Sideshow 1:6 Scale Snake-Eyes: Best (i.e. cheapest) Place to Purchase?!?

JackTChance

As I'm sure most of you are aware, in the near future, Sideshow Collectibles will be releasing their amazing 1:6 scale (12"-13") figure of Snake-Eyes, which means that we will FINALLY have a large scale action figure that's truly WORTHY of the character himself, after many years of lame efforts from Hasbro. I mean, seriously, when was the last time you looked at one of Hasbro's 12" Snake-Eyes figures and said to yourself "Self, I HAVE to have that figure!" Personally, I can't think of one time that's happened. :(

The only problem with the Sideshow Collectibles Snake-Eyes is a simple one: It's $120! :blink:

Being a practical sort of fellow, I refuse to pay full price for something if there's a chance of finding it cheaper... and you usually can find these things cheaper on the internet.

I say "usually" because, in the case of this Snake-Eyes figure, the lowest price I've been able to find online after using various price search engines is about $105, $106... which is not nearly enough of a discount to satisfy me. If the figure had been solicited in Previews, I could pre-order it from the Discount Comic Book Service online store for at least 30% off... but it seems as though Sideshow and Diamond have not solicited it in Previews as of yet. :(

Just this week, I hit on what seemed like a winning game plan: Go to Best Buy and buy the BB Exclusive DVD Gift Set for Iron Man, which includes a $50 gift card good at sideshowcollectibles.com! SWEET! :D

Then I looked at the Sideshow site... Snake-Eyes is listed as SOLD-OUT on their site. You can't even pre-order the REGULAR version from Sideshow, let alone the Sideshow Exclusive edition, so that gift card would be USELESS for knocking the price down, since the gift card is only good at Sideshow's site. Good thing I found this out before purchasing that gift set. :(

So, I've hit a dead end. How do I find this figure online, where I can pre-order it, for a SUBSTANTIALLY discounted price?!? Can anyone suggest a retailer that is offering it for a 2-figure (below $100) price?!? Other Sideshow figures in this same scale go for more like $80, so it's really ridiculous that they're charging so much more for Snake-Eyes, and I don't want to pay a lot for this figure! :(

Any help here would be hot. :D

Next time just preorder it while you look around. You can always cancel.
Well, when I first checked all the prices online a couple weeks ago, Sideshow's website was still taking pre-orders for the regular version... the Sideshow Exclusive was, of course, already sold out even then. I didn't think the regular version would sell out on their site so quickly. @hmmm@

What I'm wondering, though, is if I could have pre-ordered it, then come back later on and applied the gift card. IF that would have been an option, and IF I had known in advance about the gift card in the Iron Man DVD set, I certainly would have done that.

But, what's done is done. Nothing I can do about it now except keep looking for a good deal.

Next time just preorder it while you look around. You can always cancel.
Well, when I first checked all the prices online a couple weeks ago, Sideshow's website was still taking pre-orders for the regular version... the Sideshow Exclusive was, of course, already sold out even then. I didn't think the regular version would sell out on their site so quickly. @hmmm@

What I'm wondering, though, is if I could have pre-ordered it, then come back later on and applied the gift card. IF that would have been an option, and IF I had known in advance about the gift card in the Iron Man DVD set, I certainly would have done that.

But, what's done is done. Nothing I can do about it now except keep looking for a good deal.

You can't use giftcards on pre-orders or wait list items anyway ;)

Can anyone suggest a retailer that is offering it for a 2-figure (below $100) price?!? Other Sideshow figures in this same scale go for more like $80, so it's really ridiculous that they're charging so much more for Snake-Eyes, and I don't want to pay a lot for this figure! :(

To be fair, Sideshow didn't just decide SE was going to cost $40 more for nothing. He comes with substantially more gear than most figures I've seen, and uses a completely new type of body which has better articulation than the old type they've been using over and over again (the figures that cost $80 use, that is). So yeah, there are some added costs there.

Sometimes using the wait list works, btw. I was on the wait list for the exclusive version and it converted, so looks like I'll be getting that little punch dagger!

And of course there's always Ebay after the fact. I've only just started with the Sideshow stuff but it looks like you can get a good deal after a products been out for a while.

And compared to the Hot Toys and Medicom figures out there going for upwards of $180 with few accessories, $120 IS a deal. Props to Sideshow for not only making what looks to be one of if not their best figures (and one of the best 1/6th scale figures in any market) so far AND staying competetive with pricing.