walmart ares wave

synch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just wow. So Hasbro was all like "of coarse we are going to re-release figures that were hard to find" (Vision/Kang) but I guess they forgot to say "they will be exclusive to one store and even then, you guys are screwed trying to find them, good luck jerks!"

I was just saying this morning that I am just about done with the whole Legends line, and I'd rather go and focus on the whole DCU now. I thought I could do both, but between getting jacked on the price, and being screwed over by a wave that should be easily available, I'm about ready to just step out. Thanks Hasbro! Thanks for taking loyal fans of the series, who have bought all the stupid/ugly Wolverines, Hulks, and Captain Americas, and who also helped keep this line alive by still buying it, even though, initially, the quality of the line sucked (see White Queen), even after all that crap we still buy it. And now once we start getting back to $10 ML, you say "screw you! Good luck finding it!" I am having a really hard time understanding why I should give a company who does this crap to us, the loyal fans, why I should give them my hard earned money. It's not about the money itself, but about being jerked around like this. I know it comes with this hobby, but damn, I live in a regular town and I have never had as much trouble finding things until Hasblow took over.

Man, what jerks!

One place you might find these is near the clearance area, because when scalpers are not able to sell these for 2 to 3 times retail, they return what they have not sold. I ran across two Human Torch figures at my local Walmart, which never even received any of this set. Or even heard of this set. There they were sitting next to the $2 Judge's Death and Ann O'Brien's. I di check the price and they rang up at regular price, I assume that some stores that do not have a spot for Marvel Legends just throw their returns in next to there clearance stuff so they don't have to reorganize their shelves.

One place you might find these is near the clearance area, because when scalpers are not able to sell these for 2 to 3 times retail, they return what they have not sold. I ran across two Human Torch figures at my local Walmart, which never even received any of this set. Or even heard of this set. There they were sitting next to the $2 Judge's Death and Ann O'Brien's. I di check the price and they rang up at regular price, I assume that some stores that do not have a spot for Marvel Legends just throw their returns in next to there clearance stuff so they don't have to reorganize their shelves.

those weren't returns. The case has 12 figures in it, there are two human torches, two Ironmans, two war machines, and two scarlet spiderman. So it's likely they were just leftovers.

And none of the stores here have a tag or shelf for them. They won't make a space for something unless it is on the PLANOGRAM, which tells them the toylines they are going to carry.

So they aren't carrying this line past the initial shipment it seems

I can't believe this....what the hell is going on?!?! making a stupid line a wal-mart exclusive and then after a while discontinuing it. somebody said on the other forum that toy collecting will drive you nuts...i guess its true. thanks Hasbro. good job! I was hoping to get a Kang and now its going be the same story like that Fantastic Four line. Hasbro sucks....big time! @pun@

Unreal, Hasbro really does suck serious ass! There is no room for ML on the shelves because the stores are all OVERLOADED with hulk movie figures. How many variations of the movie abomination do we really need??? I went to a walmart today and they muct have had about 50 different hulk movie figures in different areas as well as about 10 wendigos. It just shows you that hasbro is run by mental midgets. Overstock the stuff that doesnt sell and understock the stuff that sells in minutes. I think that this is an illegal monopoly, another toy company should have the right to produce these figures. If that were the case youd see Hasbro kissing our asses.

It's just Wal-Mart making sure they make a profit. As was said, the previous Marvel Legends waves burned them (at least it looked that way to us with all the clearance items). The same thing happened to the Marvel VS TCG. Upper Deck printed way too much product with past sets, and started printing only the minimum to turn a profit. With such little demand (as seen from previous waves), they ordered little product.

EDIT: blackcat2006, do you find these sets by going to Wal-Mart everyday, do you have an inside person, or do you buy them on eBay? I'm just curious as I had to go to Wal-Mart every night once news broke of these hitting shelves. I had found a sealed case when I got the wave. Since then the Wal-Mart hasn't gotten anymore.

those weren't returns. The case has 12 figures in it, there are two human torches, two Ironmans, two war machines, and two scarlet spiderman. So it's likely they were just leftovers.

And none of the stores here have a tag or shelf for them. They won't make a space for something unless it is on the PLANOGRAM, which tells them the toylines they are going to carry.

So they aren't carrying this line past the initial shipment it seems

No, these were returns by one of the local scalpers that I know of who will return items if they don't sell after a week or two. This Walmart never received any of these figures. I asked the lady in charge of the toy department and she told me that they would not be getting these nor had they received any in the past.

They might be restocked as Christmas draws closer. I've seen the whole wave at three different Wal Marts in the upstate NY area, each within twenty miles of each other. The first two were stocked up at the beginning of the month, and the third about a week or two ago. I think/hope they keep getting restocked for everyone because it is an awesome wave. Good luck!

Perhaps the reports of these waves "deaths" may be premature. From RavingToyManiac's Hasbro Q & A session posted today.

5. In the last Q&A session, you gave the collecting community the assurance that retailer exclusive waves for Marvel Legends would be readily available and easy to come by for consumers. There was some truth to that as I was able to build my Red Hulk figure after hitting multiple Targets over a few weeks, and I'm still seeing figures from the wave about. The same however cannot be said about Wal*Mart, which locally had received its Ares wave and was sold out in less than a 4-day period. It was through dumb luck that I got my complete set, but others have not been so fortunate, and many reports are confirming that Wal*Mart has these items listed as "non-replenish", a designation supposedly assigned to seasonal items and exclusives where local stores cannot make requests for re-orders, and instead have to take what is given to them, IF it even arrives in the first place. Now obviously you have no control over the distribution of these exclusives, but I'd like to use my question to hear from you guys as to what you think about this situation, especially when you consider that some of you are customers too.

Answer: The first wave of inventory sold through very quickly and reinforcements are on the way. Additional inventory has already shipped to Target & Wal-Mart & our expectation is that both waves will be readily available for the holiday season at their respective exclusive retailers.

Hurm.

Collecting Marvel legends is a no no for me. Can't afford it and we don't even have a freaking walmart in our country. I wish they did something like the Masters Of The Universe from Mattel are going to do, 1 figure per month, I could even pay $30 or even $35 for just one figure.

I miss the joy of collecting, it has become a frustration, for me at least.

I realize that Hasbro isn't always well liked when it comes to Legends, heck, I bashed Hasbro in the beginning too, but come one people! It isn't Hasbro's fault that Wal-Mart isn't distributing these to your liking. If it wasn't for retailers agreeing to buy these waves, they may have never been produced. Hasbro has heard our cries of displeasure over hard figures like Kang and Super Skrull, and Hasbro is giving them to us again.

I know you're upset at not finding these, I feel your pain, but stop blaming Hasbro for distribution!

why not in a way its there own fault for putting out such crap figures from the first few waves to start with... also there fault for not having better relations with said stores dispite what you may think it is indeed hasbros job to pimp this stuff out to said stores

things ake time and i notice that most people are impatiant...............the rumors of the ares wave cancelled got out pretty fast and most bit on it and now they all have egg on their face. just wait and eventualy u get them

These finally hit my neck of the woods. I’ve been waiting for quite a while for these to make it up here. The problem with Wal-Mart exclusives as opposed to nearly every other store is it’s so hit or miss what store might carry the line. The store in my town (Castle Rock) has never carried any Wal-Mart exclusive toy. I’m talking in the 7 yrs I have lived here, not one (and this is a huge super Wal-Mart). Yet some stores in Denver do carry the exclusives, sometimes. One store might have let’s say, this Ares wave, yet another might carry the DCUC wave, but neither will have both. It’s insane how they distribute things. It’s enough to make me think of quitting. Of course I wont, as I almost always find the exclusives (or friends here on TNI do for me), after a lot of work and hunting. I personally cringe every time a Wal-Mart exclusive is announced, as it’s another line of Figs I might or might not ever see.

I agree, be patient. I am now starting to see more and more of the Ares wave and Red Hulk wave trickle in. I was finally able to pick up an Ares Human Torch yesterday. The Wal*Mart I went to had nearly the whole wave on the shelf with the exception of Crossbones and the Human Torch variant. Just didn't have the money to purchase them all. The only problem that I am now having with these figures is the packaging. The blister cards that they come on are always bent and tore up. That makes it hard for me since I am a MOC collector for the most part. Every figure that I have seen in both of the exclusive waves have been jacked up to a certain extent, some more than others. Hasbro should go to the old Toy Biz style blister package. Happy hunting everyone! #US1#