walmart ares wave

synch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know to everyone that this will probably come across as being a little over-dramatic but I'm DONE! Pretty much done with collecting at this point. Why? All because of the STUPID Target exclusive ( Red Hulk ) wave of Marvel Legends. There should never be this kind of aggravation when it comes to trying to find an action figure. I still can not find this wave at any Target, anywhere and it pisses me off to no end! Why in the hell does Wal-Mart have a ton of their Marvel Legends exclusives all over the place but Target nothing. What is wrong with Target lately? I came across the Ares wave at one of my local Wal-Marts the other day and didn't really like the majority of them in the set. The only one that I liked quite honestly was the Human Torch and I ended up passing on him ( which I am totally regretting now at this point ). I really love and want the Target Red Hulk wave. But, of course you can't find any trace of them. I've had enough.

I agree, but I won't be quitting. In my opinion if you're going to make a wave exclusive to a certain store, you should make damn certain that the store will have TONS and TONS of that line. Every single store. They need to be on top of that.

The Wal-Mart wave is just terrible, and really really feels like filler.

Thanks for your support. I'm just angry at the moment and needed to vent. I probably, more than likely will continue collecting ( just because when I find something cool I can't resist and have to have it ). A quick question. I've been thinking about picking up the Wolverine and Forge 2 pack since I can't really find the Ares wave Wolvie. Do you have that Wolvie and Forge? If you do, do you feel that the set is worth the purchase? At first I didn't really care too much about the look of the Wolverine, because the figure looks too tall. But after checking it out several more times I have started to like it. Plus it's the Wolverine and Forge drawn by Jim Lee and he is one of my favorite Marvel artists of all time. :unsure:

Arex wave Wolvie??? I think you mean Target wave.. and he is pretty badass.

the 2-pack Wolverine is BUTTUGLY. Seriously, don't even try to want it @lol@ its horrible

I know to everyone that this will probably come across as being a little over-dramatic but I'm DONE! Pretty much done with collecting at this point. Why? All because of the STUPID Target exclusive ( Red Hulk ) wave of Marvel Legends. There should never be this kind of aggravation when it comes to trying to find an action figure. I still can not find this wave at any Target, anywhere and it pisses me off to no end! Why in the hell does Wal-Mart have a ton of their Marvel Legends exclusives all over the place but Target nothing. What is wrong with Target lately? I came across the Ares wave at one of my local Wal-Marts the other day and didn't really like the majority of them in the set. The only one that I liked quite honestly was the Human Torch and I ended up passing on him ( which I am totally regretting now at this point ). I really love and want the Target Red Hulk wave. But, of course you can't find any trace of them. I've had enough.

I agree, but I won't be quitting. In my opinion if you're going to make a wave exclusive to a certain store, you should make damn certain that the store will have TONS and TONS of that line. Every single store. They need to be on top of that.

The Wal-Mart wave is just terrible, and really really feels like filler.

Thanks for your support. I'm just angry at the moment and needed to vent. I probably, more than likely will continue collecting ( just because when I find something cool I can't resist and have to have it ). A quick question. I've been thinking about picking up the Wolverine and Forge 2 pack since I can't really find the Ares wave Wolvie. Do you have that Wolvie and Forge? If you do, do you feel that the set is worth the purchase? At first I didn't really care too much about the look of the Wolverine, because the figure looks too tall. But after checking it out several more times I have started to like it. Plus it's the Wolverine and Forge drawn by Jim Lee and he is one of my favorite Marvel artists of all time. :unsure:

Arex wave Wolvie??? I think you mean Target wave.. and he is pretty badass.

the 2-pack Wolverine is BUTTUGLY. Seriously, don't even try to want it @lol@ its horrible

Hate this wolverine, and forge's alternate hand can't even hold a gun (but the figure is cool).

Long time collector here. Been a fan of Legends since about Galactus wave. I really want to like this wave. But sadly, I just don't feel like buying 8 figures just for Ares. :( I hate to put in my two cents on a wave I really have no intentions of buying other than two figures, but I have to at least semi-vent.

Collectors/fans are notorious for complaining. I've had my complaints in the past. Mostly with the two off-shot waves that had a LOT of Legends quality figures but were impossible to find (X-Men Classics Rogue, Avalanche, Bobby Drake variant of a variant and the FF wave with Dragon Man, Kang and Skrulls...yeah looking at you buddies). But for once I have to voice one small complaint. Don't get me wrong I'm glad to see Legends back on the shelves. But first and foremost, they really should have cut this wave down to 6 figures. I mean a BAF sword? A BAF helmet? C'mon Hasbro. Really? Seriously? We really didn't need Ultimate Warmachine. And... another Human Torch so soon. Being a FF fan myself, why THIS Human Torch wasn't in the Ronan series is beyond me.

Now onto the praise/good stuff: FINALLY. KANG. FINALLY.

I'm really glad to see they re-released Kang. A lot of fans have been waiting for that one. A lot of us back in the day were just a tad bit upset at how...well basically that figure was pretty much impossible to find. I'm mostly only interested in Kang and Crossbones. I am glad to see these are a bit more reasonably priced as opposed to the Target Exclusive Wave. Which sux though because I want the Target wave more than I want the Wal-Mart wave. Oh well, glad to see most are happy with this line, and I'm glad to finally see Legends back on the shelves.

All in all I'm glad to see Hasbro finally re-releasing some of the harder to find older molds. All we need now is for them to re-release: Dragon Man, Super Skrull and Bobby Drake and I'll be content.

Well I did it! I broke down and bought that Wolverine and Forge 2 pack. I actually like the Wolverine, for the most part. Granted, he's nowhere near perfection but at this point I am kind of desperate since I can't find the Red Hulk, Target exclusive Wolverine that I really want more. I also picked up the Ares wave, Ben Reily Spiderman. I think he is pretty cool for the most part. I just always have liked his costume. Happy hunting everyone! ^_^

I found HR Iron Man today at a walmart off of Roosevelt blvd in NE Philly. 2 down, 6 more to go. I went to 2 other wal marts nearby but they had nothing except row after row of hulk movie figs and spidey animated figs. There must have been about 10 hulk on the motocycle figures, unreal! I do agree that it does get annoying going from store to bloody store looking for these things. I just dont get why they stock so much of the crap people dont want and get so little of the stuff people do want. The person at the walmart told me today that they got only two cases and some joker bought one all by himself. Are these suits at hasbro and the retail stores stupid? Do they know what the word exclusive is? If they are not going to be responsible enough to stock the proper amount than they should no longer have exclusives. I sure wish hasbro didnt have a monopoly on marvel figs. If another company was allowed to manufacture them youd see a change real quick at hasbro. Those swine realize that though, sad but true.

I found the entire wave last week in the Evans, Ga. Walmart. On a sidecap. :D

Thinking about getting another Torch just so I can have a decent looking Johnny Storm fig.

WTF is up with the tiny Scarlet Spider???? Compared to the Target Spidey (which I think is all kinds of awesome) his body is lilputian, and his hands are small and girly.

I found the entire wave last week in the Evans, Ga. Walmart. On a sidecap. :D

Thinking about getting another Torch just so I can have a decent looking Johnny Storm fig.

WTF is up with the tiny Scarlet Spider???? Compared to the Target Spidey (which I think is all kinds of awesome) his body is lilputian, and his hands are small and girly.

Scarlet Spider gets no respect, I tell you. :)

If they did make a scarlet spider I hope they use a better mold than this ... or at least better hands!

Hey anyone able to help hook me up with a complete se t ?..

I actually like the Ben Reilly spiderman figure from the Ares wave. He's the only one I have gotten so far. I also really want the Human Torch from that series. Not to keen on the rest of the figures from this new assortment. The heroes reborn Iron Man just doesn't look or feel like Iron Man to me. The things protruding from his back make him look like some type of Iron samurai. His head is way too small and wouldn't look right standing next to my Toy Biz series of Iron Man figures. Back to the new Ben Reilly figure. I disagree about the length of his arms and hands. Granted I do wish that Hasbro would go over to the oldfashioned style of multi-articulated hands and fingers like Toy Biz did with their figures back in the day. The new Ben Reilly works for me. He also fits next to my Toy Biz marvel figures due to him being the right height and width. He's just the right size, shorter and thinner like Spider Man is supposed to be. Plus I have always liked the Ben Reilly costume. I also have the original Toy Biz, Spider Man classics Scarlet Spider from '02' ( still sealed ). I think that was a Kay-Bee toys exclusive at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I am a huge fan of ML, but now I am pissed. I picked up the Ares Legends, and only missing Crossbones and Vision, which are the two legs. After calling walmarts in my area for over 3 weeks, the new answer I got was that they are not caring them anymore. So I called hasbro, and the statement I recieved and I qoute is, "Those have been discountinued". WHAT THE HELL. They are out for a month and these are the answers I am getting. I am so angry. Anyone know anything els, please let me know.

OK, so I am a huge fan of ML, but now I am pissed. I picked up the Ares Legends, and only missing Crossbones and Vision, which are the two legs. After calling walmarts in my area for over 3 weeks, the new answer I got was that they are not caring them anymore. So I called hasbro, and the statement I recieved and I qoute is, "Those have been discountinued". WHAT THE HELL. They are out for a month and these are the answers I am getting. I am so angry. Anyone know anything els, please let me know.

.... I seriously hope you just got two assholes on the phone who didn't want to help. I have not seen hide nor hair of these and I will be PISSED as hell if that is the case

.... I seriously hope you just got two assholes on the phone who didn't want to help. I have not seen hide nor hair of these and I will be PISSED as hell if that is the case

I called Hasbro too today and the representative did confirm they are discontinued.

Buy them off Ebay while you can as I doubt the online stores are going to be able to fulfill those pre-orders!

I would say its true too.. Think about how scarce the Target Red Hulk figures have been...

Also, remember, that before the Ares wave, Marvel Legends were bombing everywhere. Walmart stores had to clearance all of their Hasbro Marvel Legends for 5 bucks. So they probably had pretty low confidence when it came to their exclusive wave.

These hit our area stores a few weeks ago I think.. every store got two cases, and NONE since. They do not have a place for Marvel Legends on the pegs, they do not have any tags for them.

So yeah, I would say they are done with them forever.

If you can find them for close to retail, I would say grab them now before everybody realizes that they won't be getting anymore in.