Mystery SE, SS and Duke compared with JVG

Blackmada

I brought this up in another thread and wanted to point it out more clearly and get some more opinions.

I think these mystery Duke, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes figures look alot like some previous JVC figures with some slight differences.

That Duke there looks an alot like this Duke here.

This Storm Shadow looks like this one.

This Snake Eyes looks like this Snake Eyes.

Do the rest of you think that is what Hasbro is going for with these?

There are similarities to the paint schemes.

They are VERY different, certainly in terms of molding. Design-wise, some of the basic elements are similar, they share some of the basic design themes--but sculpt-wise there is no comparisons.

Its hard to say WHAT Hasbro is going for with these, because, as far as toys go, these are so close to the 25th stuff in so many ways as to be redundant.

Its frustrating because, to my mind, if this is a all-new, all-different interpretation of GIJOE then it probably should reflect it with pretty much all-new product.

There's too many re-used elements here.

The Snake-Eyes Resolute figure just looks like a variation......a SLIGHT variation of the previously released V.3 Snake-eyes.

I dunno.........if these are the Resolute figures--they are not doing a thing for me. Zippo. Zero. Nyet. Nada.

All but confirmed at this point, even tho Hisstank won't post a retraction. These guys are *not* the upcoming Resolute figures (aka Omega Force). It's just Hasbro trying to be a little more creative with their repaints, either for comic packs (like the other pre-prod figures that were shown in the same bulk news article), or for some other release.

But at this point, I'm thoroughly convinces by fan-chatter at more reputable sites (than HT.C) that these were grossly innaccurately reported as Resolute.

It's just Hasbro trying to be a little more creative with their repaints, either for comic packs (like the other pre-prod figures that were shown in the same bulk news article), or for some other release.

I'm all for that. The huge issue I have with most of the repaints isn't even their existence so much as there not being enough difference between most of them to bother with. I could give two bits if the trim color on Duke is a slightly different shade; I want variations that MATTER. It's not like there aren't plenty of Dukes and Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows to choose from. Even better, enough characters can/could use the same or similar molds that Hasbro could 'cheat'. Give me a 'Glider Pilot' Snake Eyes who looks like Night Vulture or something...

Balls. Hopefully this is just some sort of twisted joke. These figures were fine (sort of I guess) when they were in the Joe v Cobra line, but I seriously hope they don't see the light of day in the Resolute - or any other - line. Getting repaints of figures is one thing. Getting repaints of lesser figures is another.

Hasbro, consider our chain pulled. Now lets see what you really have in store.

Balls. Hopefully this is just some sort of twisted joke. These figures were fine (sort of I guess) when they were in the Joe v Cobra line, but I seriously hope they don't see the light of day in the Resolute - or any other - line. Getting repaints of figures is one thing. Getting repaints of lesser figures is another.

I would not mind seeing some of the new characters though like Barrell Roll, Black Out and Sand Vipers, guys like that, I'd take pretty much all of them. I don't care so much for the old characters that were redone though. Some of them like the Nightcreepers, some of the BATs, Ripper, Torch and Zarana could be really cool though. Getting into the JVC line is something where Hasbro should do a poll and make the ones we would want more. For now though and the next few years they should not get into JVC much.

There are similarities to the paint schemes.

They are VERY different, certainly in terms of molding. Design-wise, some of the basic elements are similar, they share some of the basic design themes--but sculpt-wise there is no comparisons.

Its hard to say WHAT Hasbro is going for with these, because, as far as toys go, these are so close to the 25th stuff in so many ways as to be redundant.

Its frustrating because, to my mind, if this is a all-new, all-different interpretation of GIJOE then it probably should reflect it with pretty much all-new product.

There's too many re-used elements here.

The Snake-Eyes Resolute figure just looks like a variation......a SLIGHT variation of the previously released V.3 Snake-eyes.

I dunno.........if these are the Resolute figures--they are not doing a thing for me. Zippo. Zero. Nyet. Nada.

I too have realized that these were painted like the old joe figures and have posted my thoughts about it on a previous thread.

This isn't anythin new since they have released a Venom vs VAlor repaint in this new line a year ago. It was the VvV version of Storm Shadow. In terms of sculpting, the vvv and the 25 v1 toy are not similar in anyway, but in terms of paint, the latter is ahomage to the former with the exception of a star on his thigh rather than a dragon.

I noticed those similarities almost as soon as the pictures hit. I suspect they're either going to be comic-pack characters (particularly since the other figures we saw in the batch were from comic packs, or possibly a battle pack of JvC incarnations.

It's also possible they could end up an exclusive of some kind.

Oh, and the Cobra Commander bears about as much similarity to the JvC Cobra Commander, too.

I really love some of the jvc/vvv designs (not at all ! zartan vvv was a disgrace) but these figs aren't so hot. Duke has thunder thighs, and i loath those comic pack stormy legs. Lucky for me i've custimized jvc looking versions of these two my self.

If we keep getting stormys and dukes why not night ops? or more specific op types?

I personally expect these to be comic pack incarnations, or possibly a TRU or Target exclusive set. Who knows.

However, I would also like to see some of the original characters from JvC VvV and ST updated and modified for the 25th line. Barrel Roll, Bombstrike, Blackout, Dart, Med Alert, Neurotoxin, and others were all great characters that just got the shaft on the figure construction. THey deserve another chance with the new sculpting.

@can@