walmart ares wave

synch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellas, just found the set a couple of hours ago in Kissimmee, I've been hunting for the "hard to f*%^$%# find" target wave but no luck. I had to order online for the Target exclusive. The Ares wave came as a surprise. I've been monitoring the forum and was paying attention to who's been finding the figs. I saw peeps from texas, from georgia, Tenesee. I figured They're probably in Orlando/ Kissimmee. BAM! found them. Though, they were 'nt on the sales floor but, there was a lady nice enough to look in the back in my local walmart. First batch, first bought.

Scarlett Spider: Would've been better if it was the Scarlett Spider. Hands did look a bit small like other peeps have mentioned. Still...Ok fig

WarMachine: Helmet doesn't come off and wasn't gonna purchase if it wasn't for Ares' head peice in the packing. Still...Ok fig.

Vision: Always wanted the TOYBIZ version but, very pleased with this one. Paint aps weere toybiz standard.

Kang: Wasn't one of my "gotta get figs" but, I needed more villains. I actually like theis guy. Seems like a reused mold cause theres a 2005 toybiz inprint on his inner thigh.

Torch: Sick freakin fig! I decided to buy the darker, more hotter version. Very pleased concidering it's my first torch in the ML line.

Iron Man Reborn: It's a good looking fig but, it's taking me a while to really accept this guy as IRON MAN. He's pretty slim for a guy in a suit compared to other ML figs. He could've been a bit bigger.

Guardian: Though it is a reuse body, I like this figure a lot. We need more Alpha Flight!

Crossbones: Didn't realize the reuse of Hulklink's body until I took off his vest. He looks menacing. I like him the vest and head makes the fig.

Now on to ARES: I thought BAF were more for characters sort of larger in scale. He's the same sacle as Crossbones. Good looking fig though.

All in all, nice wave.

does anyone here think that if you took the 4 of the torches they could make good for both invaders torches ??.. I just can't get over the fact that hasbro chose to give us yet again another torch figure over the invaders torches which these molds would have been perfect for :S they could have at least given us one new character in the variant :S Shakes head ...

yeah thats my point! the torches they used could have at least been a new characters since in the invaders there are two of them, one of whom becomes the vision ... which would have made even more sense having one of them be one since the vision is in this wave! :D

anyways........ ..... .... .... ....

Does anyone have the ?PLU? or whatever the heck you call it codes for each of these figures ?.. I'm going to try and take down some pictures of these and the codes or what not to the toy guy in walmart and see if he can't put any on order if I tel em I'll buy the case or something I doubt he will be able to do **** all though since I'm in @can@ even though we h ave plenty of walmarts here we never get the stupid ass exclusives :S

crossbones is using the hulkling body lol

I snagged the whole wave at Wal Mart on Friday night, they had just put two cases up. They came in a Marvel Legends shelf display and the lady working the section told me I could have it. I'll post some pics later, but have to say for now, these figures are awesome! It's definitely a great time to be a Marvel Legend collector!

Jeez. That Crossbones is way too tall.

The Ares looks great, Ben Reilly Spider Man looks fine to me aside from the hands. I like the older Vision fig better. I have yet to see a good Human Torch figure from TB or Hasbro. Kang looks fine, Iron Man looks fine except for the fact that the armor design sucks. War Machine looks better than the Ultimate Iron Man that they put out.

Jeez. That Crossbones is way too tall.

The Ares looks great, Ben Reilly Spider Man looks fine to me aside from the hands. I like the older Vision fig better. I have yet to see a good Human Torch figure from TB or Hasbro. Kang looks fine, Iron Man looks fine except for the fact that the armor design sucks. War Machine looks better than the Ultimate Iron Man that they put out.

I figure they are using better colors now for the most part

Got them the other day and just opened them. I must first say that the only reason that i bought all these figures is for the Ares figure. Which, I must say is a rip off since he is just as big as Hercules who was released as a WHOLE figure. The review:

Best of wave : Ares

2. Crossones - I think he is a little oversized, but still the second best figure

3. Vision - I already have the toybiz version, but this one is sleeker and a bit smaller

4. Kang - maybe undersized, but I have wanted him for a long time and was unable to get the toybiz version.

5. Guardian - a pretty basic figure, but well done.

6. HR Ironman - I actually like this figure, did not think that i would.

7. Human Torch - like I need another one, but still a good looking figure

8-9. Scarlet Spider/ War Machine - Crap. Spiders right are is stuck because of paint and won't move. War machine' s helmet won't come off, is it supposed to? looks like it. I really didn't want either of these figures.

I don't think War Machine's helmet comes off. Every post says it's stuck, and mine is stuck too. I assume it's because it's probably a black Tony Stark.

Someone posted a small pic on fwoosh, the helmet is glued on, and its just tony's head molded in brown plastic underneath.

I know to everyone that this will probably come across as being a little over-dramatic but I'm DONE! Pretty much done with collecting at this point. Why? All because of the STUPID Target exclusive ( Red Hulk ) wave of Marvel Legends. There should never be this kind of aggravation when it comes to trying to find an action figure. I still can not find this wave at any Target, anywhere and it pisses me off to no end! Why in the hell does Wal-Mart have a ton of their Marvel Legends exclusives all over the place but Target nothing. What is wrong with Target lately? I came across the Ares wave at one of my local Wal-Marts the other day and didn't really like the majority of them in the set. The only one that I liked quite honestly was the Human Torch and I ended up passing on him ( which I am totally regretting now at this point ). I really love and want the Target Red Hulk wave. But, of course you can't find any trace of them. I've had enough.

I know to everyone that this will probably come across as being a little over-dramatic but I'm DONE! Pretty much done with collecting at this point. Why? All because of the STUPID Target exclusive ( Red Hulk ) wave of Marvel Legends. There should never be this kind of aggravation when it comes to trying to find an action figure. I still can not find this wave at any Target, anywhere and it pisses me off to no end! Why in the hell does Wal-Mart have a ton of their Marvel Legends exclusives all over the place but Target nothing. What is wrong with Target lately? I came across the Ares wave at one of my local Wal-Marts the other day and didn't really like the majority of them in the set. The only one that I liked quite honestly was the Human Torch and I ended up passing on him ( which I am totally regretting now at this point ). I really love and want the Target Red Hulk wave. But, of course you can't find any trace of them. I've had enough.

I agree, but I won't be quitting. In my opinion if you're going to make a wave exclusive to a certain store, you should make damn certain that the store will have TONS and TONS of that line. Every single store. They need to be on top of that.

The Wal-Mart wave is just terrible, and really really feels like filler.

anybody want to sell their baf parts lmk

I agree, but I won't be quitting. In my opinion if you're going to make a wave exclusive to a certain store, you should make damn certain that the store will have TONS and TONS of that line. Every single store. They need to be on top of that.

The Wal-Mart wave is just terrible, and really really feels like filler.

Thanks for your support. I'm just angry at the moment and needed to vent. I probably, more than likely will continue collecting ( just because when I find something cool I can't resist and have to have it ). A quick question. I've been thinking about picking up the Wolverine and Forge 2 pack since I can't really find the Ares wave Wolvie. Do you have that Wolvie and Forge? If you do, do you feel that the set is worth the purchase? At first I didn't really care too much about the look of the Wolverine, because the figure looks too tall. But after checking it out several more times I have started to like it. Plus it's the Wolverine and Forge drawn by Jim Lee and he is one of my favorite Marvel artists of all time. :unsure: