Ghost Hawk and Water Moccasin

Spike

What's goin on everyone? So I was looking on BBTS for some figures like I do every now and then and I saw that there are a few I havent seen or heard about before.. The Ghost Hawk and the Water Moccasin. It doesnt say who the drivers are on the page, so which figures does it come with? Also whats your opinion on these figures and vehicles?

It's "supposed" to be Python Copperhead but there's no Python Patrol markings on the pics of him we've seen so far. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they actually put them on him or not.

What's goin on everyone? So I was looking on BBTS for some figures like I do every now and then and I saw that there are a few I havent seen or heard about before.. The Ghost Hawk and the Water Moccasin. It doesnt say who the drivers are on the page, so which figures does it come with? Also whats your opinion on these figures and vehicles?

These two were announced at SDCC. The Hawk comes with Lift Ticket and Water Moccasin comes with Python Patrol Copperhead. Here are tons of images for those who maybe missed em.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&alb...00&start=20

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&alb...800&start=0

Admin NOTE: And just as a heads up to all. These boards you are posting on are attached to whats called a toy news website, so for those of you who seem to like to run over to other websites and come back here and post links from those sites with the repeating same news already found here, PLEASE STOP. I virtually gaurantee that any GIJoe toy news you could possibly find elsewhere on the net except for maybe an occasional exclusive at the JoeClub, unconfirmed rumors or prototype images from asian dealers will be found right here on TNI. I don't mind when a link to another site is posted for something you can't find here, but we work very hard to make sure you get all the up-to-the-min toy news and that it is accurate and found in one place and it's very disconcerning when I come on here and see these types of links to other competing websites. I don't wish to hijack this but I do want to make this point. In the future PLEASE make sure you've checked our own news sections before running off to another site for the purpose of reposting a link here.

Thank you,

Jay

END OF ADMIN NOTE:

It's "supposed" to be Python Copperhead but there's no Python Patrol markings on the pics of him we've seen so far. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they actually put them on him or not.

What markings do you mean? There wasn't a logo or anything like that on the original version...

What markings do you mean? There wasn't a logo or anything like that on the original version...

The original Python Patrol Leader didn't have the classic bare arms but wore a full-body green stocking with yellow waffle markings. The SDCC pics don't show much of his legs, but you can see a little yellow...

The Decos on Python Officer, Tiger Force Duke, or International "Glenda" Scarlett haven't been exactly like the originals. TF Flint seems closest of the homages so far, until Python CG comes out. I guess these subtle changes are what Hasbro considers "updates".

I think he just means that he is not colored anything like the original PP Copperhead.

He does not have any PP colored patterns or colors that the original PP Copperhead had. It is basically an all new color scheme but still beimng refered to as a PP figure.

I take back what I said. In all of the pictures I saw before I could not make out the pattern on his pants. It is alot closer to the original than I thought. Still it has some pretty noticable differences. That orange Cobra symbol and the bare arms really make a difference and just kind of jump out. I think this new one is an improvement on how he used to look. Not having the yellow undies is nice too.

So if Lift Ticket is coming with the Ghost/Skyhawk, does that mean we wont see the possibility of a Tomahawk release?

Not before the movie. Large sets like that won't get made for Joe, unless the movie line does well. Sad but true.

Still, Lift-Ticket and the Skyhawk look great in my opinion. I'll probably get about three.

The watermoccosan looks good too. I've never been a fan of PP, though the new copperhead looks pretty good.

@can@

Ijust wonder how they decide who gets to have a removable helmet and who doesn't.

Yeah. Lift Ticket looks great, but poor Slipstream looks like the cheap kit-bashed repaint that he is.

I was really suprised at how good Lift Ticket is going to be. After seeing Slipstream I was expecting alot of the vehicle guysto turn out like him.

I think from here on out the "cheaper" looking drivers/pilots are going to be with exclusive vehicles. So far every guy that came with a Target exlusive vehicle has not been that good.

So if Lift Ticket is coming with the Ghost/Skyhawk, does that mean we wont see the possibility of a Tomahawk release?

Ya never know-- we got Steeler with a smaller vehical, and later found out that he's also coming packed with his old MOBAT in the huge Target pack this Fall.

And for the record: I don't think it's Steeler's head that's wrong, because the new sculpt looks more like the O13 figure IMO than it does his appearance in either the cartoon or comic. It's the arms that suck! C'mon-- Steeler used to have long sleeves and gloves; where's the SE arms?!

Yeah and if they do a Tomahawk hopefully they tweak the blades so they dont droop over time.

Also I was surprised by the Mocassin being released as I only noticed it in the boxart of the Rattlers I recently got. Hopefully that may be a sign they will do the Moray and Skystriker too which are present in the art too.

I just hope if the y do make it the Tomahawk does not end up in some giant insanely expensive battle pack.

Unless it comes with the wolverine and covergirl.

@can@

That would be good.

pythoncopperhead.jpgVerhicles_04.jpg

I just noticed something... check out the left hand of Python Copperhead and compare it to Roadblock's. The hands are fixed. Take a look at the convention pictures of the Python Copperhead grasping the handles in the Water Moccasin-- the comic Pack Copperhead can't do that. Sure, we've seen Dukes with fixed crotches before in early pics and hand-painted samples in Hasbro displays, and then for what ever reason the final version doesn't have the correction. Maybe the Hasbro team is trying to revise Copperhead's hands for the vehical version. It makes sense, considering the improvements made to Python Officer and Tiger Force Flint and Duke. Has anyone read any Q&A's concerning this? I like the Copperhead mold, though it does inherit some weaknesses from the Roadblock mold, especially those hands. They just aren't very good for anyone other than a heavy gunner.