walmart ares wave

synch

So its been said that this wave has been found already does anyone have up any pics or reviews of the figures yet ?.. I'm wondering how they compare to past waves & even the target wave which is said to be almost flawless :S

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its been said that this wave has been found already does anyone have up any pics or reviews of the figures yet ?.. I'm wondering how they compare to past waves & even the target wave which is said to be almost flawless :S

Picked up Ultimate War Machine and Human Torch this morning. Passed on the

Scarlet Spider. It didnt look good. Almost thought someone swapped it out with

a bootleg. Coulda just been that one.

$10.44 US. Cheaper than Target but also has 8 figures vs. 6. Right now i like

the Target wave bette but i'll have to see the other figs. Wish it were a smaller

set though. I mean seriously...Helmet and Swords a BAF piece.

areswave.jpg

don't tel me the swords count as a baf part? One thing that annoys me most about this wave is the human torches, we don't really need another of this figure they should have been the invaders torches or at least one of them! With the vision being in this wave it would have been a really nice touch as well imo!

Picked up Ultimate War Machine and Human Torch this morning. Passed on the

Scarlet Spider. It didnt look good. Almost thought someone swapped it out with

a bootleg. Coulda just been that one.

$10.44 US. Cheaper than Target but also has 8 figures vs. 6. Right now i like

the Target wave bette but i'll have to see the other figs. Wish it were a smaller

set though. I mean seriously...Helmet and Swords a BAF piece.

areswave.jpg

ey man, where did you find these? What's your location? thanks. I just finished Target Wave and now this!?!?!?! I'll be broke when thanksgiving comes! #hang@

Picked 'em all up tonight. 2 display trays (12 each) with 2 complete sets (1 for me, 1 for a friend) & 2 more each of Spidey, War Machine, IM & Torch (I think). 2 of each Torch (regular red & yellow & the darker "intense" flame version). Articulation is pretty much back to TB standards (IM has the ball socket elbows & no bicep swivels). Crossbones has the single elbow bend, as does Ares, but that's how TB did it with larger figures on occasion as well. No toe or finger joints (except for Kang (this is a TB figure after all) & Guardian, who uses the Quicksilver mold). All in all, a pretty nice batch. Ares is kinda over done as a BAF since he's pretty much the same size as Crossbones. @grumpy@

Could've done without the Torch & Vision (since he's pretty much exactly like the first one only with slightly less articulation (fingers & toes) & a lighter green. Okay, the collar of the cape is different.

In reagards to Ares, a couple of things are annoying about the distribution. The helmet, sword & dagger could've easily been with the head & the body should've been 1 piece instead of 2. Which would've brought it down to a 6 figure wave. Meh. @grumpy@

I still need Silver Savage & Union Jack for the Red Hulk wave, but that one is pretty good so far as well.

here you go:

100_5370.jpg

100_5371.jpg

100_5372.jpg

100_5373.jpg

100_5374.jpg

100_5375.jpg

100_5376.jpg

100_5377.jpg

100_5378.jpg

100_5379.jpg

as for a review....

-ult warmachine looks nice, good paint job, but i think they cheaped out and painted the tony stark head black and glued the helmet on so you cant take it off. Anyone have the same situation?

-Scarlet spiderman crap, hands are so smal and not i porportion

-Guardain decent figure reused body

-vision is ok but dont care for it

-Crossbones awsome fig!!!! but guns dont really fit in hand

-human torch same fig as ronin just diff head, prob the same as teh the 2 pack comign out

-Iron man meh dont care for it maybe if soemoen paints it better itll be nicer

-Kang...same fig as ff classics

-Ares Awsome!!!!!

WHAT?????

Guardian is out????

JJ!!!!!!!!

Anybody.............I NEEEEED this figure!!!!

PM me if you can help!

Wow the mighty arrow taken by surprise @loll@

anyways since you are always advising people to preorder

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11723

http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=119661

:D

I'm tempted to do a order my self to tell the truth I want at least half the wave and a baf for opening :D one figure closer to completing my mighty avengers :D

JJ you commented on the war machine figure, who is it suppose to be again in the ultimate verse ?.. wasn't it like ... the black widow or something?.. Also have you attempted the boiled water trick to get it open ?

JJ you commented on the war machine figure, who is it suppose to be again in the ultimate verse ?.. wasn't it like ... the black widow or something?.. Also have you attempted the boiled water trick to get it open ?

War machine is still James Rhodes in the ultimate universe. The Ultimate Iron Man II series featured him.

Black Widow did have an all black, more feminine looking version of the armor though, give to her by tony when they got engaged.

anyways since you are always advising people to preorder

Not, I'm NOT always advising people to pre-order--read closer what I write . I have never said anything about pre-ordering.

I preach about ordering on-line for ease and making use of the people you know to help you find stuff.

I'm not interested in the whole wave here; just Guardian, Kang and probably the Reborn Iron Man--the rest I can do without.

wow can I have you're BAF parts then ? :P & yeah if not for the BAF I'd be skipping spiderman the torch (which really should have been the invaders versions grr) & more than likely the vision as well :D collecting these is going to be very easy when they do away with the baf

Saw some tonight. They had Spiderman, Human Torch, Ironman and War Machine. They all looked horrid. The plastic looks cheap, and the paint looks badly done. They just look really cheaply made especially when compared to the Hulk Legends. Normally I'll buy an entire wave to make a BAF, even if certain figures don't appeal to me. However, I doubt I'll be buying these, if any of them.

I checked a Wal Mart last night and tonight with no success. I tried calling a few today and wasn't even able to get anyone from the toy department to pick up. And a couple of weeks ago when I was lookin' for the ML two packs, I was callin' a bunch of stores in the area and a couple said they weren't going to carry Marvel Legends anymore. When I asked if that meant the exclusive Wal Mart wave too, no employee had a straight answer. All in all I am excited for this wave, I think Spidey and the Vision look freakin' awesome, the whole wave does! Thanks to anybody posting pics too!

Off topic, I was on WalMart.com lookin' to see if they had the Ares wave for sale(they don't), and I noticed they have all of wave 1 two packs in stock in case anybody still needs them.

my favs are

-guardian

-ares

-ult warmachine

-crossbones

Picked these figures up today:

Haulon3Oct08001.jpg

Overall, I like the figures I bought. Wasn't crazy about Vision or Ultimate War Machine, and I already have Kang, so I'll try to trade for their parts.

Wish I would've left Ben Reilly in the display tray. The Human Torch legs don't work for a Spidey figure. Not crazy about the poseability and the web shooters interfere with the wrist joints. Good paint, mostly, and great range on the neck joint are positives for him. 5/10

Haulon3Oct08022.jpg

Haulon3Oct08023.jpg

Haulon3Oct08025.jpg

"Nova" Human Torch. Great looking figure. The nova effects stand out. Legs used are fine for him, since he's not a crouching character and the flame "hair" is much better than the HML FF wave figure's. 7.5/10

Haulon3Oct08026.jpg

Haulon3Oct08027.jpg

Guardian uses the Bullseye/Quicksilver base body, so that's good. Uses all the old Toybiz joints. Maybe a bit overboard with the blue wash over the white areas of the costume. Very nicely done. 8.5/10

Haulon3Oct08007.jpg

Haulon3Oct08008.jpg

Haulon3Oct08010.jpg

Crossbones has impressive height, due to being the Hulkling body. The mask is very nicely done. His guns are reuses of the Hydra weapons, and he can't hold them without rubber bands. Knee joints are loose. Cool figure, although I'm not sure how accurate he is. 6.5/10

Haulon3Oct08011.jpg

Haulon3Oct08012.jpg

Heroes Reborn Iron Man. I like him. Maybe not the greatest design for the armor, but it looks pretty close to what I remember it looking in that storyline. Like pretty much all Iron Man figures not based on the ML1 base, it looks too small to be a guy in a suit of armor. Not a big deterrent for me. He's pretty poseable, despite the Hasbro elbows and ankles. Paint is clean, with a couple small areas of slop. 7.5/10

Haulon3Oct08015.jpg

Haulon3Oct08017.jpg

Haulon3Oct08018.jpg