Neutron

What Idiot Is Running the JLU Line?

Can't we just get a single carded Volcana, since they apparantly only produced about 18 of that three-pack and never shipped them to the southeast. Mattel seems to love to repackage old figures, so how about one that so many people were unable to get?

Volcana IS on the way on a single card.

She was shown at San Diego and it was confirmed that she was on the way solo.

Of course, this is assuming that this line lasts long enough. I think the artery that is Target might finally have found a fatal blockage in this wave.

To tell the truth I thought this line was finished a long time ago till I saw a couple of the JLU figures pop up at San Diego and Target get in a peg of the figures the figures two weeks ago.

Looks like a lot of haters in this thread.If you don't buy JLU to begin with,you should'nt even be wasting your time or ours, posting in this thread.

I think the main thing is getting too many repeats.If Mattel would give us new characters (and they are: yellow Sinestro,Deadman,Batman Beyond,Harley Quinn,Bane,Scarecrow and the rumored Shazam) and cool repaints,the collectors that actually support this line will continue to do so.

The haters will be sure to find something else to hate and then complain about.

Looks like a lot of haters in this thread.If you don't buy JLU to begin with,you should'nt even be wasting your time or ours, posting in this thread.

I think the main thing is getting too many repeats.If Mattel would give us new characters (and they are: yellow Sinestro,Deadman,Batman Beyond,Harley Quinn,Bane,Scarecrow and the rumored Shazam) and cool repaints,the collectors that actually support this line will continue to do so.

I don't think there is a lot of haters in this thread, in fact my post above was saying to the fact that Mattel really hasn't been pushing the line at all. So much that I actually thought it was no longer available. What haters are you talking about? The "hating" going on is on Mattel not on line, just b/c someone says they don't collect the line for one reason or another doesn't make them a "hater".

I don't think there is a lot of haters in this thread, in fact my post above was saying to the fact that Mattel really hasn't been pushing the line at all. So much that I actually thought it was no longer available. What haters are you talking about? The "hating" going on is on Mattel not on line, just b/c someone says they don't collect the line for one reason or another doesn't make them a "hater".

I'm quite sure I did'nt single you out,so don't go getting all defensive.Did you only read your posts?I just want people who don't collect the line to stifle themselves as negative opinions could possibly aid in ruining it for the rest of us.

I used to collect the line but sold all of mine off a few months ago. Some of the new ones that have been announced would have been cool to me a couple of years ago, but it's too little too late, I lost the desire after I ended up with my 15th Superman, and I also got pretty turned off that a lot of them can't even stand on their own. They charge as much for these as they do for G.I. Joes in a lot of places, when the playability is almost non-existent with JLU. I admire the obscure characters they have released, but that's about it as far as positiveness goes for me.

I'm quite sure I did'nt single you out,so don't go getting all defensive.Did you only read your posts?I just want people who don't collect the line to stifle themselves as negative opinions could possibly aid in ruining it for the rest of us.

It doesn't work like that. The only thing that will aid in ruining the line is lack of sales. People can criticize or praise as much they want, but if the figures are selling like hotcakes, there's no way any amount of complaining on the internet will get Mattel to end the line. Conversely, if the figures aren't moving, it doesn't matter how much positive smoke you blow up Mattel's collective backside, they'll can the line.

It's the accessories that are going to sell that wave, not necessarily the characters. It's like buying Stargirl for her Mega Rod or the Shinning Knight single for his sword. Or even that horrid neon green Green Lantern variant for the translucent energy hand.

Are you kidding?

People grumble when they have to buy another Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman when the "accessory" is a whole new character like Parasite, Captain Atom, or Galatea. I really doubt that these accessories are really going to entice anyone all the way to the cash register. Supes has been packaged with interesting accessories before such as kryptonite and the Black Mercy. Both were peg warmers.

The Wonder Pig accessory might just prove to be the exception as shown by some of the responses in this thread. It's so quirky and unusual that you just know this will be your only shot at a Wonder Pig. Mattel once again proves their bad judgement by packaging WP with Batman instead of Wonder Woman. After all, out of the two of those characters, which one is likelier to sell without a Wonder Pig?

Not at all. Some accessories are vital to the character. Like Orion's astro harness, WW's lasso, Green Arrow's bow or Vigilante's gun. You might not care that Green Arrow doesn't have a bow, but others pass up the weaponless 3 packs in order to get the version with the accessories. If there is no single packed version, then collectors would buy the 3 pack version instead.

(And I see your point, some accessories get mitigated because of the availability of the figure. Since Superman was sold in damn near ever 3 pack and single wave, he was everywhere and no one wanted to add yet another Superman to their collections)

As for Wonder Pig, Batman was running around with Wonder Pig in the episode and since the figures now reference the particular episode, it makes sense. However, it would make even better sense to sell Wonder Pig with a Circe figure, as if she just turned WW into a pig.

Is this wave being geared towards new fans? I honestly can't see this NOT warming the pegs. I haven't seen a line kamikaze itself like this since Masters of the Universe. We're going to see a lot of Superme and Batmen mixed in with those non-selling Infinite Heroes figures.

Good luck, Mattel. I think this time you might finally have killed the JLU line.

Why are you Calling Infinite Heros non-selling they haven't even been released yet?

I personally think that this new line is going to be the new super powers line.

I already plan on ordering everything they release.

Infinite Heroes wave 1 has been out for some time now

I'm one of the people here who hates collecting repeats

Recently a 3 pack came out with The Question but in order to get it I must buy yet buy more of the origional 7 sinct the two other figures are them

I went into a Target today to see if the Batpod finally came out, no luck there but as for JLU it was nothing but one three pack with the question and a few of those six packs. And it looks like they have more pegs for the JLU then they do for DCU (4 pegs compared to the 3 for DCU). Its hard to tell if the figures are selling or they are not getting stock b/c the DCU and the JLU pegs have both been sparse for weeks now.

I think if things keep going like this, I will have to drop both lines; its getting almost impossible to get the lines DCU and JLU even on the net, I dropped like 80 on ebay just for wave 3, and now I dont even have the option to get the characters I want, I have to get the entire wave instead, no singles in the net for less than 20$.

But getting to the JLU topic, Mattel is really dropping the ball on this. I think my money will go only to Transformers Classics and Animated.

But getting to the JLU topic, Mattel is really dropping the ball on this. I think my money will go only to Transformers Classics and Animated.

Even though Hasbro doesn't give us things like anew Soundwave orThe rest of the seekers at least they give us figures in abundance as where Mattel doesn't know how to keep up with its lines

Why are you Calling Infinite Heros non-selling they haven't even been released yet?

I guess you don't get out to Target or TRU much.

Not only has the Infinite Heroes line been out for a couple of months now, but they've been rotting on the pegs almost since they hit. The IH pegs at TRU look particularly well-sticked and untouched most likely due to TRU's ungodly 7.99 price point!

Not only has the Infinite Heroes line been out for a couple of months now, but they've been rotting on the pegs almost since they hit. The IH pegs at TRU look particularly well-sticked and untouched most likely due to TRU's ungodly 7.99 price point!

I actually dont get out much. I apologize for not checking before I said something. I think they look awesome and can't wait to get them. They look like they have an awesome selection and aer kind of like the super powers figures. The fact that they are based on the comics and they are good representations of them makes them awesome in my book.

Once I get my first check from My new job I am ordering them all and preordering what isnt out yet.

I actually dont get out much. I apologize for not checking before I said something. I think they look awesome and can't wait to get them. They look like they have an awesome selection and aer kind of like the super powers figures. The fact that they are based on the comics and they are good representations of them makes them awesome in my book.

Once I get my first check from My new job I am ordering them all and preordering what isnt out yet.

The Inifinite Heroes figures do look cool, and they have some good figures planned, but the first wave is, in a word, horrible. I mean, if they were trying to make a worse first wave I don't see how they'd do it. There are no recognizable names other than Shazam (Captain Marvel), and he's not exactly an A-list star.

And the problem with a poor first wave is no one will buy them, so that will both keep stores from ordering the other waves and clog pegs so that when it's time to get the new waves there are no spaces for them.

I don't know who approved that lineup, but it's imperative you get Superman and/or Batman into the first wave. I know people get sick of them, but there's a reason they're the most popular. Even if the 3-pack with Superman in it was on shelves that would help, but that hasn't even shipped yet. IH is a total blunder by Mattel thus far, and I think whomever is in charge of it is also in charge of JLU and DCUC.

I don't see the appeal of the Infinite Heroes line. It takes money away from the 6 inch line, they are severely lacking in both sculpting and articulation, and they're even more expensive than the JLU figures in some places.

Wave there are only afew I would want

Shazam,Guy Gardner and Professor Zoom

I look at most of the rest and think who the hell are these guys

the JL Infinite heroes line is doomed unless they come out with some cool playsets or vehicles. They are a bunch of peg warmers everywhere I go.

I think they look awesome and can't wait to get them. They look like they have an awesome selection and aer kind of like the super powers figures. The fact that they are based on the comics and they are good representations of them makes them awesome in my book.

Do yourself a favor and check them out in person before ordering them on line.

I was looking forward to the Infinite Heroes line too. I liked the nice variety of characters and I even preferred the limited articulation. The preliminary photos though didn't look very good to me. Still, I decided to reserve judgement until I saw them in person.

Wow! What a disappointment ...even with the reservations I was already having!

These things are hideous and cheap looking. They look like crude Mexican knock-offs. The Reverse Flash is the best of the bunch and to be fair, if the others had been on a level with him, the line wouldn't be so bad. Captain Marvel is horrible. I can never bring myself to plunking down good money for that monstrosity ...which brings me to the next problem. These trolls are expensive! Target seems to be the cheapest outlet selling them for five bucks. TRU charges a ridiculously obscene EIGHT BUCKS!!! Wow! Even for the five, I'd expect them to come in a box full of cereal which is what they look like.

I can't imagine this line continuing. Everywhere I go I see pegs of these figures looking absolutely untouched. This is a line that makes me wonder about the decision makers at Mattel as much as the JLU line does. Even if you're stuck with a cheap and ugly product, who chooses Adam Strange, Reverse Flash, Guy Gardner, and Captain Marvel as you're initial wave? I mean...C'mon! Adam Strange?!?!

I'm beginning to suspect that Mattel has been infiltrated by saboteurs out to topple the company from within. Is there a single DC line that is going well for them?