Marvel Select THOR

yojoebro82

Um, wow?

I just saw him today at my local comic store. They wouldn't let me buy him but I have him on hold. This figure is something! Only problem is that the ever-climbing action figure price has him at $20. Which only leads me to believe that people will b&%$# and moan, THEN buy him anyway :) But yeah, he's cool.

didn't these use to cost like $15ish or something ?.. 20 does not sound too bad if you really want it :) Why wouldn't you're LCS let you have it though if it was priced already?.. I may get this guy my self to stick in my avengers display ... I'd stick him in along side my secret avengers display my self... He is not really avenger anymore I know but ...

I just picked him up. I could not stand that puny little giant-man wave thor and i'm so glad this one is more to scale. I think he fits in perfect with the other MLs.

fair warning though, my thor has two left feet. Although something like that would normally urk me to no end. it is pretty unnoticeable. i dont think it takes away from an otherwise perfect figure.

asdfasdf.jpg

hmmm thanks for the pics guys I'm thinking of getting him how ever I can't get over the chubby look ... maybe I need to see one in person... I just think his arms and legs should be a tad smaller really....

ironman is more like a statue for this line isn't he ?.. Plus he has that big ass flame base behind him so you won't really be able to display him well by the others ... The MS New cap is also colored wrong and is all black :S

ironman is more like a statue for this line isn't he ?

I thought that too, but I could have sworn the little cataloge that came with Thor said "such and such" points of articulation. Wish I hadn't thrown it out.

Cap is designed after his new look in the comic. It looks just like it.

naw they have caps color all wrong :S Its suppose to be more like a dark blue or navy blue but they have it all black :S or maybe its just the lighting ... I duno... either way I think it looks off, I actually read the cap comics how about you ? :P interesting to know that ironman will have some articulation I wish we could get some better pics of the sucker! Thor is a rather tall character so I think the MS version fits in fine but what about scale wise as well when compared with the rest of the ML figures anyone have any idea how MS cap & ironman add up?

I actually read the cap comics how about you ? :P \

Yep. Got every issue of the latest series. So it boggles the mind that you have no idea what you're talikng about :D:P:D

I'm guessing he and IM will be 7'', so taller than your Marvel Legends.

navy blue :P & I'm sticking by it haha! :D well thats what I wish it was if anything :P it would make a heck of a lot more sense than just out right black :S at least opticon can see where Iam coming from with the blue thing though :D

I actually read the cap comics how about you ? :P \

Yep. Got every issue of the latest series. So it boggles the mind that you have no idea what you're talikng about :D:P:D

I'm guessing he and IM will be 7'', so taller than your Marvel Legends.

hmm I hate it when I think about scale too much I may get ironman on order too now that you guys have brought it up :S they would indeed look very sweet on display next to each other ...

You guys know there is a unmasked cap chase figure too right?.. Also a Genis-Vell Variant Figure

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11702

I'm all about scale....so the only other marvel select figure i'm interested in right now is Anti-Venom.

I remember looking at that little flyer that came with Thor too, Iron Man looks to me decently articulated (i remember seeing ball hips at the very least) but they did his ML8 costume again. If it were Extremis, i would consider getting him despite the size, but a new sculpt of a figure i already had does not appeal to me.

I'm kind of a stickler for scale too.

Just got into the Alex Ross DC Direct stuff, which is 7" which made me want to get some of the cooler 7" Marvel select stuff. So far besides Thor I got black Spidey, Emma Frost, and Black Widow. They all display great together.

I passed on this one. I'm still thinking about it. He kinda looks stocky, boxy to me. Did John

Romita Jr. draw the comic? I'm not too familiar with Thors current ongoings.

He looks nice stand alone but next to other MLs i'm still not too sure. Like the use of that Hellboy

guy. Thinks i've gotta get me one. :)