nonameshmo30

mattel is asking about chase figures

Isn't the entire line of DCUC chase figures?

looks through the emoticons to find one to best go with the above post ...

ah...

here we go!

##1#

I think they should have complete waves, BAF figures, and chase figures online. Have them be a little bit more than what they would be at retail (ten dollars at most for the BAF's and waves) and it should work nicely.

Might as well. I paid that much for Lobo and he's another hard to find figure. So's Artemis and Sinestro Corps Sinestro. Might as well be convention exclusives for all that.

It's like hitting eBay for figures. It's better to give Mattel loot for $30 chase figures rather than the scalpers, but they should lower down their prices...or maybe send more figures to retail so that they can make more money?!!! This one box per store crap is ridiculous! This line is harder to find than MOTU 200X.

Mattel needs to ask about NORMAL FIGURES.

I will not pay $30 for a figure on the Mattyshop.

If they are exclusive to anywhere or shortpacked I will never see them, period. So no point in that.

Ther are many of these that I really want or will want and if I can't get them I will not continue to collect this line. PERIOD

Just get rid of them and make them regular figures in regular waves. Even if it has to be future waves or 2 packs.

I stopped collecting Marvel Legends because of crap like this and that was back when Toybiz made them.

In fact Mattel is already going the same route as Toybiz did at the end of their Marvel Legends run. You can't find anything in stores and chases are even harder to find than that. I might as well just stop now and quit wasting the little money that Mattel is getting from me.

What is your sig and avatar from??? It's so intriguing...

If they are exclusive to anywhere or shortpacked I will never see them, period. So no point in that.

Ther are many of these that I really want or will want and if I can't get them I will not continue to collect this line. PERIOD

Just get rid of them and make them regular figures in regular waves. Even if it has to be future waves or 2 packs.

I stopped collecting Marvel Legends because of crap like this and that was back when Toybiz made them.

In fact Mattel is already going the same route as Toybiz did at the end of their Marvel Legends run. You can't find anything in stores and chases are even harder to find than that. I might as well just stop now and quit wasting the little money that Mattel is getting from me.

I've been wondering the same thing.

In case he is not here to anwser, his signature and ava is from a parody called Italian Spiderman

Mattel isn't at fault, I believe as far as distribution, and I must give them credit. The 50/50 split on some variants is better than the 30/70 or 20/80 and so on. Overall I hate chase figures, it a waste of everybodies time and is a diservice to collectors. I don't hunt anymore and I don't like it. I order online and I like to know exactly what I am getting, no a big ?

As for distribution, start complaining to Target and TRU and stop calling Mattel. I went into TRU and they had NO peg for DCUC, I couldn't resist and I counted 24 pegs for Power Rangers that were full. For some FREAKIN reason execs at TRU think having a consistant line of TRU is more important than DCUC or even Marvel Legends for that matter. Target is no better, dry pegs while generic army men are always stocked. It is a sad state we are living in, but hope has come in the form of online stores CSC and BBTS, and that Mattel actually takes advice and is concerned about what we think, and to end....NO MORE CHASE, NO MORE CHASE,

I say bring on the chase! Give me a chase every wave. Honestly, I am not frustrated enough with this poor distribution, and bad paint apps. I need this to be further complicated so I can just write off collecting these all together. Common Mattel, give me another reason to stop wanted to buy these!

Mattel isn't at fault, I believe as far as distribution, and I must give them credit. The 50/50 split on some variants is better than the 30/70 or 20/80 and so on. Overall I hate chase figures, it a waste of everybodies time and is a diservice to collectors. I don't hunt anymore and I don't like it. I order online and I like to know exactly what I am getting, no a big ?

As for distribution, start complaining to Target and TRU and stop calling Mattel. I went into TRU and they had NO peg for DCUC, I couldn't resist and I counted 24 pegs for Power Rangers that were full. For some FREAKIN reason execs at TRU think having a consistant line of TRU is more important than DCUC or even Marvel Legends for that matter. Target is no better, dry pegs while generic army men are always stocked. It is a sad state we are living in, but hope has come in the form of online stores CSC and BBTS, and that Mattel actually takes advice and is concerned about what we think, and to end....NO MORE CHASE, NO MORE CHASE,

But Mattel is at fault. They only produced a very small amount of wave 2 and can not get enough product into stores unless they know it will sell like hotcakes and then even still they only produce enough of the main character, go into any Target, Walmart, or TRU and see how many new suit Batman and BB Batman figures you find and how few Scarecrows, Jokers, Thugs, and chases you find. Same sort of story back in the day with the 2002 MOTU. Mattel has major issues when it comes to distribution. And while I believe its up to the store to order figures there are stores that are ordering DCU and only getting one box and some isn't a whole box full of DCU they are getting half or few of DCU and then TDK figures usually the 5+ editions. I think if Mattel sent more you would see more on the shelves b/c the stores know they sell, and even if it was all the stores fault I think showing the empty pegs of DCU would help show that the product is moving. Mattel isn't producing enough figures to meet demand and the stores are putting on the shelves what they are getting.

In case he is not here to anwser, his signature and ava is from a parody called Italian Spiderman

Thanks for the assist. I was busy answering pm's about them. I don't think any avatar or sig has had people this interested before. I must get 10 pm's a week asking what they are from.

If you look for Italian Spider-Man on youtube there should be some videos. I know myspace has every episode that has been made. It is low budget and not in english but it is really funny and silly.

• Like 1

I think for whatever methods they choose $30 is a high price for a 6" figure with repeated baf/C&C parts that's mostly useless to a lot of people. It's just not reasonable.

I say get rid of the Chase Figures. I can accpet when the figure is short packaged in the case they come with, but when you do a variant chase of a figure, I think it's not a good idea, and all it does is just take up space. I never really liked the idea, nore am I a fan of it. I always feel that people will get figures that they want, and/or of the designs they like. So having either your favourite character, or favourite costume/look of a character as a chase can really be a downer. Why would you want to put more pressure in looking for the specific figure, or the figure in look you like when it's a Chase figure. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Not everyone likes to buy online(Weither it's from a online store or eBay), because you can't actually see the figure in your hands in person, nore do some people trust online shopping due to fruad and idenity theft(Scarest thing is that no security and idenity system is fully safe nor hacker proof, espeically if the hacker is very determined or very skilled. All they can clam is that they have the best in terms of security checking the system, stopping the threat ASAP, and the quickness of detecting and responsing to the threat). Plus, in reguards to eBay, there are guys who fib on what they sell.

I don't mind exclusives(Weither it's online, store, or convention) most of the time, and figures that are labeled "Limited Editon" or "Limited Release" are okay with me. But I think a figure that was made for a Chase Figure(Meaning it may or maynot be in each case) should be more used for something like either an exclusive, released in a later wave, for a multi-pack of some sort(2 packs, 3 packs, etc), or for another connected toyline(Example of connected toyline: The Marvel Legends Storm figure was her in a fully black suit around 2004 or 2005. The figure would later be re-released in the 2006 X-men toyline in a fully white suit. Now, I would of been pissed if in 2004 or 2005, ML Storm's regular was her in a black suit and then they had the Chase figure with her in the white suit, but because ToyBiz later re-released the same figure but this time in a white suit in 2006's X-men line, I was okay with it, because I wanted the white suit Storm. I was glad to have gotten the white suit verison without any hassal. Imagine how stressed out I would of been looking for the white suit verison if it was in the ML line as a chase).

Look at the recent DCU line. In the recent DCU wave, there is a regular Diana Wonder Woman figure, and then there is an Artimus Wonder Woman figure as the Chase. I feel that Artimus should of either been saved for either a later wave, exclusive, or even a future mulit-pack of sorts, and not used for a Chase.

Oh, and don't get me started with when all the Chase figure has is a different head, espeically in regards to unmasked verisons. Because if that's the case, when the regular is a masked/1 expression, and the chase is a unmasked/different expression, but the rest of the figure is the exact same(Or more or less the same), then the head should just be interchanagable. And Chase figures with different heads, but a different painted body(Or slightly modified body), could always be used for something else other than a chase.

In reguards to when the Chase figure only has variant accessories, I think I can accpet that, but only on a case by case basis, and it depends on how it's handle. For example: In the WWE line, there are some Chase/limited figures in which they come with a belt that's made from leather and real die-cast, while the regulars are just rubber/plastic belts. This is something I can deal with. Even something like say in the same wave, the regular Batman comes with sliver Batarangs and the Chase comes with Black Batarangs but in different shapes from the sliver one, I could tolerate as well. Sometimes, if the Chase figure comes with completely different accessories from the regular figure, I can be okay with(I think 1 of McFarlane's Spawn figures did this, where I think the Chase Pirate Spawn had completlely different accessories from the regular Pirate Spawn. Sorry, don't remember).

But something like say back in the 1st wave of the DCSH line, when regular Bane came with no accessories but the Chase Bane came with a teddy bear(Both being the exact same figures in terms of sculpt and paint. No other changes), then that's just plain wrong. Now, if they did something like regular Bane with just a teddy bear, and then Chase Bane with knife inside removable teddy bear head, for some strange reason, I can live with that, even if I did think it would be stupid to do a chase like that. Like I said, it's going to have to be on a case by case bases in terms of when the Chase figure's only variant is in their accessories and nothing else.

Now of course, my arugements could be a lot more stronger if the whole DCU toyline wasn't too much like a "Chase" toyline(Sorry, couldn't resist). But my comments on Mattel's not so great distribution will be saved for another time. But in short, Mattel, do what you can to fix your distribution, and no more Chase figures all together.

I think if it's going to be an exclusive figure then don't make it part of the line. If Mattel want's to make variant / chase figures. They should just sell them separate on their site without the C/C piece. I think that would make a lot of people happy and the price should be between $20-$25.

mattel is asking what we the fans want when it comes to chase figures. should they get rid of them all togather? put them online at matty.com a few months after the line comes out at about 30 bucks a pop? do less per case? or do vender only chase figs. what are the thoughts out there? i think either get rid of them all togather just add them to other lines down the road. but also put on line would be ok as well but cheaper and hopefully more amount. we all know sclapers would buy up all the chases as fast as they could on line. what do you guys think????

got a question. your thread says "Mattel wants to know about chase figs" right. So how did u learn Mattel wanted to know our opinions about there chase figs? if your sitting on a link, could u please post it. thanks.

mattel is asking what we the fans want when it comes to chase figures. should they get rid of them all togather? put them online at matty.com a few months after the line comes out at about 30 bucks a pop? do less per case? or do vender only chase figs. what are the thoughts out there? i think either get rid of them all togather just add them to other lines down the road. but also put on line would be ok as well but cheaper and hopefully more amount. we all know sclapers would buy up all the chases as fast as they could on line. what do you guys think????

got a question. your thread says "Mattel wants to know about chase figs" right. So how did u learn Mattel wanted to know our opinions about there chase figs? if your sitting on a link, could u please post it. thanks.

ToyGuru, who works for Mattel and frequents the boards, posted on AFI. Here's the link:

ToyGuru's post on AFI

I admit, after reading ToyGuru's post and explanation, it sort of changed my opinion. I didn't realize they were charged a premium for low-run figures.

Oh Mattel Mattel Mattel.....................you sly dog! Do you realy think your gonna get away with pulling this crap out ur ass??? You sneaky lil bastard, I'm hip to this lil game!!!

What Mattel is trying to do is some thing EVERY FLIPPING toy company has been dreaming of sence the 1st fig rolled off it line. Mattel wants its cake & eat it too. They want to cash in on all that scalper market that out there. They just can't stand it any longer!! watching all thoes dirt bag scalpers snatching up their figs & then turning them in to gold. Now Mattel is looking to recreate that very set up by having us "hoodwinked" in to thinking they are under some BS gun, & that cost are "sky high" BULLSH*T!

The only thing in here that's high is the Mattel CEO who think people are gonna buy that lame ass excuse! Don't gimme a bunch of crap that it cost an arm & leg to make a fig. Matter of fact I was at my LCS the other day & was checking out the DCD Magic figs. Now I'm not in to them at all, but I had to give the figs porps bc they look damn good! tons of detail & big as hell. & they were the cheapest figs at the LCS bc they don't seem to move very well (guess I'm not the only one who's passing on them). But my point is simple. if DCD can make such big ass figs w/that much detail, & the retail is nice & low, then what's the deal with Mattel???

& don't gimme that "there two differant Co's either. its not that much of a differance in the Co's. Mattel needs to just cut the sh*t, stop trying to get even greedier than they already are, & JUST MAKE THE FLIPPING TOYS!!!!!! BC no one (at least not me) is buying this load of crap! I believe it when they say their vendors charge more at places like SDCC but makeing a chase fig doest cost them that much more to justify a price tag of $30 freaking dollars.

Sorry Mattel........................go get your pigions some where else.

f the whole chase/variant figure of the whole 1 per case idea.

It's the most idiotic move ever which only favors the scalpers that work part time at Target or the unemployed guys that are up every morning when a store opens - which at the same time cut 'deals' with the part time workers.

The way to go is with a mail away figure, collect the figures and you get your chase/variant figure.

Look at the mossman mail away, great concept! they used a standard mold and made it a great figure, same with faker. online exclusives, cool too so that you got the internet? great! now you can get your figure. Avoid the stupid lines at conventions, avoid the scalpers, avoid the store visits - just go online from your house in your PJ's and get a cool figure.

f the whole chase/variant figure of the whole 1 per case idea.

It's the most idiotic move ever which only favors the scalpers that work part time at Target or the unemployed guys that are up every morning when a store opens - which at the same time cut 'deals' with the part time workers.

The way to go is with a mail away figure, collect the figures and you get your chase/variant figure.

Look at the mossman mail away, great concept! they used a standard mold and made it a great figure, same with faker. online exclusives, cool too so that you got the internet? great! now you can get your figure. Avoid the stupid lines at conventions, avoid the scalpers, avoid the store visits - just go online from your house in your PJ's and get a cool figure.

yeah, but not for $30!

30 or 20 its better than anything on ebay and feeding some poor scalper's table.

I would say to Mattel that my interest in chase figures is zero since I cannot find a single regular figure.

I'm probably going to drop this line altogether since its pretty clear that I'm not going to find any of them and I'm certainly not likely to find any of the waves that have been supposedly released so far. Aquaman is a lost cause for me. I don't want to be stuck with a fragmented JLA where I'm missing Aquaman, Wonder Woman and other key characters. I also don't want an amputee of a C&C figure because I can't get a decent shot at all the figures necessary to complete them.

I don't know whose fault this is. I don't know if its Mattel, Target, or TRU. I don't care.

The end result is that I'd like to buy this line but I can't find it.

I dont see how mattel is hurting they just won 100 million dollar settelment from the brats line. and they use the same body cast for most of there figs. example: aquaman same body different heads or superman same body but different paint jobs. Its really starting to make me sick to my stomach the way the toy / collector market is or has gone. I like the mail in idea but that dont work for guys like myself who dont open up there figs. so then id have to get 2 sets one to keep in package and one to open for the mail away. the online thing is good but not at 30 bucks a pop and thats not includin shipping and handleing.Honeslty the best thing in my eyes is make the cases bigger with more figs.have at least 2 of all the figs even chase figs and send 2 cases to every store. to hell with every one trying to make mega bucks on the secondary market get back to the true collector who buys these fig just because we like them or its our fav person to collect. The collector has been gettin pissed on alot here lately in the past few yrs. I hate to even say this but we the true collectors need to boycot and send letters to mattel and other Cos who do this. one thing i can say about DCD is they may not have the articulation i like but at least u can find them most of the time when they come out.