How Much Do You Think The Wraith Variant Will Sell For In The E-Bay

lldjslim

My guess is between $100.00 - $200.00 and if its graded by AFA probably $300.00 - $500.00.

You see as soon as some desperate collector or sucker plucks down his hard earned doe for a Wraith variant at one of the above prices I just mentioned, every other seller on e-bay will raise his price to the price at whatever the first e-bay seller got for his and they won't back down from it either.

And as soon as the Wraith variant is impossible to find expect the prices to double, triple and quadruple.

The GI Joe 25th anniversary line is defiently a scalpers dream.

I actually think that some idiot out there will actually buy a Wraith variant for $1000.00.

If someone out there actually does buy a wraith variant for $1000.00, then I will defeintly put my Wraith variant up on e-bay too and sell mines at that price.

As sad as it makes me, I see it like that too. If it doesn't go for a ridiculous SDCC-level price point, I'll give up collecting. I'm that sure of it. I mean, try to find 'Dark Destro' on eBay for under 25 or 30 bucks ... and that's a head. Imagine what a whole figure in clear plastic (as equally popular as the 'Black Repaint' figures in most other toylines) will fetch.

Ultimately, I'll say 50 - 80 dollars on average.

Tom

Of course it all depends on what the ratio of normal to chanse will be and I don't think we've got an exact number from Hasbro yet. I am sure that as the wave first hits and people scramble to get one the price might be quite high. I don't think it would break $200 and as soon as the wave starts popping up everywhere and the variant becomes more accessable I would expect the price to come down.

I doubt it. Wraith has very little appeal compared to Snake Eyes - the casual Joe collector won't even know who he is.

It's like comparing the SDCC gold PDD to the SDCC business suit Cobra Commander - the prices aren't even close.

I doubt it'll sell for such astronomic prices but I don't think character popularity will have anything to do with it's price. Completists pay big cash in order to make their collections 'whole' and scalpers know that. Besides, I want a "phasing" Wraith and I don't even know anything about the character. I agree with the original post that as soon as a price is set it's what a figure will sell for. I'm usuall against selling on the secondary market as it hurts us collectors who just want one figure, but when the Yellow Stalker reached $150 for a loose figure, I sold mine. My one $6 Stalker bought me many more.

Point is it doesn't matter who the figure is based on, it'll sell well over the face value just because it's rare. More rare when the dedicated scalpers start scooping them up.

What the heck is the point of this variant? a stealth Wraith.... like anyone is gonna open up "RARE" wraith. Well its only

Rare for someone who doesnt get up at 6am to hunt every retail outlet in town to grab it up to sell on ebay. Or maybe even swap the figure out and return it.

Bah waste of a Variant, On a character thats less impressive then Matt Trakker.

I agree with (and love) the idea of Wraith being less popular than Matt Trakker. MASK4LYF.

But for those of us who don't mind something different, Wraith is a welcome addition to an army of Cobras I already own in one form or incarnation already. Plus, the fact that he can make himself invisible is pretty cool.

It's really no more ridiculous than Zartan's ability to change his clothes to differetn clothes while he's camo-phasing, or Destro not breaking his arm everytime he fires rocket-propelled weaponry from his forearm. ; D

Tom

I wouldn't be surprised if this variant is the least popular so far. It's not like those "Hologram" figures for the Star Wars line fly off the shelves, and that's really all this figure amounts to. Unless it's extremely low-produced (which is entirely possible) it's probably not going to be that expensive/hard to find. Just wait out the first few weeks of "ZOMG ULTRA RARE WRAITH VARIANT MOC AFA XXX" on the 'bay and it should work out fine.

It's really no more ridiculous than Zartan's ability to change his clothes to differetn clothes while he's camo-phasing, or Destro not breaking his arm everytime he fires rocket-propelled weaponry from his forearm. ; D

That part about Destro was funny.

I don't even want the variant for retail price. I don't care for the regular version much and the stealth version even less. That's just me though. I will get the regular Wraith and I think it is cool that he is being made but I am not getting hot and bothered over the regular or variant.

Wasn't there a clear variant of a JVC figure? I don't remember it being that hot of an item, whatever it was.

• 7 months later...

NECROPOST!

Hi guys. FYI, a wraith variant that was AFA graded 10.0 just sold on eBay for 912 dollars. How about that action?

Where do you see that? I just checked on completed listings and the highest was for $335, but that also included both SDCC Commanders, and everything was AFA-graded. Seems like you can get a clear Wraith pretty easily for $40-50...

I agree with (and love) the idea of Wraith being less popular than Matt Trakker. MASK4LYF.

But for those of us who don't mind something different, Wraith is a welcome addition to an army of Cobras I already own in one form or incarnation already. Plus, the fact that he can make himself invisible is pretty cool.

Tom

Or Destro's ability to make a metal mask conform/move to his facial expressions and speech.

What the heck is the point of this variant? a stealth Wraith.... like anyone is gonna open up "RARE" wraith. Well its only

Rare for someone who doesnt get up at 6am to hunt every retail outlet in town to grab it up to sell on ebay. Or maybe even swap the figure out and return it.

I would open it. I don't really buy MOC stuff (I DO have a few MOC TFs, some of the first Classics).

I would open it. I don't really buy MOC stuff (I DO have a few MOC TFs, some of the first Classics).

Did these ever show up in stores? I pound a lot of pavement looking for my toys and I never saw one in stores. I was lucky enough however to get one in the cases that came from BBTS. With that said it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch that this figure could fetch up to $30-40 but I personally wouldn't pay that or anything higher. Not for this figure...

Did these ever show up in stores? I pound a lot of pavement looking for my toys and I never saw one in stores. I was lucky enough however to get one in the cases that came from BBTS. With that said it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch that this figure could fetch up to $30-40 but I personally wouldn't pay that or anything higher. Not for this figure...

I have scoured the joe forums looking for an answer to that question and im going to have to say no. There ofcourse is a few idiots that claim to have found them at a grocery store or something but wouldnt respond to my questions.

From what i gather these were in the first batch of the wave that was sent to internet retailers first and never made it to retail.

I have scoured the joe forums looking for an answer to that question and im going to have to say no. There ofcourse is a few idiots that claim to have found them at a grocery store or something but wouldnt respond to my questions.

From what i gather these were in the first batch of the wave that was sent to internet retailers first and never made it to retail.

I think it is possible. I found the wave with Mutt and all at Kohl's around Christmas, WELL before I found them anywhere else (by like a month). Take that black headed Destro. I only EVER saw one of them (which, of course, I picked up. Wanna see pics? @firedevil@ ).

I think it more they were distributed in such small numbers nobody but scalpers found them.