 HISS drivers to offset his early HTF-ness, plus wave 3 revisions early this year and the Cobra Trooper) the very figures became pegwarmers according to a good many people here, not to mention my own observations.

Red Ninja, Serpentor AND STalker were VERY heavily shipped early this year in a wave 3 revision (along with troopers, the first Zartan, and Firefly), to the point my area STILL has Buzzers and Serpentors from that replenishment. I still clearly recall all the complaints about getting "the wave 3 revision instead of wave 5" complaints last February. And in Serpentor's case, the SAME FIGURE is being packed in with the Air Chariot, and another slightly different one is shipping in the DVD packs.

Snake Eyes v2 was shipped THREE to a case when the line launched last year. He was in EVERY SINGLE CASE until about November of last year. He was by far the EASIEST of the line to find in the first six months (granted, the line was in general was popular, but he was available in greater numbers than almost any other figure aside from the hooded Cobra Commander). And the figure is reshipping, again in the very thing you are bashing.

Breaker? He is STILL shipping in some cases of the comic packs AND he is in the Ram/Trouble Bubble set with a desired troop builder. You are asking for a rerelease of a figure that can be gotten easily. Hell, BBTS has his comic pack on sale for $5:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

In general, NONE of those figures mentioned are hard to find, truely. They just weren't released in the venue you WANTED