classics

synch

Voyager class Thundercracker and Sky Warp, with a re-paint Starscream later down the line. That fixes two Classics Seeker problems with only one new mold.

I'm with him. The Seekers are far too small as is.....just like Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are far too big.

If Hasbro ever gets around to all the great suggestions above, I would also like an Ultra Class Motormaster (that guy really deserves a decent toy for once!) that is actually engineered to combine with four deluxe-sized Stunticons. They could even go the inexpensive route and only make original molds for two of the cars, like the Combiner teams in TF:Energon, and I'd be okay with that as long as the decos are nice. What kind of mutant funnycar was Dragstrip anyways...?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be down with ANY kind of Springer that wasn't a repaint. First a tank then a chopper, both of which were other characters. Springer needs to have his day as a triple changer reminicent of his appearance in the Movie.

Of course we NEED a Wheeljack.

Jazz

Update Cliffjumper

Kup

Arcee

Proper Soundwave (with laserbeak , rumble and frenzy)

Shockwave

Perhaps a better (sculpted and distributed) version of Devastator. Though NOT as a box set and as individual Robots. This way we can have scale (or close to scale) figures that transform into and even bigger combiner.

Insecticons

Insecticons!! Absolutely!! But only the original three. The four "deluxe" Insecticons later on started bordering on the Beast Wars looking things. I liked the fact that the original three were mechanical approximations of insects (much like the Dinobots) instead of actually looking like insects.

Also, impromptu poll. Did (or should) the Insecticons change size ala Megatron, Soundwave, etc? Or were they giant bugs as big as cars? I think the cartoon made them big, but the comics had them shrink down to bug sizes. Although I bought it for Megs and them I didn't like the Insecticons doing it.

What do you like?

They size change some times they were as small as real bugs I think ... Other times they are just as large as the autobots ... remember tftm hot rod runs into/crunches more than a few of them... totally bashes one head in with his tires :D

Soooo it seems to me they are going to be wanting to be doing ops & megs again in this line up so what would you guys all think of TWW styled Op & megs figures in the classics line ?.. Heck I wouldn't mind other TWW figures in this line either ... They could give us the seekers but in TWW style how sweet would that be? One thing I like about TWW is its pretty much just g1 but with a more cybertron twist to em :D

If they continue this line after the movie like they've hinted, I just want them to make the remaining season 1 and 2 characters: that would make me happy. I don't really count repaint from other lines on my list of Classics character that need to be done. So I want Blaster, Blades and Springer redone in the future. They can throw in some season three and other series occaisionally, like the new Hot Shot.

Ok so ifinaly got the latest classics: Iron hide, side swipe, & Silver streak. with streaker and swipe being repaints (and thats cool and all bc that G1 mythos), but what about Iron hide? Now we've all been acheing for an Iron hide who actulay has a flippin head to speak of and we finaly got one., But what up with that alt mode??

Am i the only one who thinks his alt mode looks a lil to "broken up". I mean they couldnt find any other way to make him a bit more seamless. theres cracks in his windows for pete sake! But over all im still happy they made him.

so who up next on the list to get the classic treatment?

I think throwing in the recent series from the 3 japanese toons is a bad idea

It should be G1 only

i am with you man. as most of us only know about G1 . i for one didnt know about anything after G1 was over.

But it's not for 'most of us'. It's for all of us. Beast-era and Unicron Trilogy fans included. It's called 'Universe', not 'G1 All Over'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm most interested in the G1 stuff myself, and I want as much of it as I can get. But guys like Dinobot, Cheetor, and even Hot Shot don't take anything away from it for me. If I don't want them, that's just money I can save for stuff I like in the next wave.

For the record, I think that 'most of us' know about a lot more than G1... but I think 'most of us' are in the boat of caring the most about that period. There is a subtle difference, and it does affect general interest- and more importantly, buying habits.

Ok so ifinaly got the latest classics: Iron hide, side swipe, & Silver streak. with streaker and swipe being repaints (and thats cool and all bc that G1 mythos), but what about Iron hide? Now we've all been acheing for an Iron hide who actulay has a flippin head to speak of and we finaly got one., But what up with that alt mode??

Am i the only one who thinks his alt mode looks a lil to "broken up". I mean they couldnt find any other way to make him a bit more seamless. theres cracks in his windows for pete sake! But over all im still happy they made him.

I think Ironhide's alt mode looks horrible, holds together badly, and overall has the feel of an unused Movie mold with some new parts. It makes me want a general release of the Botcon Ironhide. A new figure shouldn't make me want a repaint to replace it with, you know?

I think that they should stick to G1 only for a while for the anniversary, but I would not be opposed to having characters from the more recent cartoons so that there's a line that both old collectors and new collectors can enjoy. It could be pretty cool to see characters that only appear in the TF Animated made to blend in with G1 (like Bulkhead). That said, here are my picks for Classics (not in order of preference):

-Omega Supreme

-Wheeljack

-Arcee

-Kup

-Springer

-Blurr

-Trailbreaker

-Optimus Prime with Trailer

-Ultra Magnus with armor (low on list, since one is available)

-Soundwave

-Shockwave

-Seekers (all of them)

-Blaster (a good one... not the one they just released)

I think throwing in the recent series from the 3 japanese toons is a bad idea

It should be G1 only

i am with you man. as most of us only know about G1 . i for one didnt know about anything after G1 was over.

But it's not for 'most of us'. It's for all of us. Beast-era and Unicron Trilogy fans included. It's called 'Universe', not 'G1 All Over'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm most interested in the G1 stuff myself, and I want as much of it as I can get. But guys like Dinobot, Cheetor, and even Hot Shot don't take anything away from it for me. If I don't want them, that's just money I can save for stuff I like in the next wave.

For the record, I think that 'most of us' know about a lot more than G1... but I think 'most of us' are in the boat of caring the most about that period. There is a subtle difference, and it does affect general interest- and more importantly, buying habits.

I love BW but there only starting to hit their teens

I'm sorry but it the 25th anniversary of what era?

Not

BW

BM

RID

Armada

Energon

Cybertron

TFA

But G1

Yes G1

Not no freaking universe

..and thats my 4 cents

I love BW but there only starting to hit their teens

I'm sorry but it the 25th anniversary of what era?

I have yet to see any proclamation of a 25th Anniversary on the Universe packaging, save for the Prime reissue of a 25 year old mold.

Additionally, the 25th anniversary is of the Transformers BRAND, which includes everything from G1 to today. If we're just talking about G1, there's certainly not 25 consecutive years of that to celebrate.

Again, it's not a G1 line. It's not a line devoted to what happened 25 years ago, but to celebrating all the years of the brand... in other words, the entire 'Universe'. They can't and won't make it a G1-only line because that's never been the intent.

G1 started 25 years ago none of the other lines did...and at that time we NEVER knew it would last this long

You're missing the point.

G1 only started the BRAND.

G1 did not last 25 years, the BRAND did.

Universe celebrates the BRAND, not G1.

You can feel free to prefer it another way, but what they are doing makes logical sense. The line is celebrating all 25 years of the brand, not just the launch of G1 25 years ago. Since that's been the intention all along (or at least since the renaming of 'Classics' to 'Universe'), there's really no viable argument that makes any other way the 'right' way.

Again, I want G1 myself, and lots of it... but like it or not, guys like Cheetor and Hot Shot have their place in this line too, and I'm not going to begrudge the people who want them.